Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: Is it time for the Vielo to leave?

Default Re: Sir Aiden - Broker

I wouldn't use the NPC. I am assuming that Sir Aiden is part of the imperial Consigners and therefore searchable. That's the one I will be using.

Plus splitting comps between multiple, and unsearchable, consigners is part of what the problem we have right now.

A start to a solution is in place. I feel sorry for you who think that Sir Aiden is a poor idea. I think you are just arguing to argue at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazyfingers
    How could any player who had goals of building and stocking a consigner compete with that? And more to the point. Why the heck should they have to.
    Nim, after you left, the Mall was empty. It lived and prospered because you stocked it.
    I added formulas, some comps, some techs. Nothing sold. No other players added things. When Lumberjack took it over, he added stock, we tried again. Nobody came.

Yes, someone could have built a connie in Bristugo and stocked it. But nobody did.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

The mall was a good idea, I visited it a couple of times, but it is so far out of the way for me that I actually forgot it existed.

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler."
    - Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingOtter
    [img]/Web/Themes/Generic/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Crazyfingers wrote:
    How could any player who had goals of building and stocking a consigner compete with that? And more to the point. Why the heck should they have to.

Nim, after you left, the Mall was empty. It lived and prospered because you stocked it.
    I added formulas, some comps, some techs. Nothing sold. No other players added things. When Lumberjack took it over, he added stock, we tried again. Nobody came.

Yes, someone could have built a connie in Bristugo and stocked it. But nobody did.
    Not sure a player connie would have helped. On Order we have a connie and pawnbroker right next to the ring of gates in Bristugo. It has been there for months. It usually has some things on it, but not much.

Thats what I said Klaus.

Anyway I am not sure if it would help either. The benefit of the imperial consigner is you can put more then ten items now. But in reality the one next to Nadia is just a convenience thing. I still don't see many folks stocking consigners with comps as we once and still do Nim.

I would like to point out that everything is a subject for change. Nothing is concrete and forever to stay as is. The whole point is that we can try something new and if it doesn't work out it can be changed again. Lets at least give these ideas a chance before we make a rash decision. After all most of these ideas come from players, wether its you me or someone else, the idea was ment to help.

Jayne

Does anyone know if Sir Aiden has the same 7 day time limit as the regular connies?

I think he would be much more effective if he had something like a month time limit,
    or perhaps no time limit at all.

DEATH to the Vielo!!!

As a new dawn rises over Istaria, may we all band together to meet the challenges!

Continuing Development of Horizons... SWEET!

Is Sir Aidan searchable on the Forum like the other regular connies?

Do the consignments with Sir Aidan count against your overall consignments or is he treated as a seperate case?

Quote Originally Posted by Alladania
    Is Sir Aidan searchable on the Forum like the other regular connies?
    yes he is.
    torvos: shadow/chaos shard (on vacation)
    100 mage/100 wizard/100 sorcerer/100 conjuror
    96 chaos warrior
    100 enchanter & member of the dark council

Explorer 86%, Socializer 46%,
    Killer 40%, Achiever 26%

Thread Information