Thread: Easy to change movement options + 1

Jazcat

Default Easy to change movement options + 1

* enable the usage and binding of the left and rightSIDE buttons on the mouse

* create an optional feature that makes you run forward when both mouse buttonsare held, then it'll be possible to do nearly everything by just using the mouse. Ive always used it in other mmorpgs and miss it a lot in HZ.

Another one I just thought of that'll make gathering life easier

* make resource nodes targetable via a hotkey like "target closest enemy" key

Default Re: Easy to change movement options + 1

Quote Originally Posted by Jazcat
    * make resource nodes targetable via a hotkey like "target closest enemy" key
    Won't happen. Doing this enables afk crafting macroing.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowdonia Honeythorn
    [img]/Web/Themes/default/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Jazcat wrote:* make resource nodes targetable via a hotkey like "target closest enemy" key
    Won't happen. Doing this enables afk crafting macroing.
    And we'll also never have a way to open the loot window through the keyboard. Oops.... And yes, for the record, I did a test, and was able to macro killing and looting something, and even harvest it (was practicing on golems). Wasn't perfect, but I was just experimenting since I don't pay to let my computer play games.

I never understood the reluctance about this. After all, it's not like there's any reliable way to macro "move to selected node" unless you're into the code up to your elbows, and at that point the lack of a hotkey isn't that big of an issue. Even if there was, congratulations, you just macroed a way to gather ONE load of resources, good luck macroing going back to the machine to do something with them (again, if you can do this, you're probably hacking the client to the point that all the info you need is there anyway).

Quote Originally Posted by kengar
    And we'll also never have a way to open the loot window through the keyboard. Oops....
    Yup, and I still feel this was a stupid move instead of just leaving /dwm in. If they make another stupid move and enable a /snr (select nearest resource) command then I know this game is heading nowhere but downhill as it will become nothing but a macro haven. If I want(ed) that I woulda just stayed in EQ.

Thread Information