Asheron's call-2 years
    Dark Age of Camelot-3 weeks
    Starwars galaxies online-3 days
    Everquest-5min
    World of warcraft-4-6 weeks
    Anarchy Online-2 weeks

beta tested a bunch of games

And played Horizons-2 weeks

I played some beta test of it, and two weeks of release. I quit because when monsters raided a town, it got so laggy people were crashing left and right. My PC is much better now, but it was mostly the servers fault. Is this lag fixed?

Any big updates recently? Im not to into crafting, can you find weapons/armor off monsters now?

I dont really care about how many people play, but is it worth coming back? (You can add your own info if you want)

Vendayn

Default Re: Worth coming back?-Played a LONG LONG time ago

Doesn't seem like edit is working, sorry for double posting.

Does the trial require a credit card? I belive so, but not sure. I heard from a few people they bill you when you cancel your trial still

To answer some of your questions.

Yes, there has been a lot added to the game.

Yes, you can loot weapons and armor off of mobs now.

Yes (I think) the trial requires a credit card.

Tulga, who now runs HZ, has been gradually improving the client performance. It isn't a perfect client, but is vastly improved from what it was at release.

Come on back and give HZ another shot. You might decide to stay for a while!

There is a new billing service now too, I haven't heard of any billing problems in a while now. (Such as double-tripple billing, or billing after cancle.)
    Lumineux Talar

Draupnir

I left not long after you did for pretty much the same reasons. I have been playing again now for a few weeks and I have to say that I am enjoying myself greatly. I remember when Dalimond was raided and how horrid the lag was.

I am not sure how much more improved the client really is to tell you the truth, I think it still would rate lowest on the list of games that you have played. But the world has a lot more to offer now and the population is much lighter so that you most likely will not find yourself in the same type of situations as there were in the Dalimond raid or the rebuilding of the machines in the elven city.

I say give it a try, even if you have to give a credit card # for the free trial you should not have any issues if you do not wish to continue after it has ended as the billing problems seem to be all gone now.

Hope to see you in Istaria.

Vendayn

Thanks, I'll try to get my dad to let me try it out. I'll probably play a warrior class, since I usually play those.

Vendayn

hmm, I need internet explorer to signup/play? My friend said you did, if not guess I cant...I use firefox, internet explorer as to many loop holes and I will never use it again

Quote Originally Posted by Vendayn
    hmm, I need internet explorer to signup/play? My friend said you did, if not guess I cant...I use firefox, internet explorer as to many loop holes and I will never use it again
    I know what you mean. It is IE only though. There are some things Firefox cant do.... Only two I've found was launch HZ, and save images from a satelite database. I put up with IE just for this game. Just keep up to date with spyware checks. I use Spyware Doctor(www.download.com).
    Explorer 80%
    Killer 46%
    Achiever 40%
    Socializer 33%

The login page is the only site I go to in IE. They're working on a stand alone launcher though. (Finaly.)
    Lumineux Talar

Just realised this still said Ice....oopsie

The reason IE is required iirc is because it uses an active-x to launch the game which isnt supported in FF. I only use IE for hz but once the game is launched you can close the window if your concerned over vunerabilities.
    Give Unity the support it deserves!

Quote Originally Posted by Vendayn
    Everquest-5min
    HAHAHAHA I couldn't help but find that hilarious. YAY for people realizing how much of a suckfest EQ is. :D

Hope you enjoy yourself this go round than last. LOTS has changed, LOTS is still the same but you may still barely recognize the place.

Before coming back I'd recommend in the strongest way to review your reasons for leaving and then compare them to what has changed and what hasn't and see if you can reconcile the differences.
    25 months waiting for expert CNF forms. Tired of the intentional deceptions and being kicked in the junk.

ADV: Centenarian Nature Walker; Rating: 162
    Craft: 1900 levels; Craft Rating: 234
    DRGN: Lunus, Adult, 100 DRAG, 100 DCRA, 100 DLSH, Expert Lairshaper (Chaos-04)

No, try not! Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda

If the enemy presents an opportunity, take advantage of it - Sun Tzu

Having problems with my right to speak? Report me or click here *Ignore Seranthor*

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

As for the stand-alone launcher, it's been running now a bit over a week and I've not had any problems with it that weren't fixed by suggestions in another thread on here. The only time I see logging into the game in IE is if I decide I want to create a new character, but once that's done (and I've heard rumors that maybe even that function will be added to the launcher at some point), log in to the game in that character, exit game, pull up the stand-alone and it's good.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

Standalone launcher has been working fine for me.

The vast majority of the server side lag from right after release is gone. They redid big chunks of the server (especially the combat) just for that reason.

My normal play experience is pretty smooth.

If there's a big town attackyou might want to consider going into the video tab of your options window and lowering the settings. Not so much to keep you from crashing (that's notanissue for me) as to keep your framerate reasonable. Just reducing the texture resolution and the viewing distance might help. I used to do similar kinds of things in EQ for big raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Khoal
    To answer some of your questions.

Yes, there has been a lot added to the game.
    And alot taken out (i.e. events).
    There is alot still left to be added.

Yes, you can loot weapons and armor off of mobs now.
    But they are not "real weapons". They are blighted, and will need recharging to keep usnig.

Yes (I think) the trial requires a credit card.
    Yep, card needed.

Tulga, who now runs HZ, has been gradually improving the client performance. It isn't a perfect client, but is vastly improved from what it was at release.
    Try it for the trial period and decide.

-Digit Dryad
    Chaos

Thread Information