Thread: Hmm...Guild or not to guild!

Default Hmm...Guild or not to guild!

From what i've been told, many people on the order shard like to play with the Floating names turned off for RP reasons. I am one of those people. I was just wondering why when you target a person, it does not display guild info in the target box. Seems like it would be an interesting addition! *pokes the devs* That way i don't have to /who everyone when i want to see what guild they are in without having to turn the names back on...

Or if there is someway TO do it without /who i'd like to know o.o
    -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=-
    100/100 Dragon
    Following the Path of Lunus
    Journeyman Lairshaper
    -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=-

Default Re: Hmm...Guild or not to guild!

If you don't have their names displayed for RP reasons, wouldn't it be logical to engage in RP and ask them?
    Truth is absolution - Killswitch Engage
    Gusi: 100 lvls of ELAR deleted and crafting forte.
    Aquzon: 0/100 Draconic Crafter achieved in under 100 hours gameplay.
    Yuthakon: 31 Berserker and aspiring Constructor.
    Proud member of Strata on Order Realm

I would, assuming i had the time to stop and talk to everyone i passed. Or if they had the time to stop and carry on a conversation with me. Most people are just on a fly by to a portal or some other location and don't exactly have time to stop and RP a simple question!
    -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=-
    100/100 Dragon
    Journeyman Lairshaper
    -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=-

Definately one thing I miss in this game is a right click concider... I know there is no real need given you can target the person and instantly know their name, HPs, current adventure school, and level/rating but I would really like something added to the right click menu when clicking on a PC where you can select "Details" and it would bring up a box on the spot just on that particular person with further info like their guild name, current craft school, and craft level/rating.

Maybe there could even be a flavor text box the player themself can put in something about themselves or a cool saying they like, or even list further the other schools they have so when another player "Details" them they will see what they wrote.

Something sorta like this:

I know there is the Search window for this sort of information but just being able to right click on a player and get this info is a lot less intrusive or cumbersome when the player is standing right in front of you. Plus I really like the idea of having personalized flavor text which is the one thing I miss the most about right click concider of player characters.

That would be VERY nice. Though i doubt the Devs would have time to work out a system like that with the busy plate they have now...sadly. I wish there was someway to "customize" your character like that. A quote says alot about a person before you even speak to them. Plus it would be nice tobe able to tell that persons other classes in case you need something made and that particular class happens to be missing from the playerbase at that moment
    -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=-
    100/100 Dragon
    Journeyman Lairshaper
    -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=-

i would love it if they gotNO floating name, guild name, HP, school, rating or any of that stuff. i rather just click on the person and only get a name and health bar shown.

I have a pair of custom hotkeys. One turns names off, one turns them on. So I can run around all I like without seeing them, but one button clicks and there they are. That will help you with the wanting to know a guild name issue, or finding your group mates in a crowd.

Alas, I cannot remember the exact command. No need to, with it hotkeyed *grins*. It's something like /setpref displaynames true (and false).

-Levity Merrel

Thread Information