Thread: Quartermaster task bug

Nalaureth

Default Quartermaster task bug

Not that I really object to this one, but it's a bit unnerving. I was doing a series of craft 50 (resource) tasks for QM in Tazoon South, so I had concurrent tasks for the following:
    Craft 50 sandstone bricks.
    Craft 50 hide strips.
    Craft 50 flax spools.
    Craft 50 cedar boards.
    Craft 50 bronze bars.

Once I had those lined up, I recalled back to New Koraelia, and proceeded to gather up each resource and make as many as possible in each load. The odd bit was, when I made the 50 sandstone bricks, I *immediately* got the task completion message, the 50 bricks newly made were sucked from my inventory, and I received the 50 exp for adv and crafting classes and the Imperial Bounty Marker reward. I hadn't even moved from the stonecutter.

About 15 mins later, having moved on to collect the cedar and the bronze by then, as well as more sandstone, I was now standing before Irossk the Blacksmith Trainer. When I selected him to Greet, poof, I get another QM task completion message (cedar boards this time), the exp and the bounty marker, and the dialogue box. Only the box is from Irossk - same dialogue as before, proper one from a QM, but from the Blacksmith trainer.

For the other items, I had to physically go to Tazoon South and Greet QM Edmund Weiss to get the exp and bounty markers.

Not that I object at all to instant no-porting task completion, but it's a bit odd that the tasks don't all complete the same way.

Manga

Default Re: Quartermaster task bug

I'm looking in the database and this doesn't seem possible, can you reproduce this?

Manga
    Designer
    Artifact-Entertainment

Nalaureth

Will attempt to do so, what exactly do you need me to do, what data to collect? It's happened a few times already, with sandstone. I believe in one case I was on New Koraelia, in another I was on New Brommel. I also recall an earlier incident where Irossk the Blacksmith Trainer on New Koraelia completed a QM craft 50 task, it's just that at the time I didn't realize it was not working as intended.

Meanwhile, me off to collect some sandstone and make bricks :)

Nalaureth

Ok... this time the QM tasks didn't complete at the making of the SS bricks... this time selecting a new *blacksmith* task from Irossk the Blacksmith Trainer in NK resulted in the sandstone and bronze bar QM tasks completing, for 50 exp adv/50 exp blacksmith/100c/1 Imperial Bounty Marker each. Irossk gave me the standard QM task complete dialogue, the whole of which I have screenshotted. Just let me know where to send it.

I had 84 bronze bars, 52 sandstone bricks, and 53 cedar boards in my inventory at the time... afterwards, only 34 bronze bars, and 2 ss bricks.

Lady Peaches

Thread locked.

Nalaureth

I would post what I think of you, miss imposter, but that would break all the forum rules. Did you have your little bit of fun? Hope you got your sorry little *** punted from the game altogether for this little stunt.

Thread Information