Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stutter

Default Re: Stutter

Aye, the stutter is so bad at times, I feel like I am playing on my old min-spec system.

Erus Ex Universitas -- Erus Ex Istaria Guild Home

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is not complete. -- 3. Start something new.

Oh, and the massive memory leak is back, in spades. Hit 1.5GB of memory usage in a few hours of standing around and porting to 3-4 places.

Others are reporting severe porting lag after a few ports as well.

Erus Ex Universitas -- Erus Ex Istaria Guild Home

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is not complete. -- 3. Start something new.

Lag, lag, lag and more lag. I was getting equivalent to less fps in Fela after a 10 min session then I get in Aug after a 10 hour session. No joke. No background apps running either. Gonna defrag, do some virus scans and delete world cache - hopefully that'll fix/help it. Only just happened recently, and the same thing is happening with my bro's comp too.
    Truth is absolution - Killswitch Engage
    Gusi: 100 lvls of ELAR deleted and crafting forte.
    Aquzon: 0/100 Draconic Crafter achieved in under 100 hours gameplay.
    Yuthakon: 31 Berserker and aspiring Constructor.
    Proud member of Strata on Order Realm

There was an improvement from all that - no virii found - but still ridiculous lag in Fela (logged out at the Brights, so haven't even ported anywhere). Definately a step backwards from where it was a week ago.

Hyacinthe

This past week I have been almost exculsively hunting gem golems on the T3 island. I port in and FPS is kicking up around 50 on the ground and in flight. A quick hop to golems and a quick pass over the area to get the masses to spawn and im running in the mid 30s. Buff up and head in grab 30 mobs or so and fps is still good (more or less watching my health and not my fps at this point). Most hunts end prematurely ([:O]instant heal sooner not later) and when irecall back toDralk, the port time is fast but I seem to have a lot of server lag or freeze ups. I have noticed thishappened more when a few fellow dragons were at the shrine.

My hunts have been choppy recently to the point i have noticed, just having problemsafter recalling back to Dralk. 3recalls ended in CTD and one freeze up thatI waited 10 minutes on to CTD before i rebooted my comp. BTW the one i had to reboot on, I had lost all mywindows and hotkey bars [*-)]

My two copper

Quote Originally Posted by Hyacinthe
    BTW the one i had to reboot on, I had lost all mywindows and hotkey bars [img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-42.gif[/img]
    *quickly copies prefs folder*

Had major fps droppage and stuttering when I tried to move last night. I've also been locking up during recall to the point that I have to ctrl-alt-delete - force Horizons to end and then restart the game. My husband crashed like this 5 times yesterday. I don't know what happened, but it's ugly.

And here I thought maybe flying was the culprit, since I just started doing that on Tuesday and my computer is grinding badly.

I have also been getting jerky animation, unresponsive movement controls, crashes on recall and porting, and combat lag. I suppose it's nice to know it's a general problem rather than my own issue ...more likely it will be fixed since they did have a setup without all this, so it is not a situation peculiar to me :).

-Levity Merrel, Crai Aisling, Sans AoP by Aiya's pad
    100 Blacksmith/100 Fitter/45 Mason/45 Carpenter/14 Weaver/13 Enchanter
    100 Reaver/60 Ice Disciple

-Myrthwynn Elendion, 40/41/Flying

I've noticed this problem also.

Gotten some dp's from it too.

Kwinn on the mobs dissapearing as soon as they die, I seen that happen when they took a long time to get killed. Like a big pile killed using eth parox. some will dissapear right away.

Oddly enough I was only running the 357.1 client for a single day on live. The next day I was patched back to 354.4, unless it is just a bad version number. Once I went back to 354.4 I started getting the problems that everyone else is experiencing. Stuttering and HD grinding, etc., but on a much larger scale than before.

Drev

I've noticed bad stutter as well since Tuesday's patch. I've been mostly doing construction work and before the patch I could run through Ambato with no stutter or jerkiness. Since the patch, as soon as I cross the bridge between North Balzar and Ambato movement gets very stuttery. I even tried deleting my world cache and terrain folders but all that did is lengthen my portals times as all the terrain and data and world objects were being re-downloaded.

Just an FYI folks...

Ambato sits in a sector with 2 other highly built up town. The entity count is extremely high. This causes even the best machines to have issues.

One way you can limit the problems is to setup hotkeys to change the fog start and end distances on the fly.

Make a new hotkey,
    select text command,
    type /setpref fogstartdist 40,
    click the + to add it to the macro,
    type /setpref fogenddist 60,
    now save with what ever icon you like.

Make a second hotkey for normal running around...
    select text command,
    type /setpref fogstartdist 180,
    type /setpref fogenddist 220,
    now save with what ever icon you like.

This will not only help the basic FPS issues but will help cut the stuttering.
    As a new dawn rises over Istaria, may we all band together to meet the challenges!

Continuing Development of Horizons... SWEET!

Thx Aamer thats helped a tiny bit altho from wot i see this lag/stutter/crashing prob has occured with the lastest patch added on to the respective servers wen eva..this lag etc s a problem and one that needs solving i dunno wot many othe rppl think but i personally think is go back to how it woz b4 the patch that has been added..atm i spend half my day watching the loading screen

DocMoriarty

Running 357.1 i have all the same problems, stuttering and memory leak got worse than ever before. Also had 2 screen freezes and heard from others about having same problems. With 354.1 i didn't have any of these problems.

I actually expect a fix asap, Mr. Bowman.

ranion

I am also having huge stuttering problems.

What eva has gone wrong or wot eva i think it needs fixing..i dont think its fun watching a loading screen 70% of the time and relogging too..my comp gave out last night under the pressure..neva did that b4

--spec--
    2500xp amd athlon
    128mb radeon atlantis graphics
    1.28GB of ram

amazingly upgrades 3 times to be able to play this betta

Manga

This just in from the Engineers...

The current client performance issue is because of an previous outstanding texture memory leak that was exasperated by Tuesday's content update - this is why we are unable to rollback the client and solve the problem. We are working on a fix to eliminate this problem and will hotfix as soon as a patch is available.

Actually, we're the ones who are exasperated, and probably so are you. I think the memory leak is more likely to have been exacerbated. [:P]
    Guildmaster of The Alliance
    http://The-Alliance.cjb.net

yay thx for the info manga..hope its sorted soon..now i know its been identified ill grit my teeth for a while and cope until a fix is sorted again i say thx [Y]

any new on a hotfix to this lag problem at all or wen it will b applyed?

Thread Information