Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Blight Update Notes for July 12th, 2005. - modified -

Default Re: Blight Update Notes for July 12th, 2005. - modified -

Quote Originally Posted by Vlisson
    i think it has been not intended but AE/Tulga made this mistake to bring mithril live and hadnt the time to make it fit to the other metals
    I really don't think so, the only thing they made as they haven't had much time is, to place a lot of plots are build very close to Mitrhil, not thinking that there will be a lot of BLK shops built around and making Mitrhil quite easy. Now they just look for a nerf to "fix" that.

PS: why think always negative? steel/cobalt will be easier now, and all new or lower player will appreciate it (ok all we t5 chars will have some difficulties now added)
    I don't see much what is easier for steel, I was used to fill a Deluxe Marble Disc with 1k Iron bars and then go for Nickel and smelt 1:1. Iron is easy to get, no problem to fill up a disc pretty quick. Now I can run around with the much more bulky Ores and need double amount of Nickel Ore.

this will stop power lvling a weaponsmith lvl 1 with mithril
    So what, why so scared about WPN's? A BLK at lvl 100 can do all the full teched T5 stuff as well. Ever checked the T4 Stone around Dralk, a cave with both machines just in field? Start maybe with BLK and Mason or/and Spellcrafter can follow in no time. And T5 is no big deal as well for stone.

hmm crafting is always not really fun, gathering resouces is a pain but its ok, there is no other way
    ******** it! I don't expect a game to be pain!![:@]

Quote Originally Posted by Jem
    Geez which dev hates metal?? What have the metal schools done to deserve to deserve this nightmare?
    Yes I'm curious about that as well. But they indeed love wooden resources. I'm pretty shure since I ran into a lumbermill within the Thornwood spot, with bot machines and just waiting for the T6 forms to be introduced.

Joaqim - Multiclassed God on Unity
    "I'm Immortal, I'm Glorious, I'm Supreme, I'm My Saviour"

Beleenda - Goddess of Melee
    "Kill 'em all, let God sort them out"

...weeeel, I personally don't have a problem with the mithril change - seems kind of strange that mithril is a simple single metal after the hell that is cobalt; it's supposed to be more difficult the higher the tier, isn't it?

I don't agree with changing the least effective contruction ratio to 3:1. Kind of takes away the skill progression factor. If 5:1 is to harsh, try 4:1 instead...

And still no Skalskaar stargate or area breath of fire [:'(]

bahh why change mithrill? I thought all the time when you have the skill to smelt mithrill it would be a reward to the crafters not to go forseveral ground ress like cobalt and nickel. [:@]

The last craftig lvls with mithrill would be then like some "fun" you know the word? [8-)] Now its just a pain for the other crafters to reach lvl 100 with that cobalt and mithrill BLARG [li]

i really dont like the changes [U]

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

I agree, I dont like it one bit. I see those that say you can PL metal crafts with mithril so easily. But guess what, wood and stone are just as easy. Maybe an extra min to run the disk to a shop but still easy nonetheless. A 100 blk can PL around 8 non metal based crafts. Scholar to 100 can do 6-7 classes with just stone and essence. So why just nerf metal? Hell, give everyone the heave ho and get it over with and nerf all t5 resources. Unless you plan on making the metal working classes the next conf craft. Heh, just wait till this goes live, all those that stay wait and see what the prices will be to make your needed items, which in the end I think was another intended thing TG wanted to do.

GhostRdr -
    100- RVR, SPRT, HLR, CONJ, SHMN, GRD
    100- BLK, WPN, FIT, MSN

Fayde- 69 Adult Lunus/35 craft
    82nd Level Hoard
    Member of the Dark Council
    Nana & Gerard Guild Communities

You know gopher, Marble is just as easy to PL off of. Only the shop (on chaos) isnt quite as near to the field but still really close. So your point is moot.

Yew you can PL decent enough too, if you have a good system going. Only thing that makes it tougher is the distance of finishing machines.

Shining essence, is easy to get to and Pl just have to dodge the mobs ( butthen all t5 spawn are that way).

Ironsilk, likewise. Only there are no shops in immediate vicinity maybe 4 min run.

Yeah mithril may be easier because smart players put shops right next to spawn, is that our fault for doing what TG neglected to do?

GhostRdr -
    100- RVR, SPRT, HLR, CONJ, SHMN, GRD
    100- BLK, WPN, FIT, MSN

Fayde- 69 Adult Lunus/35 craft
    82nd Level Hoard
    Member of the Dark Council
    Nana & Gerard Guild Communities

This was exactly my point, Yew and Marble are so easy to PL it isn't funny. Essence and Ironsilk I can agree are more decent.

I demand an immediate alloying of every material in the game t3 and up. I don't care if it makes sense, but either does this patch, lets play fair for once.

Lets keep swearing, threats of quitting out of this thread. State specifically what you like, dislike, more will get accomplished versus letting the anger control you, the poster. Thanks!

Rhaiannon

Oh come on, you people just gripe to gripe sometimes it seems. i can live withthrowing in some cobalt ORE into the mix for mithril, they put the nodes in the field with the mithril for petes sake. it will take what, 2 more seconds to make the mithril than it did before? instead of just saying, make everything an alloy, or this sucks, why not offer CONSTRUCTIVE SUGGESTIONS that would increase the difficulty and not make it too hard and boring instead of just griping.

Geeze[:@]

If you bothered to read the thread Rhaiannon, you should've seen quite a number of constructive suggestions and the reasoning behind them.

You're also missing one point. Mithril is s'posed to be PURE. The purer the Mithril, the stronger and more desirable it is. None of this alloy crap. It doesn't matter how easy or hard they make it to gather/process. Just as long as it's a non-alloy.
    Truth is absolution - Killswitch Engage
    Gusi: 100 lvls of ELAR deleted and crafting forte.
    Aquzon: 0/100 Draconic Crafter achieved in under 100 hours gameplay.
    Yuthakon: 31 Berserker and aspiring Constructor.
    Proud member of Strata on Order Realm

Quote Originally Posted by gopher65
    Mithril was EASIER for a lvl 80 to do that cobalt was for a lvl 79, which is just silly. So you either had to remove all alloys from the game, or make mithril an alloy.
    I'd prefer the former over the latter ANYDAY. THEY are the ones who decided Metals had to be so god awfully ugly to make for T3 and T4. THEY are the ones who decided Mithril would not be so god awfully ugly to make. If they now want to level the playing field then they should be removing the excessively extraneous additional metals for the T3 and T4 metals as I've suggested previously. It is the absolute EASIEST change they could make. How hard is it really to change the name of the resource nodes and change the processing forms to a single resource with 5:1 - 2:1 efficiencies just like every other freaking resource in the game???

EDIT: Cuz I got my formers and latters back to front. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Amerelium

giant chickens? lol
    I'm shure I've already seen those ingame! But when talking to them, they allways told me that they are Dragons[:P][:P][:P]

Havent mined mithril yet since I am only 84 dragon crafter but I am not happy with this change; I was looking forward to doing metal again. I have avoided metals as much as possible since I hate alloys. I would not dislike them so much if the Tarbash disks would be changed to either 2 or 3 stacks, any chance of that if we can't get rid of alloys completely?

Devast

I remember coming back and first working mithril.

My various crafts sky rocketed on the insane exp I was getting. I thought its way to easy.

Why was it easy ? Umm well it was because of all the plots surrounding it. Its just as diffcult to harvest mithril as any other resource with the golems there. The golems themselves add a tedious nescessary factor to it all. But where it became insanely was that I was at most 2 minutes away from an Jman anvil and smelter WHILE DRAGGING a tarbash's disc. Or I could park my disc sprint on over fill up and sprint back just as easy. These changes happened because mithril was percieved to be to easy. But the real mistake was that TulgaAE did not have the forsight to see that plots around the only high end metal resource in the game was a big mistake. If they had not been there these changes would have never come to light.

*shrugs*

I don't know. I knew mithril was to easy but at the same time the game already HAS SO MUCH tedious grinding in it that it was just a reward to get to mithril after having to deal with cobalt. Now thats gone pretty much. So they jusrt added yet another tedious grind to the mix. A mistake imo.

At the very least I would prefer and most people would I think a max efficiency 1 to 1 ratio. But then agian alloys aren't made an an even smelt basis in the real world... but this is just a game so....

Oh to top it off Mithril in fantasy world I am pretty sure is a pure metal and not an alloy.

The difference is that Cobalt (for whatever reason) was extremely hard to do, and mithril (which is supposed to be FAR more valuable) was extrememly easy to do in comparison.
    Thoseof us who worked through that hell of Steel and Cobalt to level are finally reaping the rewards of a metal that is not an alloy. So now this is our reward? Is Mithril easier than Cobalt? You bet. It should be. After the grind it took to get to the point to use it. No question it should be easier than the other resources.

Not to mention the GIANT nerf to the Tarbash disk for only the metal workers. Every other T5 worker can use the Tarbash disk to its full effectiveness. Not the metal workers.

Here are some comments from last nights IRC chat

[20:04] DhaVol: So the tarbash disks, ect are useless to metal workers
    [20:05] Manga-4tw-TBD: DhaVol - They always have been, nothing changes that with this change

They were useful to those of us using mithril. Now they are useless.

[20:10] Guinness: DhaVol, my point was that the system was never fair to begin with, so your initial argument was invalid

Yes the initial system was unfair. Making metal an alloy was unfair to those who went that path. But some of us did, we paid the price of working with alloys. Then we got a reward of T5 not being an alloy.

[20:14] Guinness: grinding on mith health stuff is very, very fast

Getting to the point where you can is very, very slow.

[20:27] Manga-4tw-Sreep: DhaVol - mithril was a bit too easy

/\ The official line.
    Make it harder because its too easy. Lets not take into consideration that it is the HARDEST T5 resource to work up to.

[20:28] DhaVol: So instead of finishing lairs, you decided to change mithril?
    [20:28] DhaVol: Or confectioners
    [20:28] Manga-4tw-Sreep: DhaVol - I don't work on lairs, that is david, tango and the artists. I did the lairshaping school
    [20:28] Manga-4tw-Sreep: DhaVol - Confectioners are being worked on my friend
    [20:29] Manga-4tw-Sreep: i want to do more than make expert fish soup

So this was the most important thing ondevelopments agenda? Diverting development resources to something like this is ridiculous.

This entire change was unwanted, not needed and a waste of time. If you want to work on things of real importance, take a 5 minute tour of these boards. There are plenty of ideas and complaints about things that really need attention.

I find nothing about the butchering of Mithril to be good. Some metals in this game have never made sense, (take pure Cobalt ore, and mix in Steel bars to make pure Cobalt bars???) but this is just adding to the lunacy! If you think people are moving to fast with Mithril then address it some other way, don?t bastardize the entire process.
    Master of the "Veiled Insult" .... Observe
    [veil]Your Mother was a hamster and your Father smells of elderberries[/veil]

You all say you WANT it easy because you were using a borderline exploit to level your craft schools before, and now that it has been made more reasonable you are ticked off.
    Borderline exploid!!!!OMG and I even exploided my skills fromspellcrafterfor somelvl BLK ages ago!Well if you really think that crossover skills from schools just happened by accident, but well....[:@]
    Removing that is just so easy, give each school it's own skill set, no mining skill from Miner school anymore if you are in another school and so on. Would make the prefect grind for every school.[6]

considering then that if you say using other crafting schools to level another is a borderline exploit you then must logically conclude that every single multiclassed adventurer out there as we ll is exploiting since they are as well using other schools to level another.

Well if that conclusion made any real logical common sense that is.... the very concept of multiclassing be it adventure wise or crafter wise automatically and developmentally assumes you will use other schools to level another. If they didn't have that ability in this game than there would be no possibility to multiclass period. Not without killing the game that is.

MC is a major selling point of the game. Remember that before using the term " borderline exploit "

Bowen_shadow

I have stated my feelings on this subject before. If mithril is made an alloy, it will be the end of horizons for myself and Syllis, and our 3rd account. I went through the cobalt stage as armorer pre-merge. I will not pay for a game that is transformed into a constant source of frustration and drudgery.

I don't have any problem with the alloy change, but it would be nice if Tarbash Disks would hold two stacks instead of one so the metalworkers wouldn't feel so persecuted. Hey Gangalf, could you get on that?

OK, I agree that mithril makes it far too easy to level metal-using craft classes. It's the crafter's answer to purple necroflies. I can see the need for it to be changed, even if I don't agree with the change itself.

However, to fairly evaluate the impact these changes are going to have, we need answers to a couple of questions:

WillXP for smelting these new alloys scale up with the increased resourceusage?

Will the lower-tier resource spawn rate be 50% of the higher-tier resource? If not, what will the percentage be?

Howare the XP gains from tannins and cut gems being adjusted and why?

While the change in construction unit placement efficiency is welcome,will XP gained by actually placing the units be changed so that levelling by construction is comparable to levelling be making & deconning tools? If laircrafting is a seperate craft school which cannot be levelledmaking & deconning items(which seems very likely from thehints we've been given),XP for construction resource placement needs to be high enough to level on without having to grind higher-tier resources. Will this be the case?

Lastly, as analternative suggestion: What about making all metals pure (assume thata nickle node becomes steel as part of the refining process and tell metallurgy as we know it to sod off), but adjust XP gained for processing by craft rating, just as kill XP is adjusted by adventure rating? Tier and resource consumption continuity is maintained and craft MC is soft-capped but not crippled.

My unalloyed 2 CP.....
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

Thread Information