Thread: My Quest Idea to hash out with advice

Default My Quest Idea to hash out with advice

Hello

So my idea...

I will run a quest tournament the rules are simple you have two weeks to collect as much hoardable items as possible. I.E bells, Scepters things of this nature. There will be three ranks of the quest each with there own prizes.

Rank one (1 rated to 20 rated players)
    Rank two (21 rated to 40 rated players)
    Rank three (41 rated to 60 rated players)

I will collect the hoard and keep a list of Player entries and Hoard count. I will not allow a Rank one player to turn in any items that are to far beyond thier level meaning no Royal Scepters from a rated 5 player.

I will return the hoard at the end of the event or they may donate it so that I can run a Dragon event after the Bi Ped event is complete.

Players who enter the event at rating 10 and exceed rating 20 before the end of the two weeks will still be in the Rank one portion of the event.

I also have a prize list started that is very generous but will tweak it as I need to add more players to the event. I have most of the prizes in my vault or purse but if someone wants to donate a little I dont mind.

So if anyone has any idea's to improve this or just want to help me set it up and run it I would appreciate all the help I can get.

Also please excuse my english it seems like Im a math person and not a english person.
    Warsong
    Paladin/Healer

Don't cry because its over,Smile because it happend

Default Re: My Quest Idea to hash out with advice

Hmm, a point to ponder Warsong. Although it isa good idea you have what will prevent me from using my 100 Conjurer to mass farm low level hoardables and then pass them over to my level 10 Sorceror to turn in?

Just pointing out that perhaps you should make it a short duration contest. Set it for a Saturday or a Sunday and at least that way you will be able to monitor it more closely. However, that will still not stop someone from having a guildie pass them a pile of Hoardables just to win. Unless you ask them for their logs you will have no way of knowing if the items were gained honestly or not.
    Bori Grimbattle --->The Dwarf
    Sinistre Azazael---> The Fiend
    Adramaleck Flerious--->The Dragon

~Mystic Blades~
    ~Jambi,Order~

Bori

Thank you this is exactly what i need details advice. So your right a lower tier player could have a alt log in and mass kill lower level monsters. Or a guildy could do it for them. So logs would help but how would i get them im sure some players will be at a loss on how to send them to me. I wish I could use the honor system but im not that big of a fool. So anyone have any idea's i might use to solve this delima?
    Warsong
    Paladin/Healer

Not to rain on yer parade, but who's to say "they" won't edit their logs?

Yeh, it seems stupid.. But so is the concept of farming lower lvl mobs with a higher lvl char ;).
    Truth is absolution - Killswitch Engage
    Gusi: 100 lvls of ELAR deleted and crafting forte.
    Aquzon: 0/100 Draconic Crafter achieved in under 100 hours gameplay.
    Yuthakon: 31 Berserker and aspiring Constructor.
    Proud member of Strata on Order Realm

I'm just worried why someone would cheat its a game and not a major prize list to go through all that trouble. But for now i will just keep looking at idea's to make it more secure for all those involved. I could make it a no holds barred contest let them do what ever it takes to collect the hoard but that would be unfair to the new players who are in the lower ranks and that might not have a multiclassed power house to wreak havoc and let loose the dogs of war on poor defenseless Bronze golems.
    Warsong
    Paladin/Healer

Is there a way to tailor the prizes to the certain teirs that you are refering too? Have it only so that if they did decide to mass farm and such that the prize would outcome to fit their T1,2,3 char or what have you. This is to be a contest for coin and equipment to fit their fighting style. Most new players wouldn't get a chance to be fully equiped when they first start out or when they get higher up. Give these guys a chance to get fully teched armor, jewlery, weaponry and spells for their teir. Since these are in the lower 3 teirs the tech comps wouldn't cost that much to make the weapons and such.

Another question is would this be limited only to bipeds Warsong? Or can dragons participate as well for this event. Some new hatchlings would love to be fully decked out i can believe and since they can recieve the hoard they have given to you then this would be a win-win situation.
    Xerses 100 Dragon Adventurer / 100 Dragon Crafter
    28 million hoard and counting...
    Yamir Onimar 100 Warrior / 100 Cleric / 84 Druid / 37 Mage

Hoard drops so frequently that in two weeks even a low level character should be able to completely fill their inventory and their vault with hoard to spare.

How about if you make it a contest to collect one of each type hoard? First person (of the appropriate tier) to bring every type of bell, dagger, sword, shield, crown, bracelet, etc. wins each tier. Of course that requires that you have a list of each type. Someone must have that.

Thread Information