It was just supposed to be a little side comment to see if people were actually reading the agenda, but I've gotten enough personal response that I guess I need to tell the whole story, even though it's not as exciting as seems from the post.

First off, the picture of Zideon sleeping with a pink unicorn on his chest is in Chatter, some thread about RL pictures or something. It's near the back and I'm not sure yet if it's him or not, because he hasn't responded. :(

The Skunk.

Yes, I really do keep a small stuffed skunk with me most times. Part of treatment for PTSD is to have an item you can focus on if you start having a panic attack. I collect skunks, so I picked one from my collection and that has become my focus item. It's kind of fun in real life, because I'll stop some places and just start staring at the skunk and people back away from me, like I was crazy or something... I don't understand... :p :p :p

I work at the Utah Joint Forces Headquarters for the National Guard as a chaplain's assistant. Because of my condition, the chaplain's and my offices are reversed. He has the reception area and I have the back office.

I take medications for my PTSD, one of which is basically a tranquilizer of sorts. I take mild doses of it to prevent panic attacks, but the side effect is that it can make me rather sleepy.

Ok, that's what you need to know to understand what happens next. The skunk is on my desk and it's in the way of some paperwork I'm working on, so I pick it up and place it on my shoulder so it's out of the way.

A few moments (minutes, hours, I have no idea!) later I wake up to see the Sergeant Major for the State of Utah looking right at me, but he's talking to my chaplain. I awake with a start and try to appear like I haven't been sleeping, but I know the man didn't get to be State Sergeant Major and not know how to tell if a soldier is sleeping on the job.. I lean forward suddenly, mostly to look busy, but I've forgotten that I have a stuffed skunk on my shoulder. It flies off and lands near the Sergeant Majors feet.

Ok, that's a longer version of what I posted in the agenda. The rest of the story, that everyone's asking for is really boring...

The sergeant major said absolutely nothing and left the office pretty soon after. He never spoke to me or my chaplain about it. If I'd been awake just a few moments earlier, I wonder if he would have had the same look on his face that I see people have when I'm staring at my skunk....