Thread: Thanks for the 2nd Part of the AROP

Default Thanks for the 2nd Part of the AROP

great quest, very interesting and good made

i have visited some real old places and some new! i enjoyed the travel through Istaria

i hope to see the next parts soon and that they are good like this part

it took a real good time (close to 7 hours)

Default Re: Thanks for the 2nd Part of the AROP

Yeah was a nice quest as long as I got. Now just waiting for the game to get reinstalled to see if it will fix the friggin problem that make my computer crash every time I log on with my dragon >:(
    Uroloki Chaos (Unity)(ice)

:( bad thing for you

i hope it will get work for you soon! *crosses fingers*

Just realised this still said Ice....oopsie

Quote Originally Posted by Uro
    Yeah was a nice quest as long as I got. Now just waiting for the game to get reinstalled to see if it will fix the friggin problem that make my computer crash every time I log on with my dragon >[img]/Web/emoticons/emotion-6.gif[/img]
    Error id 106 and connection errors?
    Give Unity the support it deserves!

I want to say a big thank you for this also. I have yet to finish the second part, but what I have seen so far is excelent. I know some people have passed it off as being "too vague" or "just a fedex mission" but, that's not the way I see it at all. First of all, combat isn't the only thing to a dragon. We had a lot of combat in the first part (which, I might note, I thought was very well done. It was at the perfect range to just be soloable, if a dragon really pushed it.) And this second part would seem to be more developement in other areas. I don't mind the vagueness in the quest dialog at all- it is supposed to be hard. So you have to go around talking to jsut about everyone that you think might be in the right area? Well, good. You're playing detective, folowing a dragon who died 20 years earlier, and was largely acting in secrecy. Clues are going to be sketchy and sparse. Anyway, thanks again. The lore I have seen so far in the second part is excelent. I hope one day you are able to have epic quests for all of the classes or races.
    Lumineux Talar

Quote Originally Posted by Lumineux
    I want to say a big thank you for this also. I have yet to finish the second part, but what I have seen so far is excelent. I know some people have passed it off as being "too vague" or "just a fedex mission" but, that's not the way I see it at all. First of all, combat isn't the only thing to a dragon. We had a lot of combat in the first part (which, I might note, I thought was very well done. It was at the perfect range to just be soloable, if a dragon really pushed it.) And this second part would seem to be more developement in other areas. I don't mind the vagueness in the quest dialog at all- it is supposed to be hard. So you have to go around talking to jsut about everyone that you think might be in the right area? Well, good. You're playing detective, folowing a dragon who died 20 years earlier, and was largely acting in secrecy. Clues are going to be sketchy and sparse. Anyway, thanks again. The lore I have seen so far in the second part is excelent. I hope one day you are able to have epic quests for all of the classes or races.
    I disagree. The quest would be totally awesome if you were actually playing detective. The problem lies in that there isn't a way for you to go around and ask other npc's for help. You get the right npc or you get nothing.

I have finished and I will say that the quest gets better the closer to the end you get. In some places it is a bit more rigid then I thought it should be but it was generally ok. The biggest problem I had with the quest was that two of the npc's went AWOL on me. So I had the right npc but it wasn't there. Only other problem was user error on my part and Maltavorn set me straight on that one.

The first part of the ARoP gets two thumbs up from me. This part gets one.

spoilers ahead!

This part gets my seal of approval, for the most part. [;)] There's lots of story development and lore here. The possibility that the Sleeper is still alive. An unnamed threat that has Drulkar calling ancients-to-be to travel beyond the Gate of Embers. The Protectorate and their hidden work to thwart Withered Aegis on the eve of the Battle of Tazoon. Constellations on Istarian sky.

A few complaints though:

The clues pointing towards the watcher dragon atop the cleric tower are all too vague. At least to me "search south of the city" sounds pretty darn vague in the face of having to fly up the stairs and take a peek on the roof.

On the observatory peninsule, the zone for finding the star charts seems all too small. Most of the time quests seem don't worry about your altitude - hidden confetioner form quest spring to mind first - but this required me to land before activating. A guildie checked the ruins several times before finding the charts. The clue on the quest window is also misleading. The first line speaks of finding information about stars. The second line, which is actually next step, appears to give an additional clue that a gnome might know more. After giving the observatory a once-over and reading the quest window, I headed for the gnome before finding the charts, because that was obviously what I had to do first. A guildie who reads the quest window more than I headed straight from cleric tower to New Rachival, as it was clearly said that a gnome would know more. The line should either be greyed out or appear only after the charts have been found, it is making people skip the observatory entirely.

For the photograph of the stars, the problem is that the peak is not on the map. I was partially expecting something like this as the clue clearly pointed to northern parts of Trandalar and I'm accustomed to unnanounced terrain alterations and to the map lagging behind actual terrain. Newer players might be less so, however.

What's the point with the dryad at the Bridge of Hues accepting only tier V version of Regrowth, as you don't need to craft it yourself? There's no separate reaction to a weaker version of correct spell either.

Dragon adventurer 100 | Dragon crafter 100 | Dragon lairshaper 84

I think that the observatory part shouldn't list the "perhaps a gnome might help..." bit until you have completed the first part. I actually read both lines as one thing to do and flew around confused for a while.

I seemed to have trouble with the "easy" parts while not having any with the "difficult" ones. Maybe I'm weird but the cleric's tower was the first thing that came to mind.

The regrowth V thing is exactly what I'm having troubles with. I made the tier V version because I noticed that the dryad was lvl 100 but I was prepared to have to go back if I had the wrong spell. It would be easy to change the dialog to perhaps state powerful spell or something like that but that's a little blunt. The real question is how did the little guy get to lvl 100 without knowing the spell name but that's fodder for a different post. What happens if you bring a tier I spell? There should be some extra dialog if there isn't.

On the bright side I was almost in stiches after the whole gnome lover bit. As silly as that was it's the best bit of npc dialog I've come accross in a long time.

Thread Information