Thread: Lower the Reach timer

Default Lower the Reach timer

dear Devs,

Are reach move has been stuck on lvl 4 since game realse and it is are only long range attack, and well it just stinks the timer for it is way to long for the damge output.

so if you can please fix reachto go up to lvl tenor lower its timer.

Default Re: Lower the Reach timer

Dragon's reach is not for damage output. Dragon's reach is for pulling. For that it excells. At least when it's up.

However, I do agree the timer could be reduced, simply because one usually wants to pull much faster then it's recycle allows. A minute would be plenty low. As-is I can't use it for pulling every time. I usually mix and match with other ranged attacks which, for various reasons, aren't as nice as dragon's reach is for pulling.

If you want more long ranged attacks, make a spell with a range tech added (can't remember the official name). I did that and now have a nice spell for pulling when dragon's reach is down.

Reducing the timer of dragon's reach isn't even close to being a major issue with me, but since it was brought up...

Default Re: Lower the Reach timer

Even when Dragon's Reach I was on a shorter timer, it wasn't fast enough (by a small margin), and we didn't have Gold Rage/Silver Strike to further shorten fights back then.

Personally, I use Prime Bolt V with Primal Range V, Accuracy V, and Primal Damage V (Prime Bolt's timer doesn't seem to interfere with Improved Prime Bolt, and I'm glad to loose a little damage for not having to wait 10 seconds to use IPB).

Pros:[*]10 second recycle vs 2 minutes[*]55 range vs 50 range[*]More damage[*]Front-end delay rather than back-end delay, so I can start debuffing before the mob reaches me.[/list]Cons:[*]About 300s worth of comps, if you buy from Nadia, though only the 4 Blue Vexator Fringes are hard to get.[*]Takes 920 points of primal. 840 with just Primal Range V.[/list]
    The one timer I'd like to see adusted is on the Breeze spells. I'd like to see the duration and recycle time doubled, so that there's a reasonable chance that the spell lasts as long as the fight.

Thread Information