Thread: ******** right

Default ******** right

******** right we are formidable opponents...Zerkers..pah, pah...

Shaw el Shadai Moking
    'Coming at ya...like a spring!'

Elkandriel

Default Re: ******** right

yea many classes are maybe better than reavers now. Damage shields and dwarven berserkers rule over all.With bit of multiclassing reavers come playable though.

only just playable...harhar...must be using it wrong.
    Reavers are far more flexible than Zerkers...and only improve with time.

Shaw el Shadai Moking

Felinor

Indeed reavers are powerful. I got reaver to 100 AND beserker to 100 and WOOT! It's yummy. Taking cleric and mage to 100 now for delicious heals and mage power/magic evasion for some harder hitting lifetaps.

Got 100 Druid to back up my 100 Reaver, now doing 100 Zerker to top it off :)

Can;t wait until i finish the Zerker part...although quite fun, I just miss my reaver etc.

Shaw el Shadai Moking

Flachette

I was gonna save it but i will be finishing off my last reaver level today [:D][:D]

lol..aye, that is the bad thing about hitting 100...no reason to play that class anymore, except for fun...I might drop all my Reaver lvls and start again :p

Grats in advance, btw

Shaw el Shadai Moking

Quote Originally Posted by Felinor
    mage power/magic evasion for some harder hitting lifetaps.
    I just found out that the spiritist line gets 80% bonus from focus and 20% from power. Granted mages get good focus as well, but just wanted to keep you from teching your equipment as incorrectly as I did.

Sajid,
    Lone Lizard of the Apocalypse

Champions of Honor

Nords

Reavers... bleh... [;)]

Quote Originally Posted by Nords
    Reavers... bleh... [img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-5.gif[/img]
    lol..hey get out of here! ******** zerkers...sneaking in,,,

Shaw el Shadai Moking

Felinor

Quote Originally Posted by Sajid
    [img]/Web/Themes/default/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Felinor wrote: mage power/magic evasion for some harder hitting lifetaps.

I just found out that the spiritist line gets 80% bonus from focus and 20% from power. Granted mages get good focus as well, but just wanted to keep you from teching your equipment as incorrectly as I did.
    No way can focus add to the dmg of a spirit spell more than power. That just makes no sense my freind :) Focus deals primarily with heals and chance to hit with/avoid magic. Power is dmg. Where did you hear this from? I'm always willing to be proven wrong, but since getting mage this high I have noticed my spirit damage increase by a good 40%.

Felinor,

I am not trying to prove wrong or right, but here is what I read.

Here is one of the publications with a link.

SkillFocusPower Dexterity Strength
    Spirit80%0%10%10%

http://www.rpgexpert.com/1563.html

Now there are othe links that show similiar but not necessarily identical information. For example that link above was the first I have seen of Dex/Str adding to spirit vs Power. Antother site showed 80% Focus and 20% Power.

[Smeglor: Damage: Weapon/Spell damage + Strength/Power * Attack Delay + Attack Skill * Attack Delay - Target's Armor * Attack Delay
    All the modifications are divided by values that I'm not going to reveal at this time, but as stated originally, Strength/Power is 50% more valued than Skill, and Armor is slightly more valued than Strength/Power. ]

This was a nice post, and I am glad it survived the Tazoon crash. Here it states pretty much what we both knew, but lends favor to your analysis. If focus only adds 80% to skill then

Assuming the skill and delay to be constants in the formula below, the output does not indicate damage, just comparison:
    Reaver = (Skill+480)/delay + 600/delay = 1080
    Mage MultiMod= (Skill+560)/delay + 1000/delay = 1560
    HealerMulti Mod= (Skill+800/delay + 600/delay = 1400

Therefore, mage does add more damage then healer because power is slightly better than focus in regards to spirit damage specifically.

<edit>
    Now the mods/divided by unspecified values can seriously impact that assessment. Additionally, something strange happened yesterday. I was fighting Fyakki and the spirit bolt and ethereal leech/paroxcauses damage even after the "hardened shell" pops, however the theft of life did zero damage. Interesting... therefore adding a dispell/expluse or rust to other mobsto the chain adds some damage/life transfer.
    <edit>

http://community.istaria.com/Web/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2105

So, hope that explains my madness and I apologize tough guy
    Sajid,

Champions of Honor

lets sum it up
    smeglor stated: power is 50% more effective than skill (damagewise)
    10 power add to damage like 15 skillpoints
    10 points of focus give 0,8 skillpoints, as 10 points give +1 with 100% contributing to skill (80% in this case)

so you can have 10,8 skillpoints and 10 focus (focus does not add to damage)
    or 10 skillpoints and 10 power (power adds to damage, like 15 skill in this case)
    so with the power you woud get 25 skillpoints contributing to damage (not to chance to hit)
    with focus you get 10,8, but the focus would add to your chance to hit

to me it sounds like power is way better for damage dealing, but for actual upping your current spirit skill you want to boost your focus (or put tp's in it [:P])

edit: if power contribute for 20% to skill too then 10 power would get you 25,2 skillpionts to add to damage [:)]

Well you have to read Smeglor's post to understand the context of his statment regarding power.

There are two types of magic - power based and focus based

For power based magics - power is 50% better than skill

For focus based magics - power is 20% better than skill

Power magics = Nature (for example) 50% bonus from power, 50% bonus from focus

Focus magics = Spirit (for example) 80% bonus from focus, 20% bonus from power

Therefore, Felinor was right regarding power, and Sibbe (minus a context issue) was correct about spirit skill. However, using training points to increase skill is not recommended if your intent is damage and accuracy. You need base skill to scribe better spell tiers (hence techs - which are key). Power and skill seem the most logical assignments, but reavers are not euber casters. Hence keeping magic skill just what is required to scribe seems best - use the balance in strength/power.

Regardless, you need to invest training points inn spirit to cast T5 triple teched with T5, and getting mage power will jack that damage considerably.

So, adding 100 spiritist and mage levels will give you 1000 spirit, power and 900 focus

Not quite the damage a power based caster would get, but considering the life tap effect, it balances alright.
    Sajid,

Champions of Honor

hm, i have misread somewhere, felinor was talking about damage and you were about skill i guess, i thought you were both talking about damage [:)]

i am going to make a reaver too, is it wise to get base spirit skill in par with your level (or even higer)?

Reavers don;t get a great amount of Spirit points with each lvl.
    If in doubt, hit it with your axe.

Shaw el Shadai Moking

Felinor

Trying to keep your spirit skill equal to you lvl as a Reaver would cost an insane amount of TP's.

The Main Hall of Khazad-dum, fighting for freedom

Quote Originally Posted by Shaw Moking
    Reavers don;t get a great amount of Spirit points with each lvl.
    If in doubt, hit it with your axe.
    *hits Shaw with his axe*
    "Baruk Khazad! Khazad ai-menu!!"

Fhrain Fireheart
    Dwarven Berserker at Night, Paladin in the Day
    --Pain is Temporary, Glory is Eternal--

Harhar, that Foresight is ******** useful...hang on, where's my leg!

I am sure it plainly states in the rules, no Zerker's can come to the Reaver froum and dismember people posting here...

Shaw el Shadai Moking

The Main Hall of Khazad-dum, fighting for freedom

Wanna bet on that?[:P]
    "Baruk Khazad! Khazad ai-menu!!"

Fhrain Fireheart
    Dwarven Berserker at Night, Paladin in the Day
    --Pain is Temporary, Glory is Eternal--

Thread Information