Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone else upset about plot reclamation?

Default Re: Anyone else upset about plot reclamation?

If you want support on this one I suggest you look in the dictionary under "S" ... people have been clamoring for plot reclamation. If you don't pay your rent, the landlord kicks you out; simple as that.
    Brassandyn and Landowyn
    The Steelworks. Realm of Order

I guess Neon that people may just tire of this issue coming up every time there are plot reclamations...which of course it inevitably will. There is only so much hashing and rehashing that people can bear. To you it is a new concern, but to these old hands they have seen it all before time and time again : )

Do the buildings on the plot turn into novian resources when the plot is reclaimed?? Please tell me that they do. Then the person can buy a new plot when they return to the game and use the stored resources to build on it.

I really disagree that people's stuff should disappear when they don't play/pay. Thing is that mmorpg world is very dynamic and people often put down a game for a while only to pick it up again later. For me, HZ had its hooks in me because I knew my characters were still here, waiting with all their stuff. Same with Norrath and even Paragon City: while I play HZ, my stuff is still over there waiting for me. There's another game I played where characters and assets are deleted after 3 months and there's no reason at all to go back there now -- and I am even less inclined to do so because I am a bit mad that they have a policy of deleting stuff.

As for Kumu -- I still hate his sig picture, but I cannot express my gratitude to him (and others!!)for sticking with this game and being such a staunch supporter of it.

At least you were nice arseovrteakettl. From what I can tell, it seems they just auction your plot off and whoever buys it gets what you had. If thats not how it works, all your stuff most likely just gets bulldozed, thats how it used to be.

I can see the kind of replies I'm going to continue to get, so I'm going to ask that this post be locked.

Goodbye everyone.

Oh and Brassandyn? When you BUY a house, you don't pay rent.

*Post edited to remove insults*
    Neon Burnblade
    Bitter ex-top-jeweler of Expanse (for a few weeks in 2004 anyway)
    --------------------------------------------------
    If anyone is interested in EQ2, look me up as Iridi on the Unrest server. Gronar and Hellga are on as well!

[img]/Web/Themes/Generic/images/spacer.gif[/img]
    Quote Originally Posted by Neon
    At least you were nice arseovrteakettl. From what I can tell, it seems they just auction your plot off and whoever buys it gets what you had.
    Yes its exactly like this Neon, your not using it, your not paying a subscription so they are letting someone else have it.

I can see the kind of replies I'm going to continue to get,
    Of course you will Neon, because your complaint has no basis, your not paying to play so you are entitled to nothing.

Oh and Brassandyn? When you BUY a house, you don't pay rent. *post edited to remove insults*
    No, but you might have a mortgage and you definately have TAXES, if you dont pay either the mortgage company or the government can and sometimes DOES take your property. Same thing here. Want to keep your stuff, pay your subscription.

25 months waiting for expert CNF forms. Tired of the intentional deceptions and being kicked in the junk.

ADV: Centenarian Nature Walker; Rating: 162
    Craft: 1900 levels; Craft Rating: 234
    DRGN: Lunus, Adult, 100 DRAG, 100 DCRA, 100 DLSH, Expert Lairshaper (Chaos-04)

No, try not! Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda

If the enemy presents an opportunity, take advantage of it - Sun Tzu

Having problems with my right to speak? Report me or click here *Ignore Seranthor*

Dude why don't you just lay off me? I never said I was "entitled" to anything, just that I was pissed. I don't have to enjoy their decision any more than you have to agree with me.

And I KNEW that if I brought up the "paying your rent" crap that more than one person has said, that someone would HAVE to come back with the "but you have to pay sales tax" response. Stupid RL comparisons to a fantasy game. Gimme a fucking break.

Lets get this post locked already!
    Neon Burnblade
    Bitter ex-top-jeweler of Expanse (for a few weeks in 2004 anyway)
    --------------------------------------------------
    If anyone is interested in EQ2, look me up as Iridi on the Unrest server. Gronar and Hellga are on as well!

It has been stated that in this current reposession and auction all the buildings, and the contents of those buildings, go intact to the new owner.

It wouldn't be an issue to leave people in posession of their plots forever if the plots were an infinite resource. But they aren't.

Oh and Brassandyn? When you BUY a house, you don't pay rent.

Wow, really. Tell that to my mortgage company and the county that charges me about 2K a year in property tax.

You're just not getting the drift here, Neon. No one agrees with you. You want to keep your plot, subscribe. If it's not A, B, C it won't go on sale this week.
    Brassandyn and Landowyn

If you file a ticket explaining your circumstances, and a firm intention to return, you might be able to get a dispensation from the devs; or ask for a timed deferral. Perhaps a couple of months if youthink your fortunes would change by then.

Worth trying I think.

But it would be "dog in the mangerish" to hang on to the plot if you don't return.
    ____Kulamata Quality Armor___
    None Genuine without this Pawprint `',''

Achiever 86%, Explorer 60%, Socializer 46%, Killer 6%.

You don't have to permanently resubscribe to get your plot back. There's no reason not to just buy one month for $12.95 and cancel immediately afterwards. I too have friends that have left behind great plots, plots they spent weeks building. Djanee and Steele own the highest two plots on Shephard's Home, and both are going to be reclaimed. There are other, active members that deserve to own a plot moreso than long-inactive accounts that may or may not return some day. Tulga can't really make a decision not to auction a plot just because there are many completed structures instead of just an empty field. They have to provide an equal opportunity for players that have wanted a piece of land for months. Also, just because someone buy's your plot, that doesn't mean they're going to bulldoze the whole thing. Whoever ends up with your plot might keep it exactly the same as it is now.

Tulga has allowed plots to remain for months after the player canceled, sent out E-Mails saying what was going to be done, and even delayed the reclamation a week after technical problems. There's been plenty of time to scrap together 13 bucks andpass of the plot to someone you trustif the work means that much to you.
    "We live only ONE REAL DAY, during which we recall false memories of living many more."
    Is it today?
    "No."

When the better half and I were in Asherons Call we had a pair of villas, in the same community, right next to each other. It took a lot of plot camping,some late, late nights and a pile of luck but we managed to gain title to them. Villas were extremely hard to come by especially two in the same community.Eventually, after we decided to leave the game we could have left them empty and resub every few months long enough to keep control of them. After all, all our characters are still there in a state of suspended animation, but that would NOT be fair to those still IN the game and still PAYING MONTHLY for their subs. So we held a contest, open to couples, that were interested in neighboring Villas.

I may visit Asherons again one day and will be forced to rent an apartment but I could not justify keeping thevillas on the CHANCE I may return. That would be selfish of me to do so.

It will be the same if and when I leave Istaria. The town of Jambi will be up for sale unless a Guildie remains to take over. The assets belong to the people that pay to play. Even though it was our work that built the town, I would rather have it that way then to leave it sit, empty, hoping I return and there is a lot more work done in Jambi (most of it by 4 people..two that have left already) then you could ever do on one plot.
    Bori Grimbattle --->The Dwarf
    Sinistre Azazael---> The Fiend
    Adramaleck Flerious--->The Dragon

~Mystic Blades~
    ~Jambi,Order~

Of course if you really wanted to save your plot you could cancel your subscription to EQ2 and use that wasted money to resubscribe to Horizons...

Quote Originally Posted by Senkeleron Fell
    Of course if you really wanted to save your plot you could cancel your subscription to EQ2 and use that wasted money to resubscribe to Horizons...
    Best.... idea.... EVER! [Y]

Quote Originally Posted by Kumu Honua
    If you aren't paying, you have ZERO claims. It's that simple.
    Actually if you are paying you can make the same statement.

It says so in their Eula.
    -Digit Dryad
    Chaos

Bassalisk

Plot reclaimation was instilled into the game fairly early on, and it was done because there were very few available plots at that time on the world. People bought them up as soon as they could, and there was actually a time where NO PLOTS WERE LEFT UNPURCHASED.

And then people were leaving the game. Now here you have a game with a great many plot-less people, and a number of owned but unoccupied plots (with or without construction on them.)

Artifact then came up with the plot reclaimation system after many discussions with the players, and thats how and why it was born. The situation has changed considerably, but /still remains viable and necessary/.

There are a number of places of great interest, that do not have plots available at a reasonable price, yet there are plenty of plots in those places owned by players who have long ago cancelled their accounts.

Tulga is going about it the most respectable way possible. It must be done, and they are giving these former players every chance possible to prevent themselves from losing the plot. It may not seem fair to those who hope to come back, but it is by far more unfair to keep those plots unavailable to players who are here and are actively playing.

Your options as a player are to either give the plot to someone else to hold, or come back periodically when you recieve the email just long enough to hold the plot. There simply are no other viable options.

Yeah, I'm update about plot reclaim...that is hasn't started yet!!

Upset, heck no! I found a plot that is very small that no one will want, but its filled with tons of rare comps and better yet rare crystals and stones!

And as we know crystals and stones are a girls best friend!

Jayne

Quote Originally Posted by Jayne

Upset, heck no! I found a plot that is very small that no one will want, but its filled with tons of rare comps and better yet rare crystals and stones!

And as we know crystals and stones are a girls best friend!

Jayne

And you know this...how?

Brassandyn and Landowyn

Thread Information