Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blight Patch Notes - 5/18/05

Default Blight Patch Notes - 5/18/05

Updates/Fixes:
    Experience bonuses or penalties now use the highest rated member of the group instead of each group member's rating (to a maximum of 120). This means, among other things, if the highest rated member of the group gets no experience for a monster, nobody in the group will.[*]Modified: Method that monsters choose a preferred target.[*]Formulae now contain all previous tiers of their products. For instance, a Journeyman formula can now be used to make Beginner tiers of its item(s).[*]Gangaf?s Experimental Boots of Speed are now attuned when you receive them and have a minimum level for use.[*]Fixed some grammatical issues in the Gangaf quest "Construct a Pump".[*]Corrected: Tthe description of the "Mechanical Pump".[*]Devisha now gives better directions for finding Lars Zantus in the Gangaf quest "Create Valves".[*]The Aroah Health Crystal and the Darkstaff Small Crystal no longer conflict.[*]The inventory icon for Yew Staff and Fine Yew Staff are corrected.[*]Added: a description to all Beetle Carapaces.[*]Fixed: The appearance of Grangus Gregor in Dalimond.[*]Scarab components are now stackable.[*]Corrected some typos in the 'Citrine Stomp' New Rachival Town Marshall Quest[*]Fiery Dire Wolf Fang now lists Adventure: Dragon Breath V.[*]Skalkaar grulets have been removed from New Trismus Island.[*]The NPCs from Skalkaar (Spitfyre, Karkath, Jemenoth, and Drouk) now speak to you differently depending upon your characters race and Hatchling\Adult\Ancient\Khutit status.[*]The Dragon Craft Trainer on Skalkaar no longer ignores characters that have completed the crafting quest.[*]Spitfyre, the Dragon Hatchling Emissary is no longer referred to as a Dragon Greeter.

Additions:[*]Gangaf the Exiled Tinkerer continues work on his project and is seeking enthusiastic tinkerers to assist him.

Lesser Aradoth Change Notes Lore:
    Lesser Aradoth has experienced a burst of growth and as a consequence many indigenous and non-indigenous creatures have begun returning to the lands. A new forest has grown on the northern half of Lesser Aradoth, while the jungle has expanded significantly on the southern half. Ishalin the Ranger and Tirral the Scout have setup a camp just inside the Kion Forest outside the East Gate. They are encountering some difficulties with the local Wild Gruoks and are looking for assistance. Withered Aegis minions have moved back into the lands of Lesser Aradoth. Kion is experiencing raids on both the East and West Gates and skeleton patrols have been spotted on many of the roads all across the island. Corporal Leshlia in Kion is looking for volunteers to help with this new threat.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Default Re: Blight Patch Notes - 5/18/05

k before I get to excited please explain this note

Formulae now contain all previous tiers of their products. For instance, a Journeyman formula can now be used to make Beginner tiers of its item(s).

does this mean that beginner forms are NOW removed from our 1000 count max forms ? That if you have the Jman version you can make the beginner version of the item as well ? I assume this does not apply to expert because they are obtained in a different fashion ?

If I read this right it in effects removes the beginner forms from my max 1000 form limit ??

You are right. If you have an expert form of something, then upon opening said form you will be able to make any previous tiered product as well. Thus removing a need for the physical lower tiered forms. This will create more room in your book for new forms.

GhostRdr -
    100- RVR, SPRT, HLR, CONJ, SHMN, GRD
    100- BLK, WPN, FIT, MSN

Fayde- 69 Adult Lunus/35 craft
    82nd Level Hoard
    Member of the Dark Council
    Nana & Gerard Guild Communities

Quote Originally Posted by GhostRdr
    You are right. If you have an expert form of something, then upon opening said form you will be able to make any previous tiered product as well. Thus removing a need for the physical lower tiered forms. This will create more room in your book for new forms.
    you have seen this on Blight already ?? even just for Jman and Beginner it would be good.

No, as i dont have a character on blight.
    But according to what amon said, what you and I mentioned would be true.

GhostRdr -
    100- RVR, SPRT, HLR, CONJ, SHMN, GRD
    100- BLK, WPN, FIT, MSN

Fayde- 69 Adult Lunus/35 craft
    82nd Level Hoard
    Member of the Dark Council
    Nana & Gerard Guild Communities

[Y][Y] This will save me some serious crafting hotkey space too. Yay!!!!

Some nice changes especially the forumla one that will solve all future craft form book problems. Also the group XP change is well over due.

Also good to see dragons of skalkaar react differently to bipeds.

Go gangalf get that project of yours done!
    Zodias of Order
    Sprit Disciple Quilt, Miner

Monk Issue List

oneirosuchus

Quote Originally Posted by Amon Gwareth
    Updates/Fixes:[*]Formulae now contain all previous tiers of their products. For instance, a Journeyman formula can now be used to make Beginner tiers of its item(s).
    Eee! *hugs Amon*You DO listen! My kitty shall be a very happy crafter.

I am SOOO glad about the formulae and Scarab comp changes!

I may just end up going ahead and take up Fletching so I can make everything except spells (that's Esmari's job, not Merriweather's)!

[*]Formulae now contain all previous tiers of their products. For instance, a Journeyman formula can now be used to make Beginner tiers of its item(s).
    Oooh, and now crafters really can make almost everything (barring racial limitations).

Of course, the profound effect this will have on my dragon's hotkey bars will be much more important than the fact that my biped might someday be able to make any and all biped-usable equipment.

[*]The Aroah Health Crystal and the Darkstaff Small Crystal no longer conflict.
    Looks at his shield with both of those crystals in it and wonders if this was a recent problem.

All in all, sounds quite interesting.

TryAgain, it doesn't automatically remove your formulas. But it does remove the NEED for the lower tier formulae.

kengar,in some cases the effects did conflict and not both apply. But not always. *shrug*

- Amon

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

ahh so then... Amon

We should probably just delete them ourselves. Very nice.

I assume though this does not work If you have the expert version ? That was one nagging question. But even doing this with just Jman and Beginner forms is very nice.

Best way is to simply logon to Blight and either try it or ask others on there about it. They'll be more than happy to answer your questions. I have not personally tried it.

- Amon

Somehow I missed the inclusion of lower tier items on higher tier formulas.That's really appreciated.

It's almost as exciting as the stackable scarab bits, which I had also missed until Durand mentioned it. [;)]
    ____Kulamata Quality Armor___
    None Genuine without this Pawprint `',''

Achiever 86%, Explorer 60%, Socializer 46%, Killer 6%.

Updates/Fixes:[*]Formulae now contain all previous tiers of their products. For instance, a Journeyman formula can now be used to make Beginner tiers of its item(s).
    nice change but please dont change the expert formulars to include all previous tier. it would destroy the formular market and the behavior to collect all. if you miss one formular you do everything to gain it (hunt/trade/chat...) but if you scribed all expert forms you dont need to do so

i would love the feature to unite the formulars

for example if you have scribed beginner X and Expert X then you have 1 formular able to craft beginner and Expert but not journeyman. but if you later gain the journeyman version you scribe it and now your gained all 3 slots of this formular with only one formular entry.

but the automatically gain of all previous tiers is not so good in my eyes

At the moment you can scribe expert you are able to quest some hundread tokens in less than an hour. Then you buy all forms at trainer anyway. Why to keep looking for the form at consigner/market if you can get it at trainer in a second? So no change on form market anyway.

And i realy love this change :)))
    Enisha Dryad 190/234 Caster (retired)
    Enix Dryad 165/100 Heavy Melee (retired)
    Enigma Dragon 100/92 Helian (retired)

Unity

baldarou

I confirmed that expert forms on blight list all previous tiers of that item. Not all yet, but most do. Seems dragon scales are a bit odd. All in all, a wonderful change. I wonder if expert TC can make previous tiers :)Or even jman xgen hehe.

Aye, I can confirm that the formula change does work on Blight. My expert forms contain expert products as well as jman and beginner ones. The only bug I know of is that it has teching messed up right now; people were complaining about not being able to put more than 1 tech on jman/expert items. Probably because the form is treated as a beginner form by the teching part of the craft engine.

It will not remove the need to obtain beginner/jman forms, as people will still need them to advance, and not everyone is going to wait until Expert to make stuff for themselves and others.

Erus Ex Universitas -- Erus Ex Istaria Guild Home

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is not complete. -- 3. Start something new.

Quote Originally Posted by Eni
    At the moment you can scribe expert you are able to quest some hundread tokens in less than an hour. Then you buy all forms at trainer anyway. Why to keep looking for the form at consigner/market if you can get it at trainer in a second? So no change on form market anyway.
    hmm i never quested for tokens so i cant confirm this :-)

then see it as needed time sink if you would have to get all formulars ^^

I Remember that the numer of techniques is set by the formular itself, not by the product. That means they will have do make a technical change on the server and the client as well. Its not just a designchange, as far as i interpret the clients netlog.

This change maybe delayed for a while then.
    Cerjar de Viejalcazaba - Paladin
    Rahskha - Ranger
    Farandor - Ancient Helian Dragon

...Realm of Unity...

Thread Information