Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Design Preview 7/13/2005

Manga

Default Design Preview 7/13/2005

[img]/images/temp/on_blight.gif[/img] July Focus The following items are the focus for the month of July 2005[*]Ancient Rite of Passage episodes 2 and 3.

Continued construction of "The Rift" and the new monsters and bosses that exist there.
    [*]The ability for a plot owner to delete a structure on thier plot and recieve Novian Resources in their inventory. This will allow for easier upgrading of buildings as well as the ability to move structures around plots for added fun and functionality.

[*]Armor Dye Kits that will allow players to add dye to armor post item creation.

[*]Weapon Dye Kits that will allow players to add dye to weapons post item creation.

[*]Changing the Formulae for making Blighted Items to only require only 3 Blight Cores instead of 5 and allowing Players the ability to make Blight Cores from Blighted <Tier> Essence.

[*]Emblems awarded to Crafting Schools for reaching level 100.

[*]Monster "Aggro" Tweaking
    [/list][img]/images/temp/about_line.gif[/img]
    [img]/images/temp/to_blight.gif[/img] August Focus The following items are the focus for the month of August 2005[*]Ancient Rite of Passage completed...

Ancient Dragon Character Advancement
    [*]Player buildable structures that have the same functionality as resource nodes.

[*]Confectioner School: Reloaded

The Addition of Expert Formulae, Brand new Formulae, Food Sources and Usages
    [*]Master Processing Forumula released via world events.

[*]Adding more Set Items and Rares (including more post item creation techniques) across all Tiers

[*]Training Tutorial Island

[*]The rebeautification of Istaria continues with Dalimond / Chinconis (Tier 2) Terrain and Content overhaul with new monsters and quests.
    [img]/images/temp/to_blight.gif[/img] Fall Focus The following items are the focus for the fall season of 2005[*]

School Review and Balancing[*]

Monster Review and Balancing[*]

Tier 6 Adventure Areas[*]

Bigger and Badder Epic Monsters[*]

The Return of the Blight Anchors.[*]

Player Built Shrines allowing players to have a second bind location at their own plots.[/list][img]/images/temp/about_line.gif[/img]
    [img]/images/temp/internal.gif[/img] Internal Testing Stage The following items are on our internal server currently undergoing testing.[*]*** New Quest Editor ***

All the new in house quests are now using this tool.
    [*]Dragon Lairs

We are able to buy a Lair Plot and build out a Dragon Lair currently, we are working out the bugs and adding more Dragon Lair art assets. This is very real thing and is close to being released. more information as well as a more formal announcement coming soon.
    [*]Kwellen Hide Armor

Art and Armor Made, needing Formulas
    [*]New Dragon Claw Techniques.

[*]Baeloch, The Fire Demon

[*]Glaciantus, The Ice Demon
    [img]/images/temp/dev.gif[/img] In Development The following items are in various development stages with no current ETA and may be different upon final implementation[*]The re-introduction of Crystals

[*]New Resources

(Enriched Ores and Pristine Gems and other Exotic Resource Types)
    [*]Elder GameTM

Default Re: Design Preview 7/13/2005

Will be nice to see many of the items listed here implemented and I'm sure confectioners will be happy to see they are being looked at in august as well as completion of AROP finally.

Weapon and armour dye kits will be cool will be able to mix and match at will I like the sound of that.

Hopefully there will be some handwraps amongst the rare items it is good to see more added are they limited to t5 items or do we have rare items comming at lower tiers as well?

Is the month of focus the month its slated to hit blight?
    Zodias of Order
    Sprit Disciple Quilt, Miner

Monk Issue List

looks kewl [Y]
    Soaring the skies of Istaria every day.

Wonder what the emblem for having all 19 crafting emblems will be like... :)

25 months waiting for expert CNF forms. Tired of the intentional deceptions and being kicked in the junk.

ADV: Centenarian Nature Walker; Rating: 162
    Craft: 1900 levels; Craft Rating: 234
    DRGN: Lunus, Adult, 100 DRAG, 100 DCRA, 100 DLSH, Expert Lairshaper (Chaos-04)

No, try not! Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda

If the enemy presents an opportunity, take advantage of it - Sun Tzu

Having problems with my right to speak? Report me or click here *Ignore Seranthor*

Player buildable structures that have the same functionality as resource nodes.
    *blinks and scratches his dwarven head*
    Before you criticize anyone, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticize him, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have his shoes.

I think the idea is you can plant tree's to harvest from or sew your own cotton
    Zodias of Order
    Sprit Disciple Quilt, Miner

Monk Issue List

Emblems awarded to Crafting Schools for reaching level 100
    Nice idea!

The ability for a plot owner to delete a structure on thier plot and recieve Novian Resources in their inventory. This will allow for easier upgrading of buildings as well as the ability to move structures around plots for added fun and functionality.
    Yay! (I hope). Finally able to fix my horrible planning (okay, not entirely my fault, planned it when there were bugs in the original plot layout and the storage units had those funky pointy things on them)

Player buildable structures that have the same functionality as resource nodes
    Interesting. Brings some things to mind, like buildings that produce resources.

Training Tutorial Island
    So needed.

Player Built Shrines allowing players to have a second bind location at their own plots.
    Isn't this the same as the guild houses? Not sure what benefit this would be since most towns have one guild house you can bind to. Since you can't recall with disks, would not be a great new thing unless different (and less spacey) than a guild house.

Player built shrines allowing players to have a second bind location at their own plots
    ***SECOND*** bind location! Recall to first bind at a shrine or guild house, or recall to your personal bind location at your plot.

Ingo Nosdracir - Chaos - Human Paladin ++
    Nimah Nosdracir - Chaos - Human Warrior/Cleric
    Ogni Nosdracir - Chaos - Dragon Hatchling

Very nice!!

Thanks for the communication, it is quite nice :-)

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler."
    - Albert Einstein

Elren

Woot!!! Wooot!!!! *does a happy dance*

So Glad this was finally updated so that we could all see what was going on... This way we don't have to speculate on the upcomming game changes and we have somewhat of a tentative schedule. It would be nice if this was updated once a month or so, instead of the currently every 6 months... but perhaps eventually we will see that.

Until then.. Thanks a bunch for the update...
    Elated that HZ is no longer in the hands of the Infidels.

Now.. I may have to split my time between 2 games... CS:S and HZ...

My confectioner is as happy as if you'd given her a squeaky mouse filled with catnip. [<:o)]

Excellent stuff coming up!

Before you release the deconstruct-to-novians you are going to have to do something to limit how fast you can buy and sell a plot. Otherwise, you are going to have people going around buying a plot, deconstructing anything on it to get the novians, then selling the plot and doing it again. That will be particularly bad next time we have an auction period. This is a problem to fix before it happens.

whats a dye kit? that you can dye old armor/weapons

Looking really good, cant wait [:D]

Hope we on Unity server will get it on time [;)]

Abbie
    Abbie: 100 Sorcerer, 100 Wizard, 100 Conjurer, 100 Chaos Warrior

Fantastic! LOTS of goodies in there but I do have a question regarding the new shrooms.

What exactly are they going to be for? Do they just make generic "hide strips?" Since the Istarian Fungus is still broken I can't really test it. Are there meant to be new formulae involved for these?

I just saw nothing in the Design Preview for these and really don't want to see their use just disappear into nothingness for ages.

Real good stuffs there :) I must admit also,that I'm quite curious about the last thing in developpement
    "Elder Game"

Wonder what it is [:^)]

...bearded mask formula...

awesome i would imagine then that the 3rd part of the arop is relatively short in terms of steps but hard due to what we need to kill if they are both nearly ready.

I think "elder game" is probably just in reference to 101-120 advancement btw as it was expected to be pushed back for more important things.

Lots of interesting stuff coming up. [Y] Hopefully the new quest editor will be available soon. [;)]

Dragon adventurer 100 | Dragon crafter 100 | Dragon lairshaper 84

Thread Information