Thread: Searching for other like-minded fans

DuckyDactyl

Default Searching for other like-minded fans

Greetings Fellow Dragons,

True, this is my first post on the forum, but only because, I'm awful with forums and all the time and attention they require for proper care when I'd much prefer to be playing horizons!

I've searched around quite thoroughly and I'm FAIRLY sure I'm not repeating a thread. If I am, a thousand appologies and could somebody possibly send me in the right direction!

To the point! Pern. Yes, I'm aware this is a completely different world, but there are enough similarities that I can't believe there isn't a larger base of people wanting to rp with it in Horizons. There used to be a 'Dragon Riders of Istaria' guild, but they no longer seem toexist much to my disappointment.

I'm wondering if there are enough folks willing to either start new hatchlings (there's a great pernese-esque double-prongued head now) and if we are able to find bipeds to Impress, if a new RPguild could be started up on Order?

I already started a new hatchling, but I don't want to start leveling her (besides craft) unless there are others to role play with. I also wouldn't mind beginning the Guild myself, however, nobody is going to want to follow a level 5 hatchling as a guild leaderand my current Dragon,a level 60 striped red isn't exactly appropriate for the task either.

Are there any others interested in this fandom, or am I alone in this? I KNOW I've seen people posting using Pernese terminology such as Weyr and 'go between' instead of teleport or recall, so if you are out there; Pleaseraise your draconic (or naka) voice!

If you don't reply here, or just want to chat, tell me on Order Shard - Kamo Tokage or Kirath.

Thanks for your time and attention! *bows*

Default Re: Searching for other like-minded fans

What follows is just an opinion.

I would rather leave things relating to Pernese lizards out of a game with dragons. While there are superficial similarities on the surface, in the end there is nothing in common between those two species.

Further, any RP done outside such guild's channel would bring you into conflict with other roleplayers for not sticking to the canon and lore of Horizons. One major point is that both lunus and helian philosophy places them above bipeds in every respect. Another is that Istarian dragons are not telepathic, nor do they impress like birds. Nor is any lunus keen on letting bipeds onto their backs - the helians, well they can have funny ideas sometimes, but we need to be patient with them.

Dragon adventurer 100 | Dragon crafter 100 | Dragon lairshaper 84

DuckyDactyl

Yeah, I'm aware that Anne can be REALLY wenchy about her stuff....and I'm not talking about complete emersion. I LOVE the horizons lore, and I'm talking of simply using some of the ideas to encourage more role play.

I think that most of the dragons would be of the Helian faction simply due to the fact that they WOULD work with the bipeds. The telepathy could simply be a private'/tell' between players that is encorporated into RP and the Impression could be moreof a friendship bond than a life and death link.

Either way, with a bit of tweaking, I personally believe that we could avoid Anne's wrath and have a good time RPing...because, honestly, there's a lack of it on the Order shard. *sigh*

I would say RP whatever you want with your friendly neighborhood Dragon, just treat it as a "local" phenomenon. IE, don't try to impress your view of the biped-Dragon relationship onto the rest of the world. Always treat it as something unique that developed within the existing world framework, and write your history and background that way. Don't contradict the world lore, complement it.

With that as your goal, your story and RP will be unique and not subject to ridicule and copyright infringement claims. [;)]

Erus Ex Universitas -- Erus Ex Istaria Guild Home

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is not complete. -- 3. Start something new.

DuckyDactyl

Oh definately! With my first dragon being of Lunus heritage, I wouldn't be very open to hearing about equality among bipeds and dragons within such a strange relationship! ;)

As opposed to fighting thread, it would be blight, etc. I think it would be more an incorporationof a fewbasic ideasof pern INTO the lore of Horizons

I just think that... so far, most are pretty-much caught up with their current alts and don't have time/interest to start new ones. Which...is understandable I suppose. Perhaps I'll simply start up a guild deal with the ugly 'starting guild 1283462159' crap and hope to be able to recruit while advancing crafting level on the hatchie. If somebody more appropriate comes along, knock them up to Guildleader.

and you're always welcome to come RP in the various chat channels setup for that sort of thing - if you need more info. send me a tell in game, or a PM here or..whatever :).

I know many nights Allon and myself practice our lazing skills next to the chiconis portal and many nights we get impromptu RP going on there with anyone who is willing to stop and just start talking to us...

although many nights we get very few willing to do that - we love it when they do!

In fact Allon tells me (I've been out of game this week..RL stuff) that just last night they had a singing circle ...

There IS RP out there, you just have to know where to look - and if your limiting yourself to "say" channel only, well you'll also limit how much RP you will find.

Bassalisk

Yes, we had a singing circle, and there were close to a dozen dragons present. Myself included. :)

I too have recently returned to the game and enjoy Roleplay as well. Whenever the opportunity for it arises (and I'm not otherwise consumed) I like to get involved, and I do tend to hang around the Chiconis portal quite a bit myself.

Feel free to send me a /tell in game (as malendryn, I'm on every night!) if you have any questions about the roleplaying on Order and or about the game mechanics in general and I'd be happy to either help or steer you in the right direction!

Thread Information