Thread: Hello

AMDowns

Default Hello

Well, don't really know what to say other than I hate being a newbie all over again lol. Tonight was my final night of EQ (played since release). I realized it was time to move on when I saw a certain guild on Fen Ro (I won't name names) Making fun of a new guy for asking a legit question. Out of all the people in PoK I was the only one to answer the guy. I decided EQ is now just uberville and I want no part of it anymore.

So here I am starting over. I do hope this game has the community I have been reading about. Would be a very nice change from EQ. So if you see someone, or something wandering around looking kind of lost and clueless stop and say hi chances are it will be me as I am to stubborn to ask for help 8P

Default Re: Hello

If you're on Chaos toss me a shout on Snowy (my current obsession) or Merriweather (if I happen to be on her which I doubt atm; see Snowy :P). It's always good to meet new people, especially people coming from EQ with eyes wide open. :D

You WILL most definately love the community here. We have our share of unwanteds but I assure you those are few and far between. ;)

Merriweather! I teased you the other day in marketplace channel : ) and said some plot was being turned into a crack house ha ha, remember me? Ooops I hope that doesn't make me an unwanted....: )

I played EQ too and was the first GM of Experience Penalty, which you may have noticed in the EQ forums -- the "starting over" guild on Zebuxoruk a few months ago. That was a very difficult experience (no pun intended) because everyone had such strong opinions about how to play the game. People were really just so incredibly snobby about it and there was such terrible fighting from day one that the guild went from 0 to 200 members back to a handful of active players in a couple of weeks.

The more experienced members really had so little patience with the new players in the guild. When things went wrong, they were very unforgiving and really overly harsh.

I came away feeling that the EQ playerbase as a whole is just kind of...mean. It's like there's always a right way and a wrong way to play the game. But what that way is depends on who you're talking to. Secretly, I think they take their titles (Baron, Baroness etc.) seriously.

Anyhow, welcome to HZ!!! Shameless plug: My guild, Imperial Crusaders, has a solid core of people who've committed themselves to the game and now we'd like to grow to our former glory. Please contact one of us if you are interested in trying us out!

*apologized profusely for taking this alil off topic*

OI! You take your crack houses and keep em away from Rish's plot! Next owner should be a respectable member of society (whatever that means :P).

Actually, Rish's plot is tailored for a dealer. Has an alchy shop. ;)

AMDowns, check your PMs please. :)

Thread Information