Metaniono-Part III

(Apologies to Starlight and Saphire, who both appear in this story. I tried to get their characters as true to form as possible, but know that I missed Saphire?s pretty badly, and don?t think I came to close to Starlight?s. This section was also meant to be role-played out, but we had some difficulty getting all of them on at the same time.)

With the thought of ever ?owing? Tokoz a favor based on friendship still causing his mind to simmer, Draxxis turned to find a new place. That dragon was disgrace. Far too simple minded. He actually believed that friendship was just something that could be given on a whim and that no harm would come of it. Draxxis knew better though. Friendship had to be forged in fire, and even then, you ran the risk of pain later, either from betrayal or loss. The wind took him and his long thoughts clear over to the sandstone quarry near Kion where he could see a familiar Lunus dragon from a distance. Saphire?s color matched her name. Draxxis slowly circled and descended and landed hear the older dragon, who was digging up sandstone and placing it her cargo disk. Near her stood a female saris that the red Draxxis hadn?t noticed during his descent, but knew on site. Most dragons at least knew of Starlight, either by sight or by reputation. Some, like Tokoz and Saphire, were even will to call the disgusting naka-duskael a friend and she was bonded to a dragon: Lonerz. ?Glit?sita Draxxis.? Saphire said without looking up. To say that her greeting was cordial would like calling ice warm. The two dragons shared factions and that was all. Just like Draxxis wished. ?Glit?sita.? He returned, ignoring the saris completely. He really wanted at that moment to just have some company, but didn?t want to admit to not wanting to be alone. Draxxis was trying desperately to find some distraction from the events that seemed to be hitting him from all sides. He didn?t want to think of Community, or Friendship. These were troubling thoughts, and he secretly hoped that a fellow Lunus would be able to take his mind from these things. Saphire it turned out, was a poor choice on his part. Trying to at least sound somewhat interested and encouraging about what she was doing, he asked: ?Are you making scales and supplies for new dragons?? It was something he knew she did from time to time and even slightly admired her for. ?No,? she responded in the same even tone as before, ?I?m helping Starlight make bricks to be used on the new Manor House in Kion.? ?Mew,? Starlight responded, ?It would take so much longer without a dragon to fly them there for the masons to use.? Her voice was friendly, as it almost always was. ?Will you help us, Draxxis?? Saphire gave a start that her friend would even make the offer, and Draxxis stiffened noticeably. ?Be a pack animal for a disgusting and weak saris and her kin?? he almost shouted. ?Mew?? Starlight asked almost loudly, ?You don?t have to help if you don?t want to.? ?Don?t want to?? Draxxis bellowed. ?I serve no naka-duskael or the even the weak Helian if I can help it.? ?That?s true,? Saphire countered immediately, some trace of heat in her voice, although not a welcome warmth at all. ?You only serve yourself, Draxxis.? The red dragon roared loudly and started to take to flight yet again. ?Go and keep yourself company,? Saphire continued. ?You?re the only one that wants it.? With that the mighty Draxxis took to the skies yet again and was out of earshot when Starlight turned to her friend and said. ?Mew?? ?He deserved it.? Saphire said gruffly and the two returned to their work.