Thread: Mobs running away

Default Mobs running away

It came to my attention that in groups, if the lowest rating biped is "perched" on a wall, even if the others pull the mobs, the mobs will always run away. Yesterday a Dragon lvl 56 was asking to be powerleveled on elnathin market chan, I told him that if he d do so all the agro would run to him and he would get a nice DP collection ( and that PL is for whiners ). He said to me he done it before, he just need to fly up and mobs dont run away even since the latest patch. Is that true ? can someone confirm or infirm this ? If it is true it MUST be fixed, there are enough powerleveled people we dont need more lamers.
    Ishar Xhaan => Ishar_Wind Xhaan => Imrryr Xhaan Lunus Destroyer
    and his biped slave KalTorak XhaanSlave Ice Disciple
    == Ancient Order Of Istarian Knights ==

Default Re: Mobs running away

i never tried it but i fear it works :(

TG please fix this

It does work... when im out fighting with my bfs dragoni usually fly into the air to heal or i fly in the air to watch friends while they fight. Sometimes you get the odd monster float up into the air when they are going for you but they eventually go for the person on the ground.

Your always going to have powerlvling, ive talked to a few who have stacked up plently of death points just to lvl faster. So far the most DP total ive heard of is 44.
    "If you meet Buddha, Kill Buddha. If you meet your ancestor, kill your ancestor. Attached to nothing, bound by nothing. Live life for the sake of life itself." - Genjo Sanzo, G. Saiyuki
    <--------------------------//------------------------>
    Nitestorm: 100 Dragon/100 Craft (Chaos)
    Nitefyre: 90 Mage/60 Knoc

any news from TG if this would be fixed ?

baldarou

As an example to contribute, me (100dragon) and twelvebagger were grouped in the yew forest. He decided to try and kill Thistleface. After I scouted around I located him and sent the call to 12. He shows up as I am hovering nearby, buffs up and tells me to fly away so he can kill him. I didnt quite understand why he would ask that since I was just flying and would not be able to affect the battle, so I conveniently ignored him. I learned an important lesson at that time, twelvebagger should never be ignored on fighting tactics, he is usually always dead on. So he engages with me hovering nearby, and lo and behold, Thistle goes for me. He doesn't of course hit me, but just tries to get to me. As he is stuck below me, 12bagger is able to just wail on him with impunity. This is what I think may be happening elsewhere as well. It has to do with the new rating system where the mobs put so much more preference in attacking a groupmate of similar rating to themselves then the guys doing the most damage. I then decided I was being detrimental to his ability to kill TF, so I decided to fly away, without saying anything. Maybe he would think I read the chat late heh. As soon as I left the field out of range, TF went to 12bagger, and layed him down with a well placed branch scrape. He could have won without a problem had I not been there. Btw 12's rating is 204 and mine is 100 in this situation. The weight placed on attacking a lower rating player is currently too high, even higher than anti-perch aggro. If it needs to change should be up to those implementing this entire aggro change. Good luck, this is only a example.

(btw sorry 12)

Quote Originally Posted by gopher65
    I know 1 person on Life who had 170+ DP, and one person on chaos who had 215+ DP.
    I've heard of people gaining 70-80+ on Bounty during the Morning Light Lt. attacks. That was quite a while ago though....
    Explorer 80%
    Killer 46%
    Achiever 40%
    Socializer 33%

The agrro system in place on the live shards now is bugged...they need to remove it untill they get it fixed. Its starting to drive people off!!!
    -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=-
    100/100 Dragon
    Following the Path of Lunus
    Journeyman Lairshaper
    -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=-

Unfortunately Baldarou nailed it head on. A while backI was gathering dire wolf skulls and a guildie dragon came down to get some exp, at firstI had a hell of a time trying to keep her alive as I couldn't keep the pack on me so she took to hovering. Lo and beholdI could take them all out without getting hit. mebbe by one or 2 oddballs. so it is very easy to powerlevel with an adult dragon handy. Also, there is no dragon that can possibly have a higher rating than me, so ifI were to decide to need powerleveling, all I would need to do is call on a lvl 100 dragon, park on a hill and find something to do for a few hours. this agro system makes it too easy to powerlevel now.
    Tempus fugit, memento mori.

Seems like the devs have tried to make this games agro system too much like the other mmorpg's on the market... problem being - the game was never ment to act in this manner, changing it also kinda removes part of the uniquness horizons had at launch..
    Playing since release.
    4th to complete RoP.
    Purely Lunus.
    Dragor Firestrike - (Nobody to play with.)

The agro system has a huge number of bugs, its just made way too simplistic to really work. For example, take a high level puller, the puller runs back into range of a group, the first group member is lower ranked, so the mobs move to them. As the mobs move closer they find an even lower ranked player, could be a leacher, so they go and attack the leacher...
    Now that seems great, they kill the leacher, but the mobs are too far away, and turn back to the mid guy, but then see the leacher again and run to the leach, but the leacher is too far... and back and forth, making it very easy to do a lot of damage with no risk.
    If the mobs had half a brain and not the most simplistic agro AI there is, these exploits wouldn't work.

StormSpirit

Please, please fix this......it is soul destroying to not only be unable to group with my fiance any more due to the way exp is worked out now, but its sickening to see young dragons exploiting like this - AND bragging about it ingame, when you yourself have worked damned hard, and also solo now (due to the grouping issue) for every level youve got.

*Sighs* - if there's an exploit to be found, the same few always find it....

I don't think its the same few that find it, its just the same ones that use it. I found this behaviour by accident of two afk members that were in a low level area so couldn't be hurt by the mobs.
    It needs to be fixed right now, which means it will be fixed in 3 months if we are lucky.

still no update from tulga games on this gamebreaking bug ?

The devs have said in IRC that they know this is a bad bug, and are working hard to fix this right away. Since agro behaviour is server side, it can probably be changed and tested constantly, without patch notes or server reboots.

Thread Information