Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NB connie

Default Re: NB connie

Scales and other dragon items sell nearly as fast as ican put them up there. Scales sell the fastest followed closely by spells, and claws...Not much interest in buying claws it seems. But i would like to point out that dragon crafters are seriously needed in this project! If you wish to volunteer please PM me or send me a tell in game. Either or....
    -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=-
    100/100 Dragon
    Following the Path of Lunus
    Journeyman Lairshaper
    -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=-

If you all don't mind too much I'll gently wade in here and add my two coppers worth.

Both sides are correct.

The beginning Consigners do need to be decently stocked (and that should also include Kion & Sslanis), but the prices shouldn't be so low and the stock so large that it drives off new crafters. The only reason that we even need to stock these consigners is that for various reasons the new crafters aren't. We don't need to accidently make it worse.

May I suggest a general price rule of thumb to be 3 times what the Pawnbroker will pay for a basic item? It's less than what the Pawnbroker sells the item at,and a reasonably low price for a new player, but an amount that won't kill a new crafter to undercut slightly.

Oh asteral! The reason that the claws aren't going as fast is maybe the players don't know that they show up over in the weapons section instead of the scales section of the consigners. It took me a little while to realize it. I just figured that either none had been put up for sale or they had already all been bought. [:$]

Nellie Lovett/Ochre Tekton
    of Azure Twilight in Carmo on Order
    English doesn't borrow from other languages. English follows other languages down dark alleys, knocks them over & goes through their pockets for loose grammar. -=Paraphased from James Nicoll=- Unicorn's Lady's Dalliance

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

Quote Originally Posted by gusi
    Pretty much the same sales as yesterday, excepting 1 Fitting Mallet/Masonry Trowel/Rune Stylus/Weaving Awl, 4 Flaxen Sacks, 3 Rough Leather Backpacks and perhaps a few other tools.

The most unpopular things are Carpentry Hammers, Jewelry Pliers, Tinkering Spanners and Clay Scoops.

So, these studies give me the idea that I should put at least 5 of some tools (like Mining Pick and Smelting Tongs, etc.) and only 1 of others (above listed). Perhaps some sort of study like this could be done with armor, jewelry, etc..
    I think I have an answer for you on this, Gusi. Where are the class trainers located for carpenters, jewelers, tinkerers, and alchemists/confectioners?

Perhaps something to consider in putting up new stuff is where the people will be when they actually need the items. I don't recall any of the construction classes being on training islands. That would preclude me from putting carpentry hammers, essence structurers, fitting mallets, masonry trowels, or weaving awls on NB. However, I could definitely see a business for essence structurers in Sslanis, carpentry hammers, fitting mallets, and masonry trowels in Parsinia (though we really only have the player-built consigners there and it really is annoying when they are set to guild-only), and weaving awls in Kion.

Since I'm not a jeweler, tinker, alchemist, or confectioner, I haveno idea where their trainers are, but I'd bet business would be booming for all types of crafted tools and weapons near where the trainers are.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

Quote Originally Posted by asteral
    Scales and other dragon items sell nearly as fast as ican put them up there. Scales sell the fastest followed closely by spells, and claws...Not much interest in buying claws it seems. But i would like to point out that dragon crafters are seriously needed in this project! If you wish to volunteer please PM me or send me a tell in game. Either or....
    I'll try to have my little dragon Lerion put some stock there. I know the item he had the hardest time finding (a month ago) was a dragon scale pack. Might want to put some of those there if you haven't already.

And I will whip up some sandstone disks, those are very necessary to new players as well, and can't actually be built by newbies.

Zark

Hello friends. I am a new hatchling in the world of Order. I thought perhaps as a member of the group you are trying to assist I could add some feedback that would be helpful. I will first say I am thankful that there are elders who are so interested in assisting the young ones. The life of hatchlings and youngnaka seems to be a lonely one in this time as we are few and your assistance is sincerely appreciated.

My goal after completing my hatchling training and being sent to New Trismus was of course to learn and become stronger but also to learn to craft the items I needed to assist me with my training. I found I needed spells, scales and claws so I began to search for the formulae required to make them. This met with no sucess as the consigners had nothing that was useable to me in New Trismus, New Brommel or in Kion or Sslanis. I later learned that my crafting trainer in New Trismus would provide me some forumlae if I completed some tasks for him.

He told me I needed to complete 5 tasks for him to get a single starter formula. I completed a number of tasks which required much running back and forth as hatchlings can not carry too many resources. I was encouraged when I overheard some naka discussing a cargo disc which apparently is used to transport large quantities of resources. I looked again to the consigners but did not find anything useable.

Perhaps just a larger pack would suffice but I feel I could make this again if I had the formula.

I also learned of techniques to improve the items I crafted but a search of these led only to quartermasters that would not sell me the techniques I requested. Perhaps its because I am dragon and they are not. I do understand their resentment and envy but I am not too blame and It does not help me with my need.

So in summary friends, at least this hatchling prefers to make his goods, but is in need of useable forumlae, techniques and higher carrying capacity to complete initial quests.

I had little coin to use toward the purchase of these items preconstructed. Since I need to advance my crafting skill anyway why not do that as well as get what I need.

I look forward to the day when I visit the great dragon cities and learn from the elders. In time I will join you.

Zark,
    Welcome to order, I'm happy that you have chosen our shard and glad that our efforts to assist new players are not going unnoticed.
    You do seem to have missed the New Player chat channel. We realize as a community that crafting is a large part of the game, and that some are more interested in learning that than they are in simply buying the goods.
    Packs and cargo disks are something that you will have to rely on from the consigner. Packs because you'd have to wait until you could almost use the next level up pack before you'd be able to make it, and cargo disks because they can only be made by the biped races.
    If you're having trouble logging into the New Player chat channel, here's one way of doing it.
    If you haven't changed the default keys on your options, this will work, If you have, then you'll have to change some of the keystrokes.

1. Hit "H". This will open a new chat window. Click on the button on the lower left that highlights as View All Chat channels. Select New player and then "Join". Now click on the lower right button that says chat option. There's a blank square at the end of the listing of possible channels. Click that. Then go to the second tab and select "New Player". This will give you a window devoted to New Player chat.

2. (second easier option) Click the View all Chat channels button on the lower right of your main chat window. Select "New Player" and hit "Join" This will put the chat in a separate tab.

Again, welcome to the community. I hope you enjoy your time with us.

Zark, regarding the quartermasters, they are not racist. However, they only accept Imperial Bounty Markers (can be found randomly on mob drops, or quested from the quartermasters themselves).

So, from a newbies point of view, the things in high demand would be the backpacks and scalepacks, since they are required by everyone, not just a specific school. Closely following those are Disks, since the majority of newbies at least give crafting a go and again, are required by everyone, not just a specific school. At least, that's the feel I got from your post Zark. Cargos wouldn't go astray either (although only needed by bipeds).
    Truth is absolution - Killswitch Engage
    Gusi: 100 lvls of ELAR deleted and crafting forte.
    Aquzon: 0/100 Draconic Crafter achieved in under 100 hours gameplay.
    Yuthakon: 31 Berserker and aspiring Constructor.
    Proud member of Strata on Order Realm

Zark

Thank you for the welcome. I have done some research on these boards and I am thinking from the perspective of a dragon looking ahead. I will have to have crafting levels later to progress and the products of my crafting can help me now so I see no good reason to simply purchase the products I can make directly. Some may wish to delay crafting but I think many will find as I have that the crafting system is fun and wish to pursue it from the beginning.

The other factor that tips the scale is that I am adding most items I gain through hunting to my hoard rather than sellingwhich limits the coin I have available to purchase preconstructed items.

My greatest need I would claim is formulae and techniques but since no suggestion was made on another way to gain those ill assume that the crafting quests are my only source. If this is true then indeed the additional carrying capacity of a disc or pack is the only thing that will be helpful.

I was not aware of the new player channel Tokoz. Thank you for the advice.

Well, this is just my personal experience, but I wouldn't worry about techniques too much until you have more experience in the world and have some shiny coins to throw around. You certainly won't *need* techniques to make useful things for yourself or others... really, they just make good things a little better. Also, the higher the level of the item, the greater the technique that can be applied. The lower level techniques, in my not-so-humble opinion, aren't worth the bother and expense of getting components, when you'll often grow out of the equipment quickly. Later on, when you can use more powerful techniques, and your tasks and enemies will be tougher, they're certainly a great help. But for now, I think filling out your formula collection (after getting your scalepack and cargo gear) is your best bet.

By the way, there is a Formulatron in Dalimond, a human town, that will give you a single random formula appropriate for your level in exchange for one Imperial Lore Token (those little green dealies you get from crafter tasks). I found that invaluable when I was starting off and needed to learn some basic formulae cheaply and quickly.
    kitty: 48 Mage 22 Healer + others
    80 MIN 65 GTH 69 TNK 70 MSN 55 SPL
    41 BLK 41 SCH 47 CRP 38 JWL + others
    dragon: 91 adv, 100 craft, 22 lair
    elf: 49 ELAR, 31 Healer, 51 Fitter + others

Zark

I wanted to post and thank the community and in particular a couple people who were very helpful to myself and others new to Istaria last night. They are a credit to the community and a create a positive impression to newcomers.

First Gusi, he spent the entire evening as far as I can tell answering questions, stocking consigners and even making items on demand for new players.

He made up cargo disks on demand for me and others and also stocked the consigner with those and many other tools and hard to find items for young bipeds in particular.

Second Asteral, I found she and others have stocked scales, claws, scalepacks and other items in New Trismus and elsewhere for we hatchlings. She was also in the new player chat and answering questions for the young players.

There were others but I think these were the primaries. Plink was in the New Player channel some and I think I saw Sarpedos stocking a consigner as well.

Thank you all. Your efforts are very appreciated and are a great asset to the community.

Gusi and Asteral are actually on a community formed teamed (named with much originality) the New Player Assistance Team. Asteral and Frisco are the team leaders, and we're all very proud of the great job they've been doing.

Can't live without Gusi, it's very hard to keep the tinkered items in stock, and she does a great job on it. We've added a couple more tinkerers to help her out, but she still without complaint is carrying the bulk of the load.

All those people read this board, and I'm sure they appreciate greatly the thanks. :)

Again as always,

Welcome to the Order Community. :)

I noticed somebody was asking about armor for newbies...

Scale and plate seemed to be what was most in demand to me, followed by cloth armors, some ring and chain and very little leather...Shields were in demand somewhat, as were a few weapons, but swords seemed most popular of those...

Just my observations from a couple months ago...
    Death is the ultimate dilemma and integral to the beliefs and behavior of every culture. Life is bore on the corpses of the dead. Without death, there would be no motivation to do anything. The only emotion would be existing. Life would be pestilent and agonizing.

Ssilmath Torshak
    Paladin of Kass, Master Armorsmith

Thread Information