Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Agenda for Community Meeting 30 June at 8pm Eastern (Tazoon Arena)

Default Agenda for Community Meeting 30 June at 8pm Eastern (Tazoon Arena)

First off, let me say that alot of good issues have come up in the last 10 days or so. I've been doing my best to listen to all of you and put together things as best I can. Unfortunately, I really need to keep these meetings to one hour if possible. I want them to continue and having them drag on for long periods of time, is not a good way to do that. Zideon might be able to be at this event.He's said he'll try if I send him a reminder. Because of that, I need to leave a good amount of time for the community to ask questions. Because of that, some issues that have brought to my attention will not be brought up at this meeting. This does not mean that I feel they are unimporant issues, it just means that there's a lot of work yet for us to do and we need to take it just a little at a time.

1. Call to order. The chair will be the only one speaking. People that wish to address the community will do a *raises hand* and I will call their name in recongition. Once the floor is open, I will give the floor to the next person in line (based on how it hit my screen). When that person is done, they need to say something like... "I'm done." or "I yield the floor." so that I know we can move on. I'll be covering this again at the start of the meeting. There is no floor discussion until after the first team makes it report. Open discussion is at the end. Questions and comments should only relate to the part of the agenda we are focusing on.

2. World Projects Team Report. I know this one stands to be hammered, but. Give C`gan a chance to propose what he's been working so hard on. The floor will be open after the team makes it's report for comments. Any proposed resolutions will be voted on.

3. Greater New-Player Assistance Team Report. Asteral and Frisco will cover their progress and request needed help. Again the floor will be opened for discussion on the things the team is working on.

4. Events Team. Report and commentary, as well as the team will have first dibs on asking Zideon questions regarding what can/cannot be done. Xerses' role as Team leader will be voted on, with strong recommendation from the chair.

5. Time and Place of the next meeting. I kinda like it so far, but I know there's complaints. If anything I'd like to see it every week until we get going.... So much is changing so fast.

6. Enforcement Team, open discussion. Due to time constraints, we will not form this team during this meeting, we will only discuss it.

7. Swythe Quirksettle will be voted to see if he will fill the position of Board Fire Extinquisher permanently.

8. Rights to executive appointments. I've made a few and I'd really like the community's input on that.

9. Open forum with Zideon and his pink unicorn... I have a unicorn just like that actually, but I don't sleep with it at work... I do have a small beany baby skunk I use as part of my PTSD therapy and to get it out of the way while I was working I tossed it on my shoulder and took my medicine... A few minutes later the Sergeant Major for the State of Utah walked into my office to find me in uniform, asleep with a small skunk on my shoulder... (That's a side note, not part of the agenda.)

Please feel free to add items to this, but realize that they will more than likely be discussed at the next meeting.

Default Re: Agenda for Community Meeting 30 June at 8pm Eastern (Tazoon Arena)

Please help me put the word out in the different channels, so that as many people as possible are able to make it. :)

I usually hit Dragon and Marketplace a few times, but hitting them again won't hurt.

*sighs sadly*

Due to RL evernts that just recentlyu (last few minutes) came about I will be unable to attend the meeting tommorrow night.

Note that I am pretty peeved about this and upset as I was so looking forward to being at the meeting and being active and such as that. I am in the Community channel though. But I want to extend my apology to several others who I sid I would see at the meeting on Thursday - no way in heck I can make it by the time its over.

There will be other members of Kier Chet there to let me know how it went and to offer up their ideas or whatever.

So here's hoping for the third meeting! FINALLY then maybe I can make it! #*$&((#$

I'm sorry to hear that too Frith. :(

You've seen the agenda though, and if there's any issues you want brought up during that or the general discussion afterwards, please send me a PM or email or pass it on to a guildie.

I wish there was a time that we could guarentee that the whole community could make it. :(

For the next meeting could we have anyone that is interested post what days and times for those days that they might be available during the week of the next meeting?
    Xerses 100 Dragon Adventurer / 100 Dragon Crafter
    28 million hoard and counting...
    Yamir Onimar 100 Warrior / 100 Cleric / 84 Druid / 37 Mage

Might want to add the introductions again, for those who weren't able to make it last time.

Erus Ex Universitas -- Erus Ex Istaria Guild Home

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is not complete. -- 3. Start something new.

Kael Morbane

Iono....may not be wise if I showup then....I am loud and obnoxious.....right Plink?

Xerses,
    What I was thinking of doing forthat problemis start holding the meeting every week, and then alternate the day between Wednesday and Thursday. Hopefully that will get the maximum number. Monday's and Tuesdays are out for me.

well I know you guys will post the minutes here - RIGHT!!

And actually What is the "Enforcement" team about exactly? I'm glad you will have discussion on it and I"m hoping this discussion can continue here in the forums - since I have no clue what to comment onsomething I'm not sure what they're doing ;).

And uhh...if a vote's called for Xerses I vote for him...course..if there's a challenge I have no idea who that is. ;).

And I personally can be on in the game any night of the week - its not that thursday's are "right out". Its just I foudn out Wednesday (err yesterday) that Thursday (today) suddenly became right out.

I WILL be on later after the meeting, and I'll be in the community channel - just knowing I'm going to dinner with my boss half an hour before the meeting starts - somehow I don't think I"ll get there till a bit after the meeting is over [:P]

edit: I just thought of something that might need to be brought up. I discussed it briefly with Xerses the other night, but its up to you guys seriously wether its brought up or not. It might not be the best *cough* way.

It concerns the recent Order RP thread in "Rants" (I know a few of you know what I'm talking about) and Zideon making an appearnce in this meeting. I know some would like that ahh "rant" settled with firm rules - one way or the other. Zideon posted saying he would get back to us and never did.

I personally sent him a PM three weeks ago asking him to either answer me, or post in that thread - it has gone at least three weeks with no response what so ever.

Now - wether you want to bring up his ahh "mistake" in not answering that thread or giving a satisfactory response at the meeting - when he's there doing us a favor and possibly going to do us some more favors if we can get events going - well there are pros and cons to that.

As I explained to Xerses when he suggested I might bring that up - I don't want it (the community) to turn into a Dev/TG bash about responsiblities or communication. I do NOT want Zideon to feel negativity or insulted or put on the spot when (IF) he actuallyu shows up and volunteers his time to try and help us. So I rather felt it probably wasn't the right place to address it - and posibly it may never be addressed.

I feel we're basically going to be asking Favors from Zideon for the community, and certainly harranging him about not responding to a thread, no matter what he said he would do - would NOT be the best way to get those favors accomplished.

BUT - if others of you feel it IS something that needs to be worked out one way or hte other, please feel free to bring up not only that the thread remains unresolved (and so the RP issues remains unresolved), but also that he has been Pmed personally and failed to respond even after prompting.

You guys decide if you want to bring that up - I wasn't going to myself because I feel it might get too hostile or something given the touchy subject. But since I won't be there I'm leaving this out there for you, the communittee attendeees to decide :).

((And because I'm wondering if "enforcement" team has something to do with RP - and if it does boy I DO have a lot of comments about just..ahh..how that shoudl or should NOT go.))

*passes the ball quite effectively* ;)

Frith-Rae,
    I would rather that this issue be handle civilly, as a community, than have TG be involved at all. I realize that Zideon said he'd be back to us on it, but to be honest, whenever Tulga has had to take a stand on things like that, someone's feelings are bound to get hurt.
    I honestly believe that the situation can be resolved within the community.

But not at this meeting. The agenda is too full and I worry, as do you, that it would not be a good time, this being a really nice opportunity for Zideon to see the community in action, to have a rag fest.

The enforcement team, in order to understand what's happening on that, you would have had to read the agenda to the first meeting, which, since even I didn't know this would get this big this fast, its not surprising that not many read it.

During beta, apparently it was common to have players enforce certain rules. In other words, RPing, bad name issues, "camping" issues, etc... were often resolved in a "vigilante" style. I don't approve of this extreme and think that it can get out of hand very quickly, but it has been proposed that we discuss as a community, ways that we can better enforce shard rules.
    Done carefully and tactfully, a team charged with this would, I feel 1) increase the enjoyment of the game for many who have had to deal with the rare (very rare in Horizons compared to other nameless games) let's call them, non-community minded individual.
    2) It allows the community to actually discuss and determine proper conduct andinact in-game penalties for bad conduct.
    If done properly, it can resolve many issues that I've seen TG faced with.
    Personally though, I believe the chance for abuse is too high, but that's a decision best left to the community. I propose everything that is presented to me, whether I agree with it or not. That is part of my job, as I see it.

Well its worst than i could have imagined, i tried to push back the date but can't do so any longer. I won't be able to attend the meeting after all im afraid :( I'll be gone for the next nine days packin and shipping to florida. Cya till then

Should I print out your original proposal and use that as the team's report?

The vote can still happen, but the report is a bit of an issue without you. :(

Include that this is to be teired based, i can also say that the different battlefields can be used for these: t6 battles at the northern end of the easternd deadlands where nothing roams there, t5 battles south west of morning light in that unoccupided battle field area, t4 battles around somewhere like old rachival or aug battle field, t3 battles i think in the northern deadlands (plenty of space up there), t2 battles to be waged maybe in and around the deadpool, t1 to be fought on LA in the LA deadlands.
    They can be cleared of their normal spawns and have event spawns. Generals can be assigned to either side and that the battles can be won on two conditions, all the enemy troops are defeated or that the general is killed. The different teirs is to make sure everyone is involved in defending. after these battles, the outcomes can affect nearby cities, for example if the t6 battle was lost and the gifted forced to retreat, then either morning light, falthatien, or harro can come under seige and be taken over. This can be repeated until all those towns are taken then they move west to the new battlefield and start t5 battles there. The eligibility to join these battles is restricted to the highest tier that can join. for example if there was a t4 battle going on, teirs 1-3 can also be eligable to join in and it goes on down to where only t1 battles can be fought by t1 players.
    Also siege weapons can be employed with having greater view distances during the battle and treating these ammuntions fired from the catupults, trebuches, and ballistas as long range aoe spells or arrows over 200m for range. the siege weapons can have around 10k hp and have armor as well, they can be in stationary position and cant target anything closer than 50m. Then the crews of the siege weapons would have to engage to repel attackers. the general would have to be protected at all costs or else it would make an automatic win for the other side. balistas can target the airborne threats while the trebuches and catapults attack the ground based enemies. siege weapons on the gifted's side would also function as a friendly npc.
    Several standard troop npcs can be spawned and be talked to decide their pattern or behavior during the battle, weather we recieve healers, warriors or druids as backup they can be told to do things such as root incoming attackers, assault the enemy position, or heal players during the fight. These npcs can also be told to follow and help ward off any enemies on the players as they make their way to the enemies' side of the battle field.
    During off days random city raids can be conducted to kill or kidnap NPCs for that city if the attackers are allowed to go undisturbed. The NPCs that are killed cannot be respawned or can't be resurrected for that entire day until12 hours after the attack took place.
    This would be a generalization of the idea that you can present during the meeting.

Zideon Locke

I will be more than happy to discuss the RP thread later today.

That's your choice of course, Zideon.

*glares his evil pixie glare* I'm sure the community will be able to discuss this in a civil manner... :)

Quote Originally Posted by Zideon Locke
    I will be more than happy to discuss the RP thread later today.
    Promise?

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is not complete. -- 3. Start something new.

Poor guy didn't get a chance, and I'll take the blame for that. But I thought the meeting went rather well... I think though next time, we should separate TG from community meetings for two reasons:
    1. No doubt through most of that, they were bored out of their skulls. (Except Manga, the self appointed community jester, who outdid even Swythe with antics.)
    2. The community had many questions for them, more than I even anticipated. Of course, I thought we were just getting a World Master, not the whole of TG... (I'm told Amon was on vacation.)

Definately something that needs to be worked on....
    And I'm no it in a big way already.

Three quick things:
    First, apology for speaking out of turn. Things were a little nuts around the house and I forgot there was someone in line ahead of me. My fault!
    Second, see #1, I had to leave the meeting immediately after that due to RL. People usually mean well, but man are they stupid sometimes. ;p I just don't want anyone to think I said my bit and then stormed off... I wanted to be there!
    Third, see #2. For those of us who couldn't make it / left early, can anyone post a log of the meeting? Thanks!
    kitty: 48 Mage 22 Healer + others
    80 MIN 65 GTH 69 TNK 70 MSN 55 SPL
    41 BLK 41 SCH 47 CRP 38 JWL + others
    dragon: 91 adv, 100 craft, 22 lair
    elf: 49 ELAR, 31 Healer, 51 Fitter + others

Oh, so they had a dev chat instead?

Of course, I couldn't make it at that time. I really wish the time could be pushed back at least an hour. 8PM EDT is a little early in the evening for some of us. 9PM would be much better.

I think I would like to petition to have discussions and votes in the offline forums rather than online.

If you really want all of the community involved, I think it would be best since not everyone can make it to meetings in-game at a specific time, but everyone can find time to check the forums.

Thread Information