Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: A LIST OF THINGS TO SAVE THE GAME!!! CUSTOMERSERVICE READ THIS!!

Thug

Default Re: A LIST OF THINGS TO SAVE THE GAME!!! CUSTOMERSERVICE READ THIS!!

I missed the beating a dead horse emoticon! That's awesome!

I meant I proved my point about the fact that someone wanted to flame the person that initially posted.

People need to be more open to change. This is, afterall, Tulga's game. Not ours.

If any of you think, for even a second, that they'll hesitate to install a facet of the game which would attract more players.. even if they were ALL NEW players (and lost their current fan-base).. then I'm sorry but you haven't read much about the company and the problems they've had with this game and their asset reorg, etc.

The bottom line is.. this is a corporation. It was made for ONE thing. To make money. If someone makes a suggestion that will further that goal by creating a theme or branch of the game to attract new players.. I'm sure they'll jump on it regardless of how many people flame them about it.

So.. throwing unconstructive negativity into the mix isn't helpful to say the least. If you want to truly fight a new idea.. do it in a way that would show a negative impact to the GOAL of the company.

To make money.

:D

Just realised this still said Ice....oopsie

I know what you are saying...but without the current playerbase most newbs would not have weapons, spells, scales, armour, tools, field machines, or a full idea of how to play the game. The game does need new players, but it also needs to keep as much of the current player base as possible.
    Give Unity the support it deserves!

Personally instead of making HZ into PvP, which makes no sense in the context of the game world. They should instead give us an E for our PvE. Withered Aegis?! A myth, an old wives tale, a spectre, the boogy man. Do not Exist. Its about time they added some.
    PersonalJustice the Demon Slayer - Chaos

Master Crafter: 1900 Levels

WTB Undead Legions. Paying $12.95/month

Thanks Kumu! Now where do I get that emoticon . . . . ?
    Before you criticize anyone, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticize him, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have his shoes.

Thug, most of the stuff this guy is promoting isn't new, innovative, fresh, or otherwise. It's old hat. So old hat it has eons on the Sorting Hat. I've been reading the same "OMG IF YOU WANT TO SAVE HZ YOU MUST DO THESE THINGS OR IT'S GOING TO DIE BECAUSE I SAY SO AND HERE IS MY PROOF WITH MY MADE UP FIGURES AND PERCENTAGES!" drivel from people since beta III and it hasn't gotten anymore innovative or fresh.

And yes, I am a bit jaded toward people who continually insist on coming into the game/boards new, experiencing very little or nothing at all of what the game is actually about then deciding they have to 'tell it on the mountain' about how they know exactly what this game needs to be "saved."

I am much more likely to listen to someone who has been playing the game and posting on the boards for a long time than I am someone who makes one of their first posts a 'here I am, your almighty savior, come to save you form yourselves and make this a carbon copy game to make it better because I'm 28 and I know what I'm talking about.' I'm also much more likely to listen to someone who comes to the boards for the first time after having fully understood and played HZ and making an intellegent, non-omniscient post concerning improvements and suggestions they would like to see discussed and concidered for the game.

It really isn't that hard but I have accepted that we're going to get posts like this from time to time from these types of people. I don't like it, and I'll willingly voice that dislike as will many others but I've accepted it nonetheless.

random pvp would be the death to HZ

Arenas and duels would be nice

i like the idea of 1 slot per account to play a WA Monster, with no multiclassing and limited travel abilities (to not allow noob bashing)

I respect your(the original poster)intention to save HZ.
    I respect your point of view, I disagree strongly though.

However, this made me fall of my chair laughing:
    SOE pioneered the mmorpg with Everquest,
    BWAHAHAHAHA
    Get the map pack here - Get the REAL ancient models here!
    Get White Teeth and Claws for your Dragon here!

100/100 Ancient Dragon, member of the first group of 8 to ascend to ancient on Unity.
    This sig was designed for Firefox (stupid IE still can't handle png )
    www.AncientOrder.org

This is my opinion on what comes with PVP if it's added:

Increased amount of powerleveling. This is already something quite a few are having issues with. PvP would make this unbearable.

Increased flaming, harassment, and trashtalk. As far as i have seen, everything stays pretty peaceful in the community. Alot don't want something like this destroying what we have worked on since release. last thing we want to see is "stfu newb or fight me" or being attacked while we are fighting a group of mobs for our hunting grounds.

Increased ebay usage. Almost every game out there that has PvP has a ton of stuff being sold on ebay. High level characters are one of the top selling items. Once again, this is not something this community wants or needs.

This isn't my first MMO either. I have played several that have PvP. I didn't like it on them, and don't want it in Hz.
    Laneth Drethor
    Semper Fidelis (Chaos)
    100 Paladin
    100 Mason/100 Blacksmith (and various others)
    "Eleena the Fiesty's Pali Pet"

Thug

Yep, PvP suxors!

They need to create a shard just for PvP if people want it. I.E. no character copying, a NEW shard from scratch. Let them go play in their own area. If they like being killed over and over, why shouldn't they have that option?

To me, having PvP is just a way for a socially challenged kid (or person that has the mentality of a child) to "prove" something to other people by destroying their hard work in the form of a character. And then getting something out of taunting them afterwards.

For those of you going "oh no, that's not me.. I want PvP just to have fun".

Here's a GREAT way to have PvP on a regular shard.

1st tard: Here are MY stats, I'm cool!

2nd tard: Here are MY stats! I'm better than YOUUU! Ha ha.. oh my mom is calling me to take out the trash or I'm grounded and I just stared 3rd grade so I better go.

;)

NO PVP!! That is why I came here and STAY here. I hate PVP. And I'm not a 13 year old either. I'm a 34 yr old mom of 2 and I LOVE THIS GAME. Yes, it needs some improvements. But PVP would kill it.

There have been suggestions of arena PVP. That would be okay because I would AVOID THOSE PLACES!!

If you want PVP and are so unhappy with the game that you think that is the only thing that will "save" it, maybe you should try another game.

As for me, I'm going to go back to BUILDLING MY PLAYER TOWN NOW.

Hmmm, Meridian59 goes online in 1996 or 1997.... Long before EQ. And its still online, or better again.;-)
    If you want PvP go to this game, you want find a better PvP system. But in Hz most people dont want it.
    Kharuum / Caramia Unity
    Whenever an Optimist sees a ligth which isnt really there, there allways is an pesimist who blows it out.
    Giovanni Guareschi

Quote Originally Posted by Kumu Honua
    Dang, Kumu, that is totally awesome.

Kudos!
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

Charlson

PvP would be awesome but I doubt the current population of the servers (as you can see in these posts) would like it much...

1 if you impliment PVP in this game a large percentage of players will quit.
    2 PVP tends to appeal to the lowest level/kind of player the "uber leetest" that want to take/aquire something someone has worked hard to aquire especially the rare and or unusual items.
    3 Lots of the issues that give a reason to wanting a pvp match are
    a. Politics
    b.Theft
    c. Ill will
    d. Lording /Bragging rites

I will not support PVP in any form on any HZ server its usless and can generate a lot of ill will.
    The few mmorgs i have played i have seen many players sink to as low as you can go because it was easier then dong /getting it them selves that would make all crafters grind to a halt in this game and quit crafting
    I am neither a youth nor Dummy i have played computer game for many years I work on and repair computers and do minor programming In my humble opinion PVP brings out the Worst in even the best of players. Leave this old horse(pvp) lie where it is in the rubbish heap.

Given enough time and the proper temperament anything doable in game is possible
    Confectioner first last and always

the population of HZ don't represent even 1% of gamers out there. so yeah they know what they're talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Phillip

the population of HZ don't represent even 1% of gamers out there. so yeah they know what they're talking about.
    Do you count yourself as part of the population?

The population of Horizons represent 100% of those playing THIS game. It's what they want that is important to this game surviving. The obviously DON'T want PvP. They want what they like in this game improved, not changed to look like something else.
    As a new dawn rises over Istaria, may we all band together to meet the challenges!

Continuing Development of Horizons... SWEET!

I have seen no post from this person since this one. Obviuosly just to stir things up.

Jayne

[:|]

how profound.

I've removed a post that was antagonistic and taking things off-topic, please keep to the original subject material and remember to be respectful to your fellow posters [:)]

Thread Information