Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Has it helped?

Default Has it helped?

Many of you know about and are partaking in the ongoing campaign to gain Unity some proper support from GN. So now I am curious, after a few weeks of the campaign, has it helped? Has Unity seen any change in the services they are recieving from GN at all? Is the campaign "working as intended" or is a blind eye being turned to it?

I am NOT in any hurry to end this campaign as I feel it is extremely important to our community and the Unity shard specifically. But I am concerned that if it is having no effect whatsoever in helping Unity then maybe we need to try another, different approach?

Please let us know how Unity fairs currently so we can know whether we should bolster our efforts with the banner campaign or find a new strategy altogether.

Thanks!

Mikey

Default Re: Has it helped?

What is this campaign? Sorry I am new to the forums and don't know what Unity is, can you please explain?

Sorry, the post has fallen to the second page but here is the link:

My appeal to the community at large...

Not much change in the communication level I think. Luca was around for the patch a while but disapeared again.

On an upnote it seems that some of the "less" desirable players that have caused others grief have disapeared, but if that is due to the actions of GN I do not know.
    Uroloki Chaos (Unity)(ice)

Quote Originally Posted by Uro
    On an upnote it seems that some of the "less" desirable players that have caused others grief have disapeared, but if that is due to the actions of GN I do not know.
    That was an action by GN, I know[;)]

Joaqim - Multiclassed God on Unity
    "I'm Immortal, I'm Glorious, I'm Supreme, I'm My Saviour"

Beleenda - Goddess of Melee
    "Kill 'em all, let God sort them out"

At the moment Luca is often in the IRC Chat.

What i know that it happened: Some Unity accounts had been suspended (seems it had been that accounts that some other players had complaints about).

But most open support cases had been left untouched.
    Cerjar de Viejalcazaba - Paladin
    Rahskha - Ranger
    Farandor - Ancient Helian Dragon

...Realm of Unity...

Had my first ticket response in the last 5 months just last week. Nothing serious, they took the time to ask if emblems were working after shard maintenance (still not working for most Unity players btw).

Worldmaster events are still non-existent.

Communication received some praise from me during the shard software upgrade, but we're now back to minimal contact and whatever is said by Luca (Game Network's community liaison) is basically lacking in content. As an example, take a read of the following topic : http://forum.gnonline.net/showthread.php?t=13550. This is pretty much standard when dealing with GN communications. We are not really told anything solid, this concept of being told that there's no new news is a standard response that I for one have grown a little weary of hearing.

There was a discussion on the GN forums regarding support for all their games. It's safe to say that from the responses I perused, the two games with the biggest percentage of GN's customers get the best support, but even then there are many complaints aimed at the support of those two games. There was also a poll in the same forum to determine GN's most popular games. Horizons came bottom of the list [:(] Maybe the lack of players on Unity compared to other games GN host is why the support situation is the way it is ?

You asked if it has helped. Had you asked at the time of the recent shard upgrade (including the new Lesser Aradoth) then I would have been inclined to say 'yep, they're making an effort', but now that a bit of time has passed I can't give them any major credit just for the actions of one day.

Edit : It seems I provoked Luca into a response. I don't like having to provoke people, but if it works for getting details out of Luca, then I'll stick at it.

GN is not the only problem here.

When the game that is being played by both GN and Tulga stops then we will see some progress on truely supporting a EU playerbase.

You should be petitioning Tulga as well.

This isn't about GN and Tulga's relationship. This is about getting straightforward low-level support from Game Network.

When you go into a grocery store and comment on an apple you bought that had a couple of worms in it, you don't expect total silence from the shopkeeper just because he or she is having problems with the supplier of the apples.

Quote Originally Posted by Tzael
    This isn't about GN and Tulga's relationship. This is about getting straightforward low-level support from Game Network.

When you go into a grocery store and comment on an apple you bought that had a couple of worms in it, you don't expect total silence from the shopkeeper just because he or she is having problems with the supplier of the apples.
    No its much more complicated than saying GN sucks rocks ( which they do ). Either way though in the end if you really want to keep it simple... its a numbers games. How much profit if that do you believe GN is making ? how much would they have with dedicating the single largest expense ( payroll) being added to support the game ?

Stuck right in the middle are those loyal supporters on Unity. Low level support indeed. Its never going to happen with GN. As said there are bigger things going on here. Hope you folks get it resolved.

As far as this campaign. An honorable undertaking. But if the goal was to get GN to listen this was not the place to conduct it cause they never read these boards anyway. However getting Tulga to listen and take this issue seriously contract or no ( its the right thing to do) this would be the place to do it. I'm sure they could do something if they cared.

Ophelea

Quote Originally Posted by Tryagain

As far as this campaign. An honorable undertaking. But if the goal was to get GN to listen this was not the place to conduct it cause they never read these boards anyway. However getting Tulga to listen and take this issue seriously contract or no ( its the right thing to do) this would be the place to do it. I'm sure they could do something if they cared.
    On this one I know from discussions in interviews behind closed doors that I unfortunately am NDA'd on, that with Tulga it's not a matter of caring at all...it's all contractural. They don't have the right to simply step on GN's toes.

There's legal recourse, but Tulga has to be in a certain position and GN has to break certain contractural obligations before Tulga can do anything. Remember, Unity is owned by Artifact, not Tulga.

It's not a great solution for those on Unity with high-level, long-term characters but Tulga did make it possible for European players to play on the US shards...unfortunately, they can't transfer their characters.

It's a band-aid at best...but a band-aid that was needed.

Tulga should call one of those injury lawyers on behalf of themselves and the EU subcribers.

Quote Originally Posted by Ophelea
    Remember, Unity is owned by Artifact, not Tulga.
    o.O That was just a mistake right?

Horizons Empire

Ophelea

Quote Originally Posted by Thorgat
    [img]/Web/Themes/default/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Ophelea wrote: Remember, Unity is owned by Artifact, not Tulga. o.O That was just a mistake right?
    From a business perspective (and before everyone starts bashing Bowman he doesn't own Tulga AT ALL he just works there) it makes perfect sense. Trying to manage "across the pond" when the product was at its worst and the contracts were/are still in place with Game Network any company that was monetizing Horizons would have been foolish unless they were the size of Sony to go and buy both.

So...was it a mistake? Not for Tulga. Was it a mistake for Horizons? Well...I won't give my opinion but we've all seen the result. Tulga DID make it possible for ANYONE to play on US shards, that should tell you something. I'm trying very hard not to break my NDA and not get Tulga in trouble by saying something I shouldn't.

Let me leave it at this. Tulga and Bowman specifically have concerns about the Untiy shard. And if I say more, I'm going to get a phone call.

Tulga and Bowman specifically have concerns about the Untiy shard.
    Well that's at least something positive on TGs end. It is from a third party source of course but seeing I've never known Ophelea to blow hot air I'm inclined to believe it. Some confirmation from TG would be nice but I really don't see it coming as that is company inner workings and really is none of our business unless something is resolved.

I was thinking, maybe we should kick the campaign up a notch and take the banner campaign to GNs forums? Do they allow for banner signatures there? If so I encourage ANY AND ALL players currently partaking in the campaign who also have forum accounts on the GN boards to take up the banner there as well.

EDIT: Went to the forums and I see banners are not allowed on GNs forums but some players have already saw fit to put the slogan into their sigs. I'm VERY pleased to see that and hope others follow suit. :)

oldest unanswered case is 100+ days old.
    critical case is 2 weeks unanswered now.
    time until i leave 25 days from now. with this kind of support i will not make a new payment.
    emails, cases, forum ... all the same for me. no one cares
    Enisha Dryad 190/234 Caster (retired)
    Enix Dryad 165/100 Heavy Melee (retired)
    Enigma Dragon 100/92 Helian (retired)

Unity

Quote Originally Posted by Thorgat
    Remember, Unity is owned by Artifact, not Tulga.
    o.O That was just a mistake right?
    From a business perspective (and before everyone starts bashing Bowman he doesn't own Tulga AT ALL he just works there) it makes perfect sense. Trying to manage "across the pond" when the product was at its worst and the contracts were/are still in place with Game Network any company that was monetizing Horizons would have been foolish unless they were the size of Sony to go and buy both.

So...was it a mistake? Not for Tulga. Was it a mistake for Horizons? Well...I won't give my opinion but we've all seen the result. Tulga DID make it possible for ANYONE to play on US shards, that should tell you something. I'm trying very hard not to break my NDA and not get Tulga in trouble by saying something I shouldn't.

Let me leave it at this. Tulga and Bowman specifically have concerns about the Untiy shard. And if I say more, I'm going to get a phone call.
    Hm.
    Thanks for clarifying that, explains a few things.
    Pity that Tulga doesn't offer multi-language support, international billing and they can't copy the chars including property over to one of the NA shards. Maybe that would make two sides happier in the end.

Horizons Empire

helped?

i fear not

we still have the security certificate problem

we are told to have 1 WM named Triss (never seen this guy, i dont think he has done anything the last 6 month)

Luca (the other guy working for GN Horzions) posts every week 1 times at their boards (sometimes only all 2 weeks 1 time)

events? nope, only the old ones with attacks on some towns

the problem is that GN cant decide anything! i asked GN to spawn Khar sometimes after i read that at NA spawned mass groups of him. Luca told me that they need the agreement from Tulga to do this sort of things :(

support tickets? hehe dont write them, you wont get an answer the next month, i still wait for my tickets since 3 month without any answer on them :(

i dont like to be the sarcastic guy always moaning and harassing GN but i feel like a reporter stressing politicans till they react or do something.

Hey Vlisson, you don't moan or harass anybody.

You just simply tell it as it is and ask the questions that I bet many other players would like answered.

Rainbow

@Rainbow thanks to know that, i feared that im a unpopular nag ^^

@snowdonia we dont get infos about the plot reclamation, GN havent sent even a eMail to their users :(

i think we will get any plot reclamation in 3 month [:P]

Thread Information