Thread: feedback on New Trismus spawn rates and such

mbaucco

Default feedback on New Trismus spawn rates and such

Hello,

I got to play for quite a while last night, here are a few things I noticed:

1) small sand beetle aggro is fun but I think the spawn rate needs to tweaked a bit. I ended up fighting an endless battle because the beetles were respawning and attacking faster than I could kill them. I like the aggro though, it is more exciting that way, just have the beetles spawn a bit slower.

2) Why is there a level 15 skeleton wandering amongst the level 5-7 monsters ( spider hatchlings and small beetles)? Seems a bit too much, as that is where the lowbie players like myself will be fighting, and I had no chance at all against that thing.

3) New loot tables rock! I really like that more useful and fun stuff drops. However, the small beetle carapace says it is used for techniques and does not list which ones it can be used for, and both beetle types drop sand, which is useless and can't be sold or consigned. Not so nice for adventurers who aren't glassmakers. Maybe allow sand to be consigned but not pawned?

4) Road bonus needs to be a touch more forgiving, I was having to steer very carefully to keep it.

New Trismus is much improved!

Thanks,
    Matt

Default Re: feedback on New Trismus spawn rates and such

I'm sure Sand can be consigned but why would anyone want to bother? Someone with a bucket and quarrying skill can get sand NP from any sand pile in most towns.

Unfortunately I think this is just a drop we're going to have to live with as 1) it makes sense for a Sand type mob to drop sand and 2) sand has no worth. It's the same for Water Golems, water has no worth, can be gotten anywhere with a bucket and foraging skill, and it makes sense you'd get water from a Water Golem.

mbaucco

I don't mind it much, to be honest, just thought it odd. :) I am new so I did not know you could just go fill a bucket, I thought maybe the only way to get sand was to kill beetles :P

-Matt

Quote Originally Posted by mbaucco
    I don't mind it much, to be honest, just thought it odd. [img]/Web/emoticons/emotion-1.gif[/img] I am new so I did not know you could just go fill a bucket, I thought maybe the only way to get sand was to kill beetles [img]/Web/emoticons/emotion-4.gif[/img]
    Oh god, someone delete this post before they get any ideas! [:P]

"Lookie! Our new Sand Wisps and Water Wisps! You don't need wells or sandpiles anymore!" [:#][H]

Erus Ex Universitas -- Erus Ex Istaria Guild Home

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is not complete. -- 3. Start something new.

Thread Information