Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Pekkas Map Pack

Default Re: Pekkas Map Pack

Is there a file in there with the default map markers that you included in your map pack?
    Mordoth Penumbraen
    Helian Dragon of Order
    (Retired but keeping an eye out.)
    Keir Chet k'Eilerten
    http://tinyurl.com/ZL3F

"I'm a vegetarian Dragon. I only eat Garden Gnomes."

Sinrao

Default Re: Pekkas Map Pack v2.8

Good to see you still taking the maps along, Pekkas. :) Let me know if you want more info, I'm back and still doing my own database of marker locations. I don't publish my map markers any more, but I'd be happy to share what I have. Cheers!
    -Sinrao Darkriver

Jagze

Hmmm...cant seem to find a read me file on this and I installed it in the maps folder but it wont work.
    Any help please?
    Maybe I am putting this into the wrong section.

Volgein

you have to install it into the horizons folder, for instance like C:\programs\artifact entertainment\horizons. Dont go further into the folder structure, the files will be place where they belong, else you just make new folders with the files in under those folders the files need to be placed in.

Drathen Dartmor

Ok, although these may be explained above and before but...

1. Can you immeditaly install version 2.8 or what previous versions do you need beforehand? [Only 2.8 Required]
    2. Does this include the waypoint images as well as waypoints themselves (IE heres a house etc) [Yes, Yes]
    3. Does restoring your preferences folder ie order_Drathen replace any of these markers (if any). [No]
    4. Does installing this initate a full update. [I dont believe so]
    5. Does a full update overwrite this. [Yes, these files are considered obsolete]

*Edited*

I hope these questions [with my further testing], for they poped into my head as soon I tried attemptingto install it, answer some questions not asked.

Dear Vanaondo/Pekka,

i really like your mappack and use it for several months now. I filled it with "life" - my own mapmakers - and am close to consider it perfect for me.

But there is one thing i find ... annoying for some time also. When you made first version of mappack i assume the great merger had just happened and you marked all available plots with little yellow-red houses. When looking at the Oversight-view of the map, those houses hide other markers, text and other useful stuff like landmarks.

As i found no way to de-activate only thouse houses, please - could you remove them?
    I think the available plots are not of _that_ big interest to let other information step aside ...

Thx for your great work. [Y]

Losian

I have a bit of a problem.. I just installed the mappak.. and now whenever I log in, as soon as I cast any spell or use any ability, I instantly freeze and crash to the desktop..

evilena

I have to say I love your maps :) they are the ultimate best *HUGS* thank you for making them.
    I was just curious if you have the latest version out yet that incorporates the tulga games devestation of lesser aradoth yet? I pray you do not find me a bother by asking this.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanaondo
    Vanaondo
    The RP guild Kushan Sogd at Harro, Unity Shard
    Download and install Pekkas Map Pack v2.9 today and HCC 0.26 Beta is there too
    I went there and did not see the v2.9

Plus anyone know how to get names on map .. I'm tired of trying to find wheer such & such build area are.

thanks
    Nalrach, Healer & Guardian, Member of the "Iron Circle" guild
    Ramti, Friendly draggy trying to wake-up from long nap.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinrao
    I don't publish my map markers any more, but I'd be happy to share what I have.
    Curiosity why?

I have not seen a current DEF been post since the last major change .... And Kion island is now a job to be re-mapped. I know it's a big job, but does anyone centralize the info anymore?

I found the bitmaps (terrains) hard to look at and at closeup the details are not there, plus the colors seems off to me.

If I want the original terrains from HZ, but want to keep the marking what do I do?

safaia

I was told that Vanaondo/Pekka has left the game. Is this true? Is anybody else still updating the maps?

Default Maps - group dots are not showing

The other player on my group are not showing on the maps (green dots)

This has shown since I tried installing the mappack. Did not like the backgrounds and unistalled. I tryed a full scan and it did find some files to replace. This did not solve the issue. I have no clue if after the maintenance it was working since beetween it and the mappack I did not group.

Any suggestion ... outside re-installing

High details (relief, depth) maps, play havoc on my eyesigth and load time for the map windows ... is their a way to preserver the AE maps but still use all the DEF from all the mappak.

Atthe last maintenance, the players stop showing on the maps (other colred little man). Doing a full scan, parts of the files been re-written .. I go the old AE maps back , but still no players from groups showing on maps .. any ideas?

Suggestion: I find the "yellow house" showing the plot to clutter the maps for nothing. They are on a selection with other important building. Would it not be possible to place player housing on it's own selection.

Xorith

TG has recently recommended this on the community site for people who want a better map than what's included. With the number of posts on this thread that are unanswered, I'm thinking that the original project maintainer is no longer with the game, or working on this project. It could also be on the back-burner.

I'm working on learning the in's and out's of the map system, but is there anyone else who has had extensive experience with this, that might want to step up and manage things until the original developer decides to come back and take things up again? Or is there any way TG could offer a little support for this add-on?

Xorith

Out of boredom, I decided to answer one poster's wish for seperating player plots from the other points of interest.

You can download the files in a zip form here:
    http://www.muddomain.com/~jwsoft/horizons/istaria.zip

The above may not work soon, and if that happens, I'll relocate the file.

Instructions:

Download the zip file.
    Unzip it to this location: C:\Program Files\Artifact Entertainment\Horizons\Resources\interface\maps\Is taria
    (Note: the above may not be the same for you, substitute it for the proper location in Resources)

Optional -- Disable Player Plots:
    Open up C:\Program Files\Artifact Entertainment\Horizons\Resources\interface\maps\Is taria\map.def

Locate the part that says "// Put // infront of each line to disable plots (save memory)"
    Replace the lines below it with this:
    // UI_MAP_CUSTOM_LAYER
    // {
    // string LayerName = "Player Plots"
    // string LayerDef = "map_istaria_plots.def"
    // string LayerGraphic = "map_marker_house.png"
    // }

Questions, answers, and whatnot -- feel free to post.

-- Valerith / Xorith of Order

By the way, I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere before but in light of always having to reinstall Pekkas map pack after each patch you can do the following to avoid that in the future.

In your \version_info\ folder there is a file named no_update_list. Open it with notepad and then add the following line to the file:

\resources\interface\maps

Save (make sure Windows doens't add a file extension) and close.

This should prevent the patcher from overwriting your map files in the future.

- Amon
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Fridlekh

Doesn't the patcher download a new no_update_list every time it patches?

Someone needs to repackage the map pack to install to the resources_override directory instead of just resources. That'd cut a huge amount of angst from Tulga's patcher always overwritting people's map packs.
    "We live only ONE REAL DAY, during which we recall false memories of living many more."
    Is it today?
    "No."

I have downloaded and installed the map pack but all I am getting is the different icons that I can choose from. There is nothing on the actual maps themselves. I was under the impression that the maps were already marked with where everything is. I don't know if I installed it in the correct place. I installed it in program files/tulga games/horizons/resources/interface/maps. Is this correct? I have made sure that I did not install it when the game was running. I have also uninstalled it and reinstalled it and am still not getting what shows above in this thread for all the locations of things in the game. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Thread Information