Thread: New Consumables: thrown weapons and "Aggro Punks"

Default New Consumables: thrown weapons and "Aggro Punks"

Horizons already has consumables, such as potions (which impact the player directly), food (ditto) and fireworks (they look pretty). Here are some additional ideas for consumables that could provide an additional money sink in the HZ economy. They might also provide a laugh (see Aggro Punks).

Consumable thrown weapons. All races can use them. For the bipeds, these could be made by alchemists and tinkerers. They would include primitive grenades and firebombs, as well as poison gas bottles. Different varieties of these items could include effects such as DoT, AoE, or a hybrid of the two. There already exists an animation of a snowball being thrown, so it would not be overly difficult to change the color of the ball to indicate which type is being thrown.
    Dragons would be able to construct similar items, except the consumable weapons they create reflect the two factions, Lunus and Helian. Lunus-type bombs fire off an electrical discharge when they explode. Helian-type bombs explode in a cloud of freezing gas. Again, there could be different varieties of dragon-made thrown weapons.

Consumable Combat Pets. I call them "Aggro Punks." Tinkerers and Dragon Crafters could make them. Good for a certain number of usages, the job of an Aggro Punk is (you guessed it) to hold aggro on a mob. They have a very high evasion, but can be easily destroyed if the mob gets in a hit. And, while very annoying to the mob, there is no guarantee that the Aggro Punk will work as advertised. They have a high %-chance of pulling aggro, but there is still a chance they will not. If they are destroyed, or they do not pull aggro, the mob will aggro the user. Similarly,only one Aggro Punk may be used bythe player (can'tsend out five of the little guys at once).
    Aggro Punks made by bipeds could take such forms as: littlewind-up pygmybots; attack chickens; killer monkeys; "creeping toe-crunchers"; miniaturized "dire-cows"; mechanized spiders; spectral wolves anddoppelgangers.
    Aggro Punks made by Dragon Crafters could take such forms as: miniaturized crystalline golems; magically animated stone garden gnomes (think Travelocity's Roaming Gnome); crystal/stone wolves and spiders; flocks of elemental (ice or lightning) ravens; and (my favorite) flaming sheep.

Just reading the types of Aggro Punk I've come up with, you can imagine what they would sound like when you unleash one against a mob.

Especially the attack monkey.

that's all...

(Yes, I know there's tons of other things that need to be done before a fluff idea like this should be considered. [;)])

Default Re: New Consumables: thrown weapons and "Aggro Punks"

I like both these idea's throwable weapons and the agro punks. Some method of controlling agro is required and while I would prefer class abilities these agro punks fit a different element and could be useful when you need to make a quick get away or to try and "protect" a group member with low health by refocusing agro on them.
    Zodias of Order
    Sprit Disciple Quilt, Miner

Monk Issue List

Both sound like good ideas.. When I read the title, I thought you meant like hand axes and daggers, etc. It'd be a nice addition to classes like Beserker that do not get any ranged attacks, and still be lore abiding (throwable two-handed axes). On the other hand, I wouldn't mind a molotov cocktail here and there ;).
    Truth is absolution - Killswitch Engage
    Gusi: 100 lvls of ELAR deleted and crafting forte.
    Aquzon: 0/100 Draconic Crafter achieved in under 100 hours gameplay.
    Yuthakon: 31 Berserker and aspiring Constructor.
    Proud member of Strata on Order Realm

I REALLY like these idea. Even adding in consumable thrown weapons like throwing daggers and hand axes would be cool. Would give Blacksmiths a high demand consumable to create to be sure.

These would be an awesome start to what could be a long and lucrative line of consumable weapons and agro inducers.

I'm in favor of both ideas with an exception:

I think ranged weapons should be reduced to availability by few classes, and namely it could be used to balance out some classes.

Shurikens for the entire monk line would be my initial thought, as well as some specialized arrows (consumable) for bow using classes.

Love the aggro punk idea.
    Twelvebagger
    12x100. <-- I did monk!
    Twelvebagger's Mistress (pinkie!)
    Redo the loot tables and bring on the undead hordes! (*Hands Beer to NimK)

I hadn't really seriously considered thrown weapons, like throwing daggers or shurikens. They'd be effective in dealing some degree of direct damage to a single mob. That's cool. (It would require new animations, though - then again, so would Aggro Punks!)

In case of trowing axes, daggers or shurikens...
    Wouldnt it add to realism if you can loot them back after the fight when you hit the target...
    If the enemy evades or you simply missedthe thrown object is lost forever...
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

Thread Information