Thread: Delete command Please

Default Delete command Please

Please add a "delete" command so that we can hotkey deletion of bonus resources.

It's not so bad when you only get 1 kind...like say admantium when mining mithril.

BUT WHEN YOU ARE DOING GEMS....5 different bonus resources that need to be deleted on an ongoing basis? This is nothing but an annoyance.

Either please add a delete command /itemID that can be hotkeyed OR remove bonus resources OR allow a player switch that enables the player to deny different tier/material bonus resources from being placed into inventory.

TYVM.

Default Re: Delete command Please

yes please - would prefer an option "allow / disallow bonus resources whilst harvesting" .. but at least make getting rid of these (so called) bonus resources easier.

They are only a bonus if I can use them or want them - otherwise they are a pain in the #@$.

Then I want an inverse one so when I mine blighted sandstone looking for essence of blight, I don't get that blighted sandstone in my backpack!

/delete item# hotkeyable sounds better and better...

devs?

/delete Zodias
    Truth is absolution - Killswitch Engage
    Gusi: 100 lvls of ELAR deleted and crafting forte.
    Aquzon: 0/100 Draconic Crafter achieved in under 100 hours gameplay.
    Yuthakon: 31 Berserker and aspiring Constructor.
    Proud member of Strata on Order Realm

The fundamental psychology of requiring players to pay close attention to an utterly boring and repetitive function is the fundamental problem. The required attention simply makes the repetitive nature even more apparent.

Anything that relaxes that requirement, such as the delete, or screen functions (which I think is a better idea) would help.
    ____Kulamata Quality Armor___
    None Genuine without this Pawprint `',''

Achiever 86%, Explorer 60%, Socializer 46%, Killer 6%.

yes, this idea has also occurred to me while grinding gems...

/suppressbonus

I second that motion. Disallow resource gathering over bulk limit option would be a great stress-reliever for crafters.

Dragon adventurer 100 | Dragon crafter 100 | Dragon lairshaper 84

Quote Originally Posted by Alladania
    Then I want an inverse one so when I mine blighted sandstone looking for essence of blight, I don't get that blighted sandstone in my backpack!
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^Gets my vote!
    -Digit Dryad
    Chaos

It's an old suggestion, along with getting rid of overburdening while harvesting.

Someday, maybe. I'm for both! [Y]
    Erus Ex Universitas -- Erus Ex Istaria Guild Home

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is not complete. -- 3. Start something new.

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

I prefer to get overburdened while harvesting. Often times, that little amount of overburden adds up to an extra set of processed materials that add up to that extra construction unit here or there that just finishes the project I'm working on.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

I agree with C'gan. It's rather satisfying to stagger up to the machine, well-loaded with goodies, and fill the disk that much more. If I'm moving too slowly, each unit deleted gets me about 10% more speed. Also, sometimes the overburden comes from the last whack at a node, and that helps me be a polite gatherer who does not leave mostly depleted nodes scattered about.

Furthermore, I have been known to deliberately make enough units to slow myself down but that lets me carry one more unit than I might have. Of course, that was when they grew in bulk, so it might be moot now.

I have no objection to others toggling it to cut off when exactly full, but I would prefer to keep the overburden system. I also like bonus resources. My cobalt silo has a few hundred bars in it and most of those came from extra stuff gathered while making iron sheets for community projects.

-Levity Merrel

I would indeed love to see a (temp.) black list in which you can add "banned" resources and thus will never be allowed inside your inventory.
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

Quote Originally Posted by C`gan
    I prefer to get overburdened while harvesting. Often times, that little amount of overburden adds up to an extra set of processed materials that add up to that extra construction unit here or there that just finishes the project I'm working on.
    Likewise.. It's when I get overburdened to the point where I cannot move anymore is when it gets a huge pain (this happens very often if you're gathering at max efficiency).
    Truth is absolution - Killswitch Engage
    Gusi: 100 lvls of ELAR deleted and crafting forte.
    Aquzon: 0/100 Draconic Crafter achieved in under 100 hours gameplay.
    Yuthakon: 31 Berserker and aspiring Constructor.
    Proud member of Strata on Order Realm

Quote Originally Posted by BKBanzai
    Please add a "delete" command so that we can hotkey deletion of bonus resources.

It's not so bad when you only get 1 kind...like say admantium when mining mithril.

BUT WHEN YOU ARE DOING GEMS....5 different bonus resources that need to be deleted on an ongoing basis? This is nothing but an annoyance.

Either please add a delete command /itemID that can be hotkeyed OR remove bonus resources OR allow a player switch that enables the player to deny different tier/material bonus resources from being placed into inventory.

TYVM.
    Great idea, or as others have suggested a toggle to allow or disallow "bonus" resources. Similarly allow or disallow overburden.

/bonusresource (could toggle bonus resources on and off)
    /overburden (could toggle whether you allow overburdening or auto destroy items)
    Fleshrend - Chaos Server
    94 Cleric 12 Warrior 10 monk 8 mage
    100 Blacksmith 100 Mason 91 tinkerer 100 Carpenter 100 Fitter 80 Scholar 73 spellcrafter 41 gatherer 49 Miner

Hmm I would rather be able to configure it

Perhaps
    /invfilter bonus resource would block all bonus resources
    /invfilter uncut periodot would block uncut peridot

So if an EoB harvester wanted they could do /invfilter Blighted Sandstone and only get EoB.

Perhaps some meta names could be put in place as well to save time
    eg NextTier so typing /invfilter NextTier would block all next tier resources

You could have multiple filters at once, and in the future an interface would be sexy. If it applied to loot as well that would be great /invfilter yew sap or for the whiners /invfilter hoard

Bonus resources are a pain when digging.

Zodias of Order
    Sprit Disciple Quilt, Miner

Monk Issue List

I'd be happy with just a text command that could be hotkeyable, delete resourceID#, and allow the user to add whatever to the list as desired.

My ideal method would be thus: a setting in the Options that allows you to choose the default between "Harvest All", "Harvest Primary Only", and "Harvest Bonus Only". Then give the same three options as a context pop-up on right-clicking nodes. If selected directly from the node, the option will be used for that node only. When simply hotkeying it (Backspace or whichever), it will use the default from the Options. A little more friendly than text commands, though they could be added as a supplement as well.

Killing mass quantities of flame/fire wolves and the hides are building up quickly. Please give us a /delete ITEMID player_command that we can hotkey, please.

Thread Information