Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Agenda for Community Meeting 30 June at 8pm Eastern (Tazoon Arena)

Default Re: Agenda for Community Meeting 30 June at 8pm Eastern (Tazoon Arena)

Quote Originally Posted by Tokoz
    Poor guy didn't get a chance, and I'll take the blame for that. But I thought the meeting went rather well... I think though next time, we should separate TG from community meetings for two reasons:
    1. No doubt through most of that, they were bored out of their skulls. (Except Manga, the self appointed community jester, who outdid even Swythe with antics.)
    2. The community had many questions for them, more than I even anticipated. Of course, I thought we were just getting a World Master, not the whole of TG... (I'm told Amon was on vacation.)

Definately something that needs to be worked on....
    And I'm no it in a big way already.
    Tokoz please read my post in this forum under the ThankYou thread.

But yes, these meetings were not designed to be Dev Interviews by Anyone who shows up. I know that wasn't the thought going into it when Zideon was invited, and while I think its FANTASTIC all the devs showed up - although I wasn't there it sounds like it turned into something that really wasn't what it was going for.

I'm not even sure the devs will be doing this ever again anyway :). But if we get more than one dev interested then yes I think TG "Q&A" sessiosn should be entirely seperate from what the Communittee meetings are trying to accomplish. I do hope Zideon will remain active and part (if not at the meetings at least stayon hand and easily contacted) of these functions as yes, to pull off what the RP event Committee would like to pull off would need a worldmod's cooperation.

I can't wait to hear about what I missed and see some of those screenies though :).

But in the end, I got into a few "discussions" with people about 1-there is an agenda posted on the meeting if they felt other things needed to get discussed they had ample time to add to/suggest things with the agenda and 2-the communitee meeting is not to be a "get answers from TUlga time" about all of everyone's issues.

And you'd be surprised, Malt, how many players gripe about such things who never bother to read the forums. Which of course is always an excellent way to end the griping "did you read the forums? Well then maybe you need to start...." :)

Actually Frith,

I don't have any hard promises on it yet, but TG is definately interested in the next meeting as well. :)

Has a meeting log been posted yet? Someone in-game mentioned it would be happening...

Levity posted some of it in the general forum.

We're waiting on the government-style procurement of a log parser to get the rest of it, though.[*-)][:P]
    Erus Ex Universitas -- Erus Ex Istaria Guild Home

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is not complete. -- 3. Start something new.

Unforunately, the developers had to leave before then. 9pm Eastern is 6pm Arizona time. That would be a little past quitting time to them. DB made them leave by that time, although a few did stick around for the fun of it. :)

Like I promised, here's the pictures I took of the meeting. [:)]

I've got to get ready for my daughter's birthday, so I'm just giving you a link to the whole album instead of separate links to each picture. Enjoy!

Pictures from the 2nd Community Meeting [~] http://www.azuretwilight.com/gallery...s.php?album=12

Nellie Lovett/Ochre Tekton
    of Azure Twilight in Carmo on Order
    English doesn't borrow from other languages. English follows other languages down dark alleys, knocks them over & goes through their pockets for loose grammar. -=Paraphased from James Nicoll=- Unicorn's Lady's Dalliance

Quote Originally Posted by Pharcellus
    Levity posted some of it in the general forum.

We're waiting on the government-style procurement of a log parser to get the rest of it, though.[img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-42.gif[/img][img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-4.gif[/img]
    Why wait? Use this:

http://www.omegawolfstudios.com/prod...g_Reader.shtml

It's what I used. It works really well.

-Levity

EDIT: Darn it, for some reason the link won't work for me, so it might not for you. Just cut and paste, or go to Gilresk's original post (which I have bumped and which maybe should be stickied). -Lev

As I posted elsewhere, >I< didn't NEED a program, >I< needed a log. If I had been there, I could've posted the ******** thing in about 5 minutes.

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is not complete. -- 3. Start something new.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokoz
    Actually Frith,

I don't have any hard promises on it yet, but TG is definately interested in the next meeting as well. [img]/Web/emoticons/emotion-1.gif[/img]
    woo great!

However my concerns still stand about 1-turning this into a Q&A for devs vs. a Community Meeting. Chaos doesn't get a piece of any of this - unless the devs are now going to be holding regular "in game interviews".

Seems like to me that the kind of talk the devs partook of in the last meeting would be better suited, and more well received by ALL the game participants, if they held an official "Dev Chat Interview" On IRC Or wahtever, where a thread was there to submit questions by players in the hopes of some being answered. That way it would be more Tulga controlled, much more orderly (You know once word of this gets out and you hint about them being at the next meeting you're going to have probably over a hundred of them trying to ask Game Mechanic and development questions...)

Perhaps what is needed if THAT is their goal - is a simple series of dev Q&A interviews.

Or perhaps if the devs do show up, there as someone else suggested, DOES need to be a seperate meeting of other "run of the mill" community issues and team reports.

I just see this possibly getting ugly as it sometimes does on the forums, and I don't want the devs catching more flack than they already have for "selective communicaton" There is already a crowd of flack over "Why are you using IRC to distribute this information and not just releasing it publically" and I would fear more bad feelings created on an "Order vs. Chaos" involvement thing - and also a "My question didn't get acknolwedged in order" or "That's not an issue, that's low on priority why aren't you asking bout xyz".

In a more formal Q&A/Interivew/IRC interview panel (as others games and this one has done in the past - often what you see in beta games) would give everyone equal opportunity or "luck of the draw" that they feel the devs are being equal with the whole community.

Also I don't want the entire purpose of what the Community Team and Channel to be overshadowed or for people to think that you've got a byline to the devs, or that this is a team to address the game mechanic or patch or "broken promises" issues.

I THINK ITS GREAT that the devs are intersted in coming straight out with us in game, and giving us new goodies to drool over and answering questions - please don't mistake me.

But I don't want this to flare up and die over bad feelings and miscommunication about 1-what these meetings are for/what these players are trying to do and 2-Tulga/AE being an entirely seperate entity from that.

I hope that made sense :). I saw it starting to happen with the last meeting and I've heard a few comments from some of the team members (as well as Tokoz comment that he doens't work for Tulga) about some flack they are getting from others about things they really have no control over, nor did they ever take on some of the repsonsiblities they are being blamed for not accomplishing.

((I.e. that the communittee team is somehow responsible/taking on the task of directly communicating with the devs the player base's issues with the game - or that the communittee MEETINGS are designed to be open forum Q&A with the devs. I've already got several requests from a few dragons who think Dragons need to have a seperate meeting so that the devs will answer THEIR issues. Because "their" Issues were not addressed enough at the last one (like they autoassume the devs would be obliged to showup...)

And I'm sorry but that is NOT wht I understand the purpose of this "Communitee Team" to be. This team's Purpose as I undersatnd it is to get some organization for the PLAYERS and what they can do RIGHT NOW to engage in activites in the game - i.e. the world building, and holding RP events - for the players, by the players))

I'm working on a few options on this. I've heard the concerns and I'm doing my best to work things out.

However,

It's too early to know for sure which direction things are going. I can say this. The next community meeting WILL be more community meeting and less developer chat.

Dragons as a whole, are welcome to use the same method I used to organize a Q&A. I didn't do anything special. I set a meeting time for the community and sent in a feedback inviting TG to come.

If the dragon community would like me to put that together, I'd be happy to. Just give the word.

Agreed 100%, Frith. That's what I have been saying as well.

Thread Information