(Early Childhood)

A baby was found by a dragon in a ditch near between the Spire and Tazoon, close to the desert edge amongst wreckage, puddles of blood and dismembered body parts, some of the body parts were fresh, and others appeared to have been dead for months. The dragon, sniff and thought long and hard about just leaving the babe and saving it the misery of having naka-duskael blood flow through his tiny veins, but something a part of the dragon decided that this babe couldn't be left to the wolves. Being a dragon who herself has reared two of her own hatchlings, she instead began to slowly circle downward and land.

THERE she caught the smell, death reeking like curdled milk and decay. It was evening and shadows flitted and flickered as if to a tune she could not hear, the dragon lowered her head and closed her maw of teeth and pierced the blanket the babe was wrapped in and clamped her mouth tight to ensure the blanket held the babe secured. Carefully she moved and positioned herself for flight. Just as she was to take off, the baby screamed as if in terror. The dragon, in anger almost dropped the babe, that?s when she saw them. Shambling and deceivingly broken, the Withering Aegis sought to seek its new victim and its prize.

Fearing nothing the Aegis wrought, if the baby hadn?t been there, she would have disintegrated the host with a single burst of flame. However she beat her wings in powerful strokes and flew.

Once in the air the dragon thought what to do with the tiny naka form hanging from her jaw. It didn?t take long for her to fly to the town of Dalimond, those seeing her form and recognizing the patterned scaly hide of midnight blue fled as she landed in the center, near the shrine. Her head lowered close to the ground, she slowly unclamped her jaws to release the blankets that held the baby. Once freed from her burden, she raises her mighty head in the air and bellowed out in a tremendous voice.

?This child is an orphan, I seek a naka-duskael fierce in heart to rear this child!?
A man stepped out of a small building, holding a hammer and wearing a smiths? apron.
?Tell me, great matron of death from the skies. Who is this child that you abandon scorn for my kind and seek a naka to rear him in his early days??
The dragon snorted and replied, ?Though you and this babe are beneath me, this babe was cursed by the gods to have naka blood flow through his veins, I do not fault one innocent and newborn as he. Are you willing??
The man replied, ?Aye, and I will do so willingly, perhaps you know the lads name??
The Dragon thought a moment, ?A name was not given when I happened upon him, you?re name is??
?Kael Morbane, dread matron, Kael Morbane the Armorer? the man said.
?When many winters have passed and he is strong and knowing in weapons and combat, I will return to collect the debt he owes,? The Dragon said as she lifted her massive body into the air and vanished.

Kael knelt by the bundle and opened up the folds and looked into the blue-eyed babe who looked back at him?unafraid.
?Ein?my son? The man picked him up and carried the babe into his home.