Thread: Missing Pottery wheel & Kiln?

Default Missing Pottery wheel & Kiln?

Are we missing the pottery wheel & kiln from any shop?

I would think it would be in the confectioners shop which is 19x19 (largest in there) so maybe it would be ok to have 3 machines?

Also confectioners have a distillery and that really is a leatherworking machine at this point (for tannin). Would make more sense to have a distillery in there as nothing confectioners make need one at this point.

Or give confectioners the wheel & kiln and let us place the distillery seperate? Like the poor one hanging out behind the building in mahagra all by itself ;)

I am not planning on building until I know where the pottery wheel & kiln are going. =)

Default Re: Missing Pottery wheel & Kiln?

Actually there are confectioner formulas at each tier that use a distillery to make
    vinegar, malt vinegar, balsamic vinegar, etc. Then the vinegars are used to make
    various foods.

But if it were up to me I would prefer a pottery wheel to a distillery in my shop.

ahh so you do use it then sorry. My confection experience is limited ;) Still doesn't solve the problem of you can't make pots though lol.

SirFrog

Also missing is the mill stone, but I believe AE has a plan for that machine.

Sommber

I noticed that there were no machines with the pottery wheel also, are they going to add that or will we just have to rough it? Im thinkning we confectioners are going to be useless before long we wont be able to make anything at this rate.

Yodwynn

Am I reading that the confectioner's shop does not have a mill stone or a pottery wheel and kiln? If this is true I think I just wasted half my plot[:(]

All workshops have two machines.

The Confectioner's Shop has the cooktable/oven and the distillery.

No shops at the moment have pottery wheels or millstones. And so far
    we can't build wells either.

Because they require more varied machines to produce one product I think
    they should add pottery wheels and millstones to Confectioner Shops
    (and they should also add millstones to Alchemist Shops)

Wells are tough because they are a resource node. But they could give
    us a cistern, which would be like a silo but it would only hold water. Hmmm,
    guess you could just put water in a silo :-)

Do the shops come with an Oven at least?

Sommber

yes oven included and distillery no pottery wheel which I think is very important to a confectioner [:(]

yes, they have the cooktable/oven

Knall

Create Earthencraft shop with kiln and glass box

Change Alchemy shop to cauldron and millstone

Problem solved

I like that solution. Very simple and doesn't break the 2 machines per building rule.
    Imayo, Preceptor of Obsidian Order on Order
    Shadowalker
    http://kalex.org

The still is used by confectionersto Make Vinegar And FishOil as brewing is a major skill givent to confectioners,it would be nice to leave them in both locations -- Someday the confectioners brewing skill will be a Important in game Itemas when they finally get around to putting in the Beer/wine /ale formulas that were promised to us back in Beta.The Millstone Is desperately Needed by Confectioners and Alchemists to grind various materials Onepossible solution is to allow a guild to build a windmill in their plot as windmills are already in game and contain millstones That only leaves the Kiln and pottery wheel which three crafters can use but only one actively makes useof it, the three trades being Alchemist/Tink/Conf all get Earthencraft skills
    and therefore can make vials and dishes. An add of a Pottery wheel and Kiln should hopefully an easy task to do but i totally agree they should be in some structure
    Given enough time and the proper temperament anything doable in game is possible
    Confectioner first last and always

What??!! They don't have a pottery wheel and kiln??!! What the heck use are they then, you can find a cook stove anywhere.. I need a pottery wheel and kiln!

That's like having a stoneworking shop without a stone cutter :(

Jazmyn

What would it hurt if we could just build the two machines as stand alones?
    We know things like that can be done because there is a distillery all by itself
    behind the enchanter hut in Sslanis. So they aren't really tied to buildings.

So what if we don't get a bonus to skill like in the workshops, I can handle that.
    I could see a problem if it were an anvil or loom we were talking about,
    there would be one on every plot! But there isn't that much call for a millstone
    or a pottery kiln so I don't think it would be a real problem.

Aeryal

Quote Originally Posted by Knall
    Create Earthencraft shop with kiln and glass box

Change Alchemy shop to cauldron and millstone

Problem solved
    Excellent idea lol too bad the guys that designed the mill didn't think of it :)

Aeryal

I noticed that you can make a stand alone millstone now. But haven't seen any potterywheels/kilns. Anyone heard any news about that?

Houses are so roomy and useless! They should make stand alone machines!!! Maybe limit the # of machines by the size of the house.

And there is so much wasted space in the shops!! I could fit so much more on my plot if they cut down the size of these things!

Thread Information