Thread: Newbie Housing Question

Ravensong Fury

Default Newbie Housing Question

Hello,

Ive been playing the game for about 3 weeks now and had a question about the housing situation. I read one post that stated if there was a white flag on an empty plot that you may be able to get the lot for free or for a fee. On the character tab I see the little gold circle that denotes a plot marker so does this mean that once you get one plot this icon disappears and that is the only plot of land that you are able to get?

I know in another game I played that each player had so many lots and depending on what sizehouse you got, it took away pointsfrom your lots remaining. Is this game capped where one player can only obtain 1 plot of land?

I will logon tonight and see if I can figure the plots out tonight but if anyone has any good info and would like to post here that would be great or send me a message in game. I am playing on the Chaos server and the user name is the same as this forum. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Ravensong Fury

Default Re: Newbie Housing Question

Hi and Welcome to Horizons Ravensong!

I'll try to explain it all. [:)]

You get the ability to own 1 plot per acct. code (this commonly known as your CD code since Horizons was first made public via a boxed game set). This means you'll need to pick which shard you wish to own a plot on, Order, Chaos, or Blight (yes, you can have a plot on the test shard!) and you'll also need to decide which one of your characters becomes the plot owner.

Let's say you decide you'd like your plot to be on Chaos and with Ravensong as the owner.....

That little gold circle in the upper right of Ravensong's character tab/window is left over from last autumn. The shards had to be consolidated and so we had a huge plot auction on the new combined shards. The little gold circle indicated if you had a token from owning a plot from before the consolidation and how much it was worth during the huge plot auction. Those folk that didn't use their token in the auction got the designated worth refunded to them. The token system is not being used at this time.

So, as you wander, exploring the length & breadth of Istaria, you'll occasionally see a plot marker (they look like low tombstones) with a white flag. That mean that plot is up for sale and if you have the asking price, you can purchase it with Ravensong. The only BUT!... is that there are also towns that only guilds can own and only members of the guild that owns the main plot in those towns can purchase a plot in those towns. For example, only members of Azure Twilight can purchase the plots in Carmo on the Order shard. All these special towns are only on a few islands and you'll find gates to those islands in Bristugo. The gates to the guild towns are: Saritova, Guild, and Shepherds Island. On Shepherds Island only 3 towns are guild towns, Baker, Nana, and Gerard. The rest of the communities are open to all.

Click on the plot marker and you'll pull up a window that will give you more details and the ability to start the purchase.
    Some of the details you'll get are:
    • the present owner of plot and what the plot has on it;
      the purchase price of the plot; the type of plot it is... Residential, Commercial, &/or Industrial (most plots are a mix);
      Community Survey;
      and Plot Info.

TheBuy button, Community Survey button, & Plot Info button are all found at the bottom of the window.
    • If you click the Plot Info button it will give you a small window with the Plot ID number and the plot's coordinates.
      If you click on the Community Survey button it will give you a list of all the plots in the community that the plot you are interested in is in& details of; who owns which plot, if it is for sale, how large each plot is, and more.
      TheBuy button is of course the button you click if you wish to purchase that plot.

Now about Residential, Commercial, & Industrial.
    • Residential are such things like houses, guildhouses, trees, walls, walkways...
      Commercial are such things like Consigners, Pawnbrokers, Taverns, Vaults, Gambling Houses....
      Industrial are things such as machine shops and silos.
      And some of the old buildings fit in more than one of these catagories.

These designations are mainly important in the old player towns. In those towns you'll find that not all of the plots are listed RCI. Some are RC, some are RI, and some are just R or C.
    The newer plots are all RCI, but you do usually have to pay more for the same size are one of the old plots.

So, for what you want to build on your plot is only curtailed by the size of the structure/s to size of the plot and the RCI designation. And later if you wish to sell your plot to another player or back to the Empire, you can. [:)]

I hope this helps a little!!

Nellie Lovett/Ochre Tekton
    of Azure Twilight in Carmo on Order
    English doesn't borrow from other languages. English follows other languages down dark alleys, knocks them over & goes through their pockets for loose grammar. -=Paraphased from James Nicoll=- Unicorn's Lady's Dalliance

Ravensong Fury

Thank you that sums it up really well. Last night in game I traveled around looking at the different areas but so far have only found a few that are available and being new, it looks like I am going to have to save my coins lol. Thanks again for the info.

Nellie summed it up very well. I will add that once you own the plot, you can use the planning window to pick things to build on it, moving them around as you see fit. You (and only you) will be able to see them in finished form on your lot, essentially getting a 3D walkthrough. Once you click "Build" however, they turn into scaffolding and pretty much stay that way until you have applied enough construction units to the structure (which can take a long time and a lot of effort, but hey, you're building a house!).

If you sell your lot back to the community, you get 95% of the community value, and anything you've built on it vanishes. If you sell it to a player, you get whatever price you agree on (1 copper lots are likely those where people were just transferring title between alts or guildies or some such) and all the structures remain intact.

Also, vis a vis the Community Surveyor. Be very careful every time you click on it, especially when closing it, that your mouse arrow is in the upward left diagonal form. Otherwise the mouse cursor will "freeze" in something like the up-down window resizing form until you relog, and that is just plain annoying when trying to select items or lines on consigner lists etc.

-Levity Merrel

Thread Information