Thread: Young inexperienced Dragon seeks council.

Default Young inexperienced Dragon seeks council.

Hi,
    Im a new dragon and have a few guestions.

1. I am currently playing in an area called New Tirsmus and am lev.6 Adv. and lev.6 Craft. and when I go to do the Adv. quests the dragon teacher tells me that I have to have more skill. Can anyone tell me what level I have to be in order to actually do the quest?

2.My other question is, I keep hearing about Dragons becoming Helians or Lunus, what does this mean and when/how do you choose one or the other?

I would really appreciate the counsel ofany older, wiser and more experienced Dragons out there. Thank you kindly.

Default Re: Young inexperienced Dragon seeks council.

1. I am pretty sure you have to be lvl 10 in adventure to get a quest from him. There are also numerous dragons in Dralk and Chiconis that will give you quests starting at 10.

2. Lunus and Helians are the factions of dragons. Both think dragons are the superior race. Helians believe it is the the best interest of dragon kind to teach the lesser races and work with them. Lunus think it is in the best interests of dragon kind to rule the lesser races. As you wander the lands, you will learn more about each, especially when you begin your Rite of Passage to become an adult. At that time, you will have to decide which faction fits you best.
    Denrath, Lunus Ancient of Order

The quests have been changed since i was that level, so I don't think I can answer that part of the question.

As for Helians vs Lunus:

Bipeds did some very bad things back in the time when dragons were staying out of biped affairs. This caused great discussion amongst the dragons, and eventually split the society between the Helians, who believed in teaching and guiding the bipeds to keep things from going wrong again, and the Lunus, who believe in dominating the bipeds in order to keep things from going wrong again. The followers of the original Helian leader were mostly scholars and craftsmen, while the original Lunus leader was a military leader as well, so had a very strong following amonst the more militant dragons. This has lead many people to believe that the lore states that Helian dragons are casters and Lunus dragons are melee oriented, where the distinction isn't exactly that.

For practical purposes, however, the difference is in what bonuses you get when you turn adult, and the advanced breath weapon you quest for after turning adult. There's also differences in the scale you get for finishing the first part of the ARoP. However, these really aren't reasons to go with one or the other, really. Generally, the Lunus RoP is easier as it requires less crafting but about the same amount of fighting as the Helian RoP.

You can align yourself with one faction or the other while doing the replica scale quests available near the floating island, but you're not actually committed to one branch or the other until you do your RoP. There's rumor that we'll be able to change our alignment at some point during the ARoP, but I've seen no real evidence of it, only hints.

PS: some of us dragons think that the Helians aren't being radical enough, not only is there much for us to teach the bipeds, but there's obviously much we can learn from them.

Thank you so much for all your help, both of your replies have really helped a lot and I really appreciate that you would take the time to help a fellow Dragon out.
    Thanks

That last one is obviosly Lunus...

So here's my philosophy:

Bite, THEN think....

Faction switching was going to be a part of ARoP, but has been scrapped by Manga last I heard.

They too busy with other stuff. ARoP while is still being worked on, is by no means the biggest time slice of developer resources. Alot of baseline programming subroutines, etc. (for lack of a better term) are being added and worked on that should allow for easier content manipulation and creation in the future. Lesser Aradoth Reduxand Balit's and Werewolf islands are the first fruits of those labors. I'm guessing the developement systems are still being worked on and tweaked.

Thread Information