Thread: How about a new "afk stance"? (flavor addition)

Claws

Default How about a new "afk stance"? (flavor addition)

"afk stance" for lag of a better name
    I know emotes are a short temporary character animation. But "sit" is kind of like a permanent emote until you move again.
    What I would like to have is a "guard stance" that works like a "sit command", no benefits like faster healing necessary but suggested below.
    example: I am a spearman, with a nice round shield. (thanks soo much!) Now if I stand somewhere (=afk) my spear points downward and bobs up and down a bit.
    Imagine I could just press the hotkey "guard" and my toon would raise his spear (or any other weapon, but works best with spears I guess) upright until otherwise instructed. I would probably leave my toon at a guild buildingor portal "guarding" most of the time when afk. (->at the steps of a vault for example)
    Imho that would really add quite a bit of flavor to the gaming experience for passers-by.
    Similar selectable "stances" for non-spearwearers might be added too, just haven't thought that far yet. :)

Possible benefits from "afk stance"
    defense bonus of +x% armor while unmoving, useful for emergency AFKs in the wild
    alacrity bonus of x% for x seconds after moving again (a "rested" effect depending on how long you didn't move)
    on same topic but a bit far fetched:
    Why not make "guards" buildable like the fall harvest skeletons? Not entire guard posts but just the guards. Maybe with customization options, like armor color or weapon choice.
    ok ok I am getting a bit too far away from reality here... :D

Default Re: How about a new "afk stance"? (flavor addition)

*pictures an array of players in "Guard Stance" lined up on the shores of Elnath*

I like the idea though! ;)
    Truth is absolution - Killswitch Engage
    Gusi: 100 lvls of ELAR deleted and crafting forte.
    Aquzon: 0/100 Draconic Crafter achieved in under 100 hours gameplay.
    Yuthakon: 31 Berserker and aspiring Constructor.
    Proud member of Strata on Order Realm

Very nice, perhaps with the two handed weapons the player could lean on them like they were resting, in "Resting stance"
    Somewhere between the Sacred Silence and Sleep there is Order -System of a Down
    Let's have a war, clean out this place - A Perfect Circle

I like it.
    Twelvebagger
    12x100. <-- I did monk!
    Twelvebagger's Mistress (pinkie!)
    Redo the loot tables and bring on the undead hordes! (*Hands Beer to NimK)

I like the idea of a visual indicator to suggest someone is afk. The guard stance could also be good as well.
    Zodias of Order
    Sprit Disciple Quilt, Miner

Monk Issue List

I concur.

* "I concur" is TM &amp; Copyright 2005, Helcat Worldwide Enterprises. All Rights Reserved.
    Got Cowbell?

So long as this wouldn't replace the normal /afk command I'm all for it! Cuz some people like to put up that they are afk and not really be afk to avoid tells at any given ultra-busy moment (guild meetings and that sort of thing) while they still craft or what not.

for dragons I would Like to see us in a Snooze pose. Mabye on are back little z's floating over are muzzle with feet in the air

heres an example of what im talking about
    IMG(Artist unkown)

Thread Information