Quote Originally Posted by DocMoriarty
Novians made sense in the context of the merge to avoid players loosing everything from their plot. NOVIANS have special rules to fullfil this functionality which DON'T MAKE SENSE IN THE CURRENT GAME !!

If you want a return from deconstructing a structure, make it RESOURCE NODES returning part of the raw materials that have been used to construct the building. This is then pretty much more like in reality, because in reality what you get as return is a huge pile of junk, mostly and not lazy player applyable high quality construction material like novians.

These nodes should spawn in a line right outside the plot near the plot marker and each node knows how many resources it contains. And only a crafter with the appropriate skills can use the material from these nodes and recreate whatever can be created with stone, metal, cloth and essence resources. Actually any crafter that passes along (har har, i hear the whiners again !!)

Now how about that idea ? I'd like this pretty much better than unrealistic economy-ruining novians. What a bad idea, catering to a handful of professional whiners, is my guess. And it perfectly solves the space problem, that return of any type of material into the vault or inventory of a player would involve.

Simply put..if I tear down my house I do NOT get logs, ore, petroleum (plastics), sand (glass), etc. I get some 2x4s, 2x6s,plywood,glass,electrical wire. However, I will not get back enough to build another house as some material is always destroyed. I will not get the proper materials to build a newer style or bigger house either. I will not get the materials to build a car from tearing down my house.

No the way Smeglor is doing it with Novians makes perfect sense to me, moreso then returning raw resources does.