Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Woooot!!!!! Pondering RoP path while Dragon Questing!

EyeJon Toothas

Default Re: Woooot!!!!!

Jaraiden and Snar-goth,

Thanks for all the great information. I decided over this past weekendI willfollow the path of Lunus. It is firmly planted in my memory being called a pet by a bi-ped! This one WILLNEVER be anyones' pet.

As Lunus I will have those veryselect fewbi-peds that I will associate with. They have shown themselves to be of great character and have the heart of a Dragon!

ooc: I am refining my rp of a Dragon. I am sure I will offend some but I was very offended one day, after logging in, and joining my former guilds group. A member said it was nice that the guild allows members to let their pets in. I summarily resigned all my toons from the guild and started my own.

Quote Originally Posted by EyeJon Toothas
    I decided over this past weekendI willfollow the path of Lunus. It is firmly planted in my memory being called a pet by a bi-ped! This one WILLNEVER be anyones' pet.
    ...I am refining my rp of a Dragon. I am sure I will offend some but I was very offended one day ... A member said it was nice that the guild allows members to let their pets in. I summarily resigned...
    I am glad I could help; enjoyment of one's time spent in game should direct thier choice of factions. [:)]
    *steps into RP mode* Of course the Helian in me is trying to estimate how many "Tail Whips' it would take to knock the Lunus out of you...put some sense back in[:P].
    *Chuckles* The irony of it all...your choice of factions was motivated by the memory a racial slurand was focused by a Helian's objective description of the 2 factionsand yet youdecided to join those vile, Gnome-nibbling, Dwarf-punting,racist slave-mongers [ Lunus ][:O] instead of the tolerant, helpfull, kind hearted, community orriented, awe inspireingHelians. [H] Not that I have an opinion one way or the other on the subject [;)] *coughs*
    The point of all that [ other than that Helian > Lunus ] is this is an RP game with plenty of lore based RP reasons to hate each other as well as some popular player madeones. For the most part it is all meant in fun and best to never take it personal. It is rarely meant as such. If I had asilver for every time a dragon told my gnome how tasty he looks I would be the richest soul in Istaria.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaraiden
    That may be true. But a phylactory's purpose is to capture Kaa/Lem and Shadow Dragon/Selenia's life energies to empower a hatchling to become an adult. What is the RP for adult dragons to have one? If an adult dragon uses one, it's an exploit to me as it it not intended for adult dragons to have and use one.
    >> So I can help future generations of Helianby killing Kaa.Helian's Kaa quest is the hardest part of either RoP.
    LOL, I can make up many RP reasons, but RP has no relevance as to whether or not this is an exploit or a gameviolation. There is no lore as to why healers can use xbow, yet they can.Your claim to the intent being limited to hatchling RoP is possible, but is not said anywhere in game or by AE at any time.Personally I hesitate to claim the intent ( never stated ) of a dev ( I never met ) on an item developed close to a year ago. Don't let that stop you, speculate away. I prefer to use facts.
    Adult and hatchlingdonot list asthe same classand the pylactory could have been set todragon hatchling class; yet it is set the race dragon rather than a class.
    Since the 4 boss mobs are worth less xp their bodyguards and have lousy loot; I fail to match the definition of exploiting which requires one to profit from the action.
    Only an employee of AE can call it a game violation and therefor pointless for us to argue. Feel free to let one know. Obviously if I were conerned I would have not have posted about it on thier forum.

Well then I aplogize for my lack of understanding of how this can be done. I just know my Helian phylactery became a Phylactery of the Heavens when it was charged then expended on the Peak of Storms.

Yes, such is good to have to help fellow dragons. I applaud your creativity in completing the quests (withoutdeleting portions of them as a player) and keeping the one phylactery on your dragon (without stashing it in anothercharacter's vault). Good idea tosubmit a Support ticket on it and see their response.
    Jaraiden -- Adult dragon, life mate of Shadowwalker, bonded 7/31/04 (Dawn --> Order)
    Adult 73/82 | hatchling 56/65 (70.8 days) [3/9/04 to 3/4/05, 4/12/06 to 4/13/07, Current]

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is incomplete. -- 3. Add to complement lore.

I remember the first month or two after release. I don't recall dragons being particularly happy with their lot. Quite the opposite. Everyone was grumbling about hoard decay, saying dragons weren't finished (everyone was a hatchling back then and people liked to say that dragons would never fly), and that we didn't do nearly the damage of a reaver.

Even in beta when dragons had classes I don't remember them being happy. Even then I remember dragons complaining about not being as powerful as comparable bipeds. Go figure.

Meanwhile, nowadays we fly, we're big, we have cool things like gold rage, and the AROP and lairs will be making their appearance soon. Sure lairs just put us on par with bipeds but it'll still be nice to have them anyway.

Cynical

Default Re: Woooot!!!!! Pondering RoP path while Dragon Questing!

Congrats Again Shadowon,

I look forward to romping and ravaging the towns once again with you for as long as I remain physically within the plain. Unfortunately it is looking more and more like I will allow my spiritual self to travel other worlds while my physical form enters eternal slumber.

Once again,congratulations on your accomplishments.

Regards,

Cyn

Manga

After reviewing the thread, there doesn?t seem to be any exploiting happening. It is intended for the phylactery to be used on the mobs for the RoP once, and then to be changed into the Phylactery of Heavens. With the amount of bugs that have occurred with the RoP, and the spirit of the use of the phylactery by the adults in assisting younger dragons through the RoP, this hard merits a right-click use restriction of Dragon Juvenile on the Phylactery at this time. However, we will be monitoring the situation for any changes.

-Manga

saphire here,
    hello my scaled brothers and sisters i have finnily gotten my rop and i need a little help i need to get my tranmutaion upto 300 i have only 96 more points to go.
    im lelv 31 adventure and 20 craft i have hoped that this day would come soon and my hard work has paid off.

if you want to help send me a tell i am saphire of lunus on the order shard.

ps thanks for my friends i have trained with may you hunt well and craft lots.

[Y]
    100/96/21 32.2 mill hoard Killer 87% socializer 47% explorer 40% achiever 40%

woot im done with my rop im able to fly yay ^.^ [H]
    100/96/21 32.2 mill hoard Killer 87% socializer 47% explorer 40% achiever 40%

Thread Information