Thread: What are your ideas for improving our trade

Default What are your ideas for improving our trade

I tried in an open forum to get feedback and suggestions on what we shoud do and what we need to get us in line with all the other trade schools I love being a confectioner and have since they fixed it in beta I want to hear your ideas for Improvement and your suggestions as well I hope that as this is in the confectioners trade skill subsection we wont get the naysayers and trolls of open chat.

1. food need to be needed
    they can make foods give bonuses to skills/abilities that are not covered by current alch forms, I for one would like to see a fish based food taht could increas willpower to counteract the mezes that some mobs cast :)
    thats the start add on please :)

Given enough time and the proper temperament anything doable in game is possible
    Confectioner first last and always

Default Re: What are your ideas for improving our trade

The recent change that affected the confectioner trade school dramatically was the raising of the level cap on Ambrosia VII. High level players are no longer interested in food, purchasing Ambrosia VII is more desirable due to less bulk and stack space.

My first suggestion would be to introduce an expert Ambrosia formula before anything else, and return the Ambrosia VII level cap to 80. This will not rectify the neglect of food, but it will give confectioners their first end-product expert formula and act as a sweetener.

Next I would add the functionality to taverns that others have suggested, whereby death point time reduction is doubled for each piece of food consumed. I would not want this feature to apply to ambrosia consumed within the tavern. This ensures that players have a reason to congregate in taverns, and provides a first step towards offering a preference to consuming food instead of Ambrosia.

Then I would focus on filling in the remaining journeyman formulas for the confectioner school. I have said before that lacking these formulas does not bother me too much, having said that I am just a single voice and I hear more people asking for those formulas than I hear people saying that they're not essential. So I would want to ensure that confectioners have the complete range of formulas available for use.

Now comes expert formulas. For these I would recommend a difference to the way the food is made. Maybe lore suggests that food needs the addition of small amounts of spirit oil in order to improve its effectiveness for the high level adventurers. So the expert range of formulas would be tier V equivalents of the existing beginner/journeyman formulas, with slightly more complex recipes, and the addition of 1 spirit oil per batch at maximum efficiency. I would also increase the death point reduction time across all expert foods in comparison to beginner/journeyman options.

Overall this would improve desirability of tier V food over other tiers, and even more favourable when combined with the tavern change that others have suggested and I covered above. It does however increase the requirement for Essence of Blight (one required for every two batches of tier V food created) which while is not a problem in terms of availability on Unity, it might be seen as a concern where there is not an Essence of Blight economy. This would require some additional thought in how to make EoB more readily available. Ideas such as drops from monsters at the same rate as soul fragments are an option.

I want to see my favourite craft school improved, these are my ideas for improving it. [:)]

Trivia : All the volunteer forum admins and moderators are keen confectioners, except Ragon who prefers a roasted gnome. [:P]

Ruath

Quote Originally Posted by Entilzah
    Now comes expert formulas. For these I would recommend a difference to the way the food is made. Maybe lore suggests that food needs the addition of small amounts of spirit oil in order to improve its effectiveness for the high level adventurers. So the expert range of formulas would be tier V equivalents of the existing beginner/journeyman formulas, with slightly more complex recipes, and the addition of 1 spirit oil per batch at maximum efficiency. I would also increase the death point reduction time across all expert foods in comparison to beginner/journeyman options.
    The idea of adding spirit oil to T5 foods is proposterous at the present time due to the lack of Essence of Blight. I cringe when anyone asks me to make ambrosia because that means that I have to spend HORS harvesting EoB in the crater near Taz (unfortunately that is the only place it is available) definitely not a desirable thing to do. Or tell whoevre it is that in order for me to make the ambrosia I need for them to supply the EoB. That generally results in "UM I don't need it THAT bad!" So unless the EoB becomes more readily available I would have to say PLEASE do not implement that! IF EoB is easier to get (like it used to be) then I am all for it! LOVE the idea in fact!

I would like to see:

1) stat bonuses attached to foods

2) drinks added in game. For example: Red HOT Swizzle, adds +5 to flame resistance atT1 level, +10 flame resistance for T2, +15 flame resistance for T3, etc. NOt necessarily alcohol don't really think that's needed, but could be fun to watch a few multi-classed GODS stumble around! LOL

3) people have to eat and drink in order to live (as in RL) go without food or drink for too long and stats begin to drop WAY to long, you die.

4) Ambrosia only for DP removal, all other food and drink for survival and/or boosts to stats

Just my opinion. But these would add to the benefit of confectioners and provide them with a marketable product. Pretty sure some objections will be made to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruath
    The idea of adding spirit oil to T5 foods is proposterous at the present time due to the lack of Essence of Blight. I cringe when anyone asks me to make ambrosia because that means that I have to spend HORS harvesting EoB in the crater near Taz (unfortunately that is the only place it is available) definitely not a desirable thing to do. Or tell whoevre it is that in order for me to make the ambrosia I need for them to supply the EoB. That generally results in "UM I don't need it THAT bad!" So unless the EoB becomes more readily available I would have to say PLEASE do not implement that! IF EoB is easier to get (like it used to be) then I am all for it! LOVE the idea in fact!
    Kinda though the idea he/she said about increasing the DPTR for all expert foods was a nice compensation for adding 1 spirit oil to each batch... then again I'm on Unity too and EoB is easy to get cuz all the newcomers are harvesting it to make easy cash... It's not any harder to get than it used to be, the only difference is now there's only one place to get it (taz crater) and people now realise that the old myth started by some confectioners that clearing blighted nodes makes more regular nodes spawn was exactly that - a myth [:P]

I would like to see:

Not sure I agree, stat bonuses is for alchemist product imo...

2) drinks added in game. For example: Red HOT Swizzle, adds +5 to flame resistance atT1 level, +10 flame resistance for T2, +15 flame resistance for T3, etc. NOt necessarily alcohol don't really think that's needed, but could be fun to watch a few multi-classed GODS stumble around! LOL
    Totally agree with adding drinks to the game, don't agree with stat bonuses though because like I said, that's for alchy products. DPTR should be fine for drinks once the DP system gets an overhaul.

3) people have to eat and drink in order to live (as in RL) go without food or drink for too long and stats begin to drop WAY to long, you die.
    Like the idea, am used to it from most other games. unfortunately I reckon most peeps will go 'NERF!' if such a change made it to Horizons. I'd have no objections to it personally, adds to roleplay, immersion, and of course it's more purpose for confectioners. In other words I support your idea but am worried about non-confectioners slamming it as a nerf [:(]

4) Ambrosia only for DP removal, all other food and drink for survival and/or boosts to stats
    Can't agree with this at all... Food and ambrosia for DPTR, alchy potions for stat boosts. If stat bonuses get added to foods other than festival foods, alchemists will cry foul and it will lead to their school needing reexamined too. Like I said already, the DP system needs looking at to make DPTR more of a necessity via food.

Just my opinion. But these would add to the benefit of confectioners and provide them with a marketable product. Pretty sure some objections will be made to them.
    Hehe happy to oblige with the objections, from one conf to another though I gotta say that I always love reading good ideas for our school, the more food for thought the better [;)]

Ruath

Quote Originally Posted by Tzael
    [img]/Web/Themes/Generic/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Ruath wrote: I would like to see:

Not sure I agree, stat bonuses is for alchemist product imo...

[img]/Web/Themes/Generic/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Ruath wrote: 2) drinks added in game. For example: Red HOT Swizzle, adds +5 to flame resistance atT1 level, +10 flame resistance for T2, +15 flame resistance for T3, etc. NOt necessarily alcohol don't really think that's needed, but could be fun to watch a few multi-classed GODS stumble around! LOL

Totally agree with adding drinks to the game, don't agree with stat bonuses though because like I said, that's for alchy products. DPTR should be fine for drinks once the DP system gets an overhaul.

Not intending to go into conflict with alchemists, but there are some stats that could be compounded with the use of foods. Spun sugar is one example (although I do have to say I miss the fact that in the beginning you only needed one, but that got nerfed fast! tee hee

[img]/Web/Themes/Generic/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Ruath wrote: 3) people have to eat and drink in order to live (as in RL) go without food or drink for too long and stats begin to drop WAY to long, you die.

Like the idea, am used to it from most other games. unfortunately I reckon most peeps will go 'NERF!' if such a change made it to Horizons. I'd have no objections to it personally, adds to roleplay, immersion, and of course it's more purpose for confectioners. In other words I support your idea but am worried about non-confectioners slamming it as a nerf [img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-6.gif[/img]

LOL yes I totally agree non-confectioner's might see it that way [*-)] BUT, I am only offering food for thought.
    [img]/Web/Themes/Generic/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Ruath wrote: 4) Ambrosia only for DP removal, all other food and drink for survival and/or boosts to stats

Can't agree with this at all... Food and ambrosia for DPTR, alchy potions for stat boosts. If stat bonuses get added to foods other than festival foods, alchemists will cry foul and it will lead to their school needing reexamined too. Like I said already, the DP system needs looking at to make DPTR more of a necessity via food.

They would have no need to cry out IF thought was put into it. As I said there are many areas that could stack the bonuses, and areas that would not conflict with Alchemists. (My alt is confectioner/enchanter/alchemist)

[img]/Web/Themes/Generic/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Ruath wrote: Just my opinion. But these would add to the benefit of confectioners and provide them with a marketable product. Pretty sure some objections will be made to them.

Hehe happy to oblige with the objections, from one conf to another though I gotta say that I always love reading good ideas for our school, the more food for thought the better [img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-5.gif[/img]
    Thank you everso for your comments! Would LOVE to see some of your suggestions too! Maybe next time [:D]

Thread Information