Thread: Ein Morbane the Blightless - Part I, II, III, IV

Kael Morbane

Default Ein Morbane the Blightless - Part I, II, III, IV

(Early Childhood)

A baby was found by a dragon in a ditch near between the Spire and Tazoon, close to the desert edge amongst wreckage, puddles of blood and dismembered body parts, some of the body parts were fresh, and others appeared to have been dead for months. The dragon, sniff and thought long and hard about just leaving the babe and saving it the misery of having naka-duskael blood flow through his tiny veins, but something a part of the dragon decided that this babe couldn't be left to the wolves. Being a dragon who herself has reared two of her own hatchlings, she instead began to slowly circle downward and land.

THERE she caught the smell, death reeking like curdled milk and decay. It was evening and shadows flitted and flickered as if to a tune she could not hear, the dragon lowered her head and closed her maw of teeth and pierced the blanket the babe was wrapped in and clamped her mouth tight to ensure the blanket held the babe secured. Carefully she moved and positioned herself for flight. Just as she was to take off, the baby screamed as if in terror. The dragon, in anger almost dropped the babe, that?s when she saw them. Shambling and deceivingly broken, the Withering Aegis sought to seek its new victim and its prize.

Fearing nothing the Aegis wrought, if the baby hadn?t been there, she would have disintegrated the host with a single burst of flame. However she beat her wings in powerful strokes and flew.

Once in the air the dragon thought what to do with the tiny naka form hanging from her jaw. It didn?t take long for her to fly to the town of Dalimond, those seeing her form and recognizing the patterned scaly hide of midnight blue fled as she landed in the center, near the shrine. Her head lowered close to the ground, she slowly unclamped her jaws to release the blankets that held the baby. Once freed from her burden, she raises her mighty head in the air and bellowed out in a tremendous voice.

?This child is an orphan, I seek a naka-duskael fierce in heart to rear this child!?
    A man stepped out of a small building, holding a hammer and wearing a smiths? apron.
    ?Tell me, great matron of death from the skies. Who is this child that you abandon scorn for my kind and seek a naka to rear him in his early days??
    The dragon snorted and replied, ?Though you and this babe are beneath me, this babe was cursed by the gods to have naka blood flow through his veins, I do not fault one innocent and newborn as he. Are you willing??
    The man replied, ?Aye, and I will do so willingly, perhaps you know the lads name??
    The Dragon thought a moment, ?A name was not given when I happened upon him, you?re name is??
    ?Kael Morbane, dread matron, Kael Morbane the Armorer? the man said.
    ?When many winters have passed and he is strong and knowing in weapons and combat, I will return to collect the debt he owes,? The Dragon said as she lifted her massive body into the air and vanished.

Kael knelt by the bundle and opened up the folds and looked into the blue-eyed babe who looked back at him?unafraid.
    ?Ein?my son? The man picked him up and carried the babe into his home.

Default Re: Ein Morbane the Blightless - Part 1

Cool. :) Another story... I like stories. :)

Kael Morbane

Default Re: Ein Morbane the Blightless - Part 1

lmao, man...you should see the beginning of the book i'm working on, I suck at proper english, etc etc...but I know who to weave words. >:) I'm working on it, this little story is basicly to shed some light on why Ein is the way he is, The Ein Morbane the Blightless came from being a Reaver, he's strong against blight, when ol' dragon found him, everyone was dead but him, (no one knows he's gifted yet) so on so forth. Basicly, when faced with blight, weaving blight, he remains uncorrupted. I'll get more into detail later, working on part II and such. One thing I'm finding hard is avoiding dialogue. If I can come up with a decent way to make it in past thought and memory instead of dynamic events, i'll probably rewrite part I. Keep ya'll updated. (to save room, i'll post Part II and how many more in the same post, and I'll edit the title to reflect how many there are.) ANYWAY, once done with this little backstory on Ein and Kith (rolled into one) Anything you want me to write about?

Kael Morbane

Default Ein Morbane the Blightless - Part II

(6-18 Years Old)

Ein Morbane scared people in Dalimond, when he was younger, and caught alone with other citizens of Dalimond, they preceded to shame him on how he was nothing, alive only because Kael Morbane agreed with the dark dragon to take care of him. One day, when he was 6, the dragon had come back to check on him, to see what she had wrought unto Dalimond.
    The citizens were frightened, women screamed and children ran, men swore and grabbed their wives and hurried into their houses as she landed, yet two souls were unfrightened, Kael and Ein Morbane, Ein..walked to the enormious dragon and touched the dragons neck and said softly to the dragon..."mornin' dragon" he said softly and giggled when the dragon snorted.
    Kael ran out to grab his son when the dragon spoke, "It is alright, Kael, the babe is fearless, that is a quality I respect."
    "Dread Matron, he is too young, please don't take him yet! He's all I have left"
    Kael said in a heartbreaking voice.
    "Don't forget that the babe belongs to me, I just as soon kill you and take him as I would let you keep him, however he needs naka-duskael teaching and training, and a father, none of those things I can provide, when the time is right, I will take him, but not till then." The dragons words rumbled out of her throat like thunder and took off as Ein giggled in the wind and dust. Voices can be heard of awe and then words of "Demon Dragon Child" could be heard.
    Since that day everyone rebuked him, he was no longer one of them. When he turned 18, his father closed him shop and as father and son, they traveled to Tazoon to join the Imperial Army. There was nothing left for them in Dalimond.
    They were on patrol, Ein was a handy master of blades and his father have yet to meet a better in axes...a perfect pair in defending this supply train to the battlefront...when the Withering Aegis attacked the wagons, fire leapt in Ein's eyes as he saw them coming, half running half shambling, hunger and death in their eyes.
    Like lightning his sword leapt into his hand and he charged the advancing host, severing their limbs and decapitating them, the stench rose so thick it made his eyes water as he slashed open anothers gullet open. Screams, metal impacting against metal and orders being barked filled the air as the chaos broke loose as the imperial forces and the Withering Aegis host clashed against each other in intense melee and magical warfare.
    Ein had taken down another axe wielding Aegis when the explosion threw him 15 meters away, stunned for a few moments, an Aegis weilding a longsword and a huge tower shield stood over him, ichor dripping from his mouth. Like time slowed, the blade was reversed in the Aegis's hand and started downward, moving sluggishly, Ein rose his blade. Ein knocked the blade aside as it buried into the sand beside him and in second he had impaled the creature through where his heart should have been.
    Once he was back on his feet, Ein surveyed the battleground. His father and 2 others were all thats left and were surrounded, Ein watched as a black-blue bolt screamed from the hand of a Withering Aegis into his fathers chest. His father screamed as he fell.
    "NOOOO!!!!" Ein screamed and charged the remains of the host, the other two in the guard were on the ground lifeless by the time Ein got there and 7 of the remaining Wither Aegis turned to face him.
    Ein had dropped his medium shield and ran, not seeing the other 6, he snapped bones as his left fist smashed into the face of one that stood in his way to the Aegis who had killed his father. The Withering Aegis had starting drawing its will to shoot another black bolt when Ein leapt into the air and reversed the sword in one motion and planted his blade straight through the Aegis' skull. Seething with hate, Ein drove the blade deeper and deeper till the hand guard connected to the top of the cranium.
    Removing his sword and kicking the rotting corpse away from him, he turned to face the remaining 6 that were advancing on him, knowing enough and been through enough battles, Ein KNEW he couldn't take them alone. Holding the bile drenched blade near his head, he gave a silent prayer to Istara and then lowered the blade low to give his final charge against the Withering Aegis...
    Giving a fierce battle cry, Ein charged to his death, just before impact, a huge shadow covered him and the advancing host. Thrown back by the blast of intense heat and flame, Ein saw the patterned midnight scales of a dragon before he slipped unconcious...
    Ein had woken up in midair, clutched in a claw of a enormious dragon. The dragon, sensing her charge was awake, said, "Ein Morbane, son of Kael Morbane, I have saved you twice from the Withering Aegis, now you owe your life to me..."

Kael Morbane

Default Ein Morbane the Blightless - Part III

(20 years old)

Ein watched as a black-blue bolt screamed from the hand of a Withering Aegis into his fathers chest. His father screamed as he fell. The Aegis seemed to leer at his death. All 7 turned toward Ein as he moved toward them, screaming yet no sound came out. They all seemed to say in one voice..."Now you belong to us!"

"FATHER!!!!!" Ein screamed into the night as he bolted from his bedroll. His body was sore and drenched in sweat, his outburst still echoing in the barren Eastren Deadlands.
    "How about yelling so more, so the blasted undead can be even more certain to where we are now." The dragon rumbled from her throat and she started to stand.
    "Sorry great Matron Teriryx, I had a bad dream, it is nothing." Ein said sullenly.
    "I know you miss your naka-duskael father, but screaming in the middle of the night in the midst of a land belonging to things trying to kill us isn't the way to do it." Teriryx said reprovingly.
    Ein said, "I'm fresh, we better move before we are caught unawares by the Aegis."
    Teriryx said nothing as she burst into flight to watch the land from above.
    "If only I was a dragon...I'm getting sick of this superiority complex quick." Ein breathed quietly. Moving to pack his bedroll and belting on his armor, once finishing with his armor, he bent down to pick up his sword and got a flash back of his father dying from that Black-blue bolt. Trembling he secured the scabbard to his belt and started moving.
    Ein had spotted the dragon talon marks in the ground and had been following them for 2 days now, 6 days ago, his friend and Teriryx's Hatching Kithantryx was taken here to the Eastren Deadlands to learn how to fight, his older brother Gyantroz was teaching him.
    Weather never changes in the Deadlands, always dark and storming, hues of green and black everywhere, everything is dead. Ein has been moving, following the trail of Kithantryx and Gyantroz for 5 candlemarks when he saw the first body. A broken body of the Withering Aegis slammed into a rock wall, 3 slash marks across his chest and his head was laying 5 meters from the body. Quickening his pace, Ein followed the trail, and ran into an opening withen the caverns.
    Gyantroz was dead, lying near a rock wall, stiffened and lifeless, and then he saw his friend, Kithantryx, encircled by 20 or so Aegis, Kithantryx, bleeding from his side and saw several scales were ripped off, Kithantryx maddened by pain and Gyantroz dead, swung and batted Aegis from him, knowing he was going to die, but would not stop fighting.
    Ein leapt into the center of the circle of Aegis, removing the leg of one and shield bashed another on the other side and went to Kithantryx's side, determined to die with his friend should they prove too much. From above came the shriek of a enraged adult dragon and the area turned to flame, Kithantryx, protecting Ein lift a wing over him as fire engulfed the area.
    Teriryx, thenlanded and started attacking the Aegis that seemed to come from everywhere. Ein helped led Kithantryx out to safety and called back to Teriryx. "Matron, I will take Kithantryx to safety, I'll come back to help you and then bring Gyantroz back!"
    "Go!" was all she said then focused on fighting the Gathering Aegis. Leading Kithantryx back from where Ein came from, once he has led Kithantryx safe enough distence away, Ein told Kithantryx, "Follow this path, it'll take you home, I must get back to the matron!"
    "Thank you, Ein" Kithantryx said simply and half-trotted down the path.
    Ein sprinted back to where his Matron Dragon was and leapt into a group of Withering Aegis, slashing and whipping his longsword, slicing decayed flesh and spilling cogulated blood, the Withering Aegis however started to seperate him and the dragon, forcing them to fight seperately, Ein, finally realizing he was too far away, tried to fight his way back to Teriryx. Ein decapitated another Aegis who grabbing his shield, and as he turned to face forward again, he saw a rusted axe, coming fast and buried itself into his chest.
    Dropping to his knees, he croakedsingle word to Teriryx, "Mother..." and landed face first into the ground. As his eyes grew too heavy to hold open and his body started to get cold, last thing he remembering seeing was all the Aegis he was fighting was running to fight Teriryx. Teriryx, killing Aegis everytime she swung her talons and snarling in rage, had what appeared to be a tear under the great obsidion orb of her eye. Darkness had consumed Ein, he felt his spirit started to lift toward the sky, leaving his bloody body behind, yet, before all dissapeared, he felt his spirit jerk back to the earth. After what feltlike days, he woke up, by the Tazoon Desert edge and off to the south he could see the spire. Feeling his body and where the hole the axe made in his chest, the armor was split but the flesh was whole. Madly Ein sprinted to Dalimond and jumped on the portal to take him close to his dragonic mother.

It had taken him 2 hours since he woke up to find Teriryx, she was dead...surrounded by piles of Withering Aegis, also lifeless. Seeing her body and the 4 Aegis remaining...Ein lost memory as he went bezerk. Not knowing how he killed them, but he stood over their bodies, with a ugly gash in his arm, and he wept. He wept for hours on end. The Withering Aegis took everything from him.
    Knowing the Withering Aegis recruits the dead into their ranks, Ein soaked the bodies, even Gyantroz and Teriryx's bodies, and lit them on fire, burning the bodies to Ash. Ein stood there...and watched, never moving or speaking. He stood there for 12 hours till the last flame had gone and nothing but embers and smoke remained. There he raised his sword to his head, and prayed to Istara and walked back to civilization..

Kael Morbane

Default Ein Morbane the Blightless - Part IV

(20-Present day at 25 years old)

Ein watched as a black-blue bolt screamed from the hand of a Withering Aegis into his fathers chest. His father screamed as he fell. The Aegis seemed to leer at his death. All 7 turned toward Ein as he moved toward them, screaming yet no sound came out. They all seemed to say in one voice..."Now he belongs to us, Blightless!" The scene changed again and there he was, dying, lying on the ground, he watched as Teriryx was fighting, but one of the Aegis broke from the rest, kneeled down to his veiw and said, "You lost, now she belongs to us, Blightless." The Aegis leered.

"AHHRRRGGG!!!" Ein shot up from his feather down bed, Nimue was awake and holding hissweat covered arm.
    "What is it? Ein?" Sheasked soothingly.
    "Another one of those damned dreams, Nims. I can't seem to forget it, both my father and my mother died at the hands to the Aegis" Ein saidtrembling.
    "I know..I know, shh.." Nimue put a finger to his lips and bade himto lay down again.
    Ein met Nimue after hecame back from the deadlands, Ein had collasped from the lost of blood and exhaustion. Nimue found him laying in the middle of the road eastof Aughundel. Having a team with her on patrol, she had him brought back to Aughundelfor her to nurse him back to health. Having no where else togo, he travelled with Nimue.
    After a year and a half sinceshe had found him on the road, Ein and Nimue were married inHarroandgone backto Dalimond and moved into Kael Morbane's armorery, however, it only took 6 months for the gifted couple to be called back into the service of the empire. Again, Ein had perminately closed down the Armorery to go back to fighting the Aegis at every step.
    On a patrol about 9 months ago, Ein ran into Kithantryx, he was surrounded by Withering Aegis deep withen the New Brommel Island. Seeing his only connection to his family before Nimue, Ein saw the Aegis bury his sword deep into Kithantryx's neck and slump on the ground. Again, falling into rage, he had killed all of the Aegis in the area, seething with hatred, he did not stop, even after he killed them all, he continued to multilate their broken decayed bodies till nothing was left. Breathing heavily, he went to look for Kithantryx's body, only to find it was gone. Muttering in rage-filled hatred, he looked for the Aegis who carried Kithantryx's body away.
    Finding nothing, Ein thought about mulilating the bodies more when he came face to face with Kithantryx. Kithantryx blinked once and said, "Looking for me?"
    "Honey, Imayo wants us to scout out the iron fields near Chiconis tomorrow, been hearing rumors that the Shadow Dragon was disrupting mining operations there." Nimue said to break his thought.
    "We better go back to sleep then." Ein replied, his final thought before he fell back into sleep. What will the Obsidion Order and days ahead will bring?

Thread Information