Thread: MANY, MANY THANKS!!!!

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

Default MANY, MANY THANKS!!!!

As a member of the Order Shard, I would like to personally thank the staff of Tulga Games for coming to our community meeting. It meant a lot to me to find out some of the things you're doing on your end, as well as knowing that we, the players, are being heard in the forums and things are progressing steadily in several new developments for Istaria.

Given how things went at the end of the meeting last night, perhaps some extra meeting times could be set up so more of the community members could get to dialogue with you as well? I know from after-meeting conversations I had, those whose questions were answered came away feeling much more involved and delighted, even ecstatic, about the both the answers and the ability to get first-hand information about the subjects. I don't mean to have these meetings impinge upon your abilities to work on the projects at hand, nor do I wish them to be in-game spoilers for new content to be released, but the question and answer format seemed to work quite well, as long as moderation for questions stayed intact. It certainly came across as a great way to address issues in a more personal manner than simply putting in a ticket or writing a suggestion on the forum boards, or discussing things to the nth degree here in the forums. Personally, I found it gave me faces to put with the names, something that in my other MMORPG experience, I'd never had. It also reinforced for me that you are there and you are working on our requests, something that other MMORPGs I played never did.

Again, many thanks for stopping in and spending time with our community. It did an world of good!
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

Default Re: MANY, MANY THANKS!!!!

Yes, it would be nice if they would do such things with the community at large on a regular basis, rather than "crashing" a community meeting on one shard. I'm sure that not only the Order peeps who couldn't make it feel left out, but all the others on the other shards as well.

Erus Ex Universitas -- Erus Ex Istaria Guild Home

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is not complete. -- 3. Start something new.

Yes, a huge thank you to the devs for going above and beyond the call of duty and actually being online for a chuck of time IN the game to cooperate with the community.

In no way were they required to do any of that, and so I send out a huge wave of awe that they were willing :), and thanks that they put up with whatever happened after that ;).

However I would totally understand Chaos being felt left out entirely, as well as players who could not for whatever reason make it.

On the other hand, essentially the communittee meetings are NOT Q&A with the devs, they were never meant to be places where larges group of players should get their questiosn answered by the devs, and as I understood it, the previous understanding for just Zideon to be there was essentially to try and see what type of support/possibilities there would be for more dynamic RP type Events - that would require the cooperation of our world mod to pull off.

I'd prefer that the communitee meetings themselves stick to that SECOND job - of getting players involved with other players to get stuff on the shard to happen (with of course great possiblities if Zideon can stay involved with that and hold big huge events too) ...

Then it turn into what could get to be very hostile towards the devs if the wrong players start wanting questions answered - or don't like the answers.

I know I did get SOME negative feedback last night from a few dragons who felt the communittee meeting did not address THEIR concerns. And though I take great issue with that feeling, perhaps it wasn't clear what the meeting's actual PURPOSE was.

Which wasn't a Dev Interview format.

But thanks so much for you guys for comign by and doing ANYTHING! Truly above and beyond what you would be expected or required to do!

(and that's comign from a very cynical and bitter player as I'm sure you all know ;))

I'm actually surprised too at how much negative feedback I'm getting on the meeting. I will try and do a better job next time.

Delvie

The meeting was great in my opinion. Of course we didn't get everything covered - when you have that many people gathering you're lucky if you get anything accomplished.

I know the fact that Tulga was there created a lot of interest and maybe was a bit of a distraction. But I personally in no way want to discourage them:) The fact that they came lets me know they care and that distinguishes them from many other developers out there.

I've made suggestions on another thread on how maybe to better streamline the meeting and the more I think about it the best might be to limit the meeting to one focus. For example the next meeting might focus on events (or whatever). Just an idea that we limit the discussion for the meeting to one topic.Allows the entire community, including Tulga, to plan in advance what they want to attend. And we'd be much more successful at sticking to the one hour schedule.

With only one focus we could have more meetings - maybe one a week - on different days? Just some ideas:)

How about alternating?

One week we have open forum with TG and the next a community meeting?

Only if they also do one on Unity and Chaos, and have another one out-of-game for those who cannot be in-game at that time for whatever reason.

Erus Ex Universitas -- Erus Ex Istaria Guild Home

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is not complete. -- 3. Start something new.

Thread Information