Thread: Lvl 10 crafter quest ?

Shaikura

Default Lvl 10 crafter quest ?

Ok, the dragon skill trainer has some quest i can do after lvl 10. I did do some of them, but the quest to craft the gems has got me confused because i can't seem to find any and the quest log does not say where to go. Can anyone help me with this. And the quest log really needs to give us more info as to locations of quest.

Default Re: Lvl 10 crafter quest ?

Perhaps the easiest place to get tier I gems is the dragon newbie island they introduced a couple months ago. You can port there from New Trismus. This isn't the main teleport, but another one down the path near where the dragon crafter and dragon adventurer NPCs are. I think you talk to one of them (perhaps the adventurer but not sure) to get attuned so you can actually use the travel gate.

Once at the newbie island just follow the path all the way through the volcanic region and without taking the side path. You'll eventually pass the gem area. When I last checked they had all three types of gems although it's been a few weeks. They'renear the outgoing teleport. If you did the new dragon newbie quests you probably already know where they are.

Tier I gems are in many other places in the world, the next most likely is outside Kion although there you have have to deal with golems and possibly other critters. For garnet go out the east gate of Kion and down the path. After awhile you'll see garnet golems (level 7-10 or so I think)and garnet deposits on the right. Besides the golems, watch out for grouks and wolves.

Malachite and turquoise are a bit more involved. Basically you want to get to the top of the mountain overlooking Kion. (I THINK there are gem deposits there -- I know there are golems there and I figure if there are golems there are probably also the deposits). One way is to just keep following the path you took to the garnet until another path comes in from the right (You'll encounter more wolves and probably some skeletons) take that path (you'll go past spiders) and when another path shoots off to the right and up the hill -- take it (I think the branch is at a place where the path is gonig directly under a tree but I can't remember for sure). Malachite golems (low teens) and turquoise golems (high teens) abound in that area. When you're ready to go back to Kion and if you don't feel like recalling you can just jump off the hill (but move down closer to Kion first or you'll land right on top of the garnet golems).

You can also take the other gate out of kion. This might be a bit safer although the golems at the top of the hill are probably the most dangerous to a low level and you'll have to deal with them regardless. Stay left whenever you have a choice, and you'll eventually get to the same path up the hill. No wolves or grouks if you go that way but you'll see some spiders (only the solders and possibly breeders seem to aggro -- I'm not sure if the breeders aggro).

Hope this helps.

Shaikura

Thanks for the reply Goriax, I'll go to the newbie island. Maybe thats the reason you can go back in the first place. Sure you can give advice to newbies,but i wondered why. They have all the info you need there. But they really need to work on the info you get about quest.

Shaikura, which dragon quest in particular was this you were having difficulties with?

- AMon
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

I wonder why Genevia Island gets so little attention, itseems thattons of players still don't even know it exists. A whole island full of all tier 1 resources, no mobs, double machines at all resources... and yet almost no-one ever uses the island. Just not etched into the mind of players yet, apparantly.[8-)]

In Bristugo, take the gate to Genevia Island. Choose destination Garnet Bay for gems (the names on the menu allready give you a good clue of what you will find where).
    Just near the arrival-pad (just over the first hill-top) you will find a workplace with double machines, surrounded by tons of garnet. To find turquoise, go back to and past the pad, looking into the small valleys on your left; soon after the pad you will find the right one. Malachite is a bit further away though still close: around Mali actualy (so again the name gives a clue). Walk on past the gemworkplace in Garnet Bay, take the first path left, follow that for a small while... you will find another gemworkplace there with the first machine; around that and further on, spread over the hills above mali, you will find the malachite. Then there is another LOVELY gemplace, alas without machines yet at least on Unity(who wants to buy a plot there and build a jewelershouse?..would be WELL-worth it!...): portal from Bristugo to Heart, then follow the path toward Central Valley (or port to Central Valley, then walk toward Heart). Inbetween these two places you will find, right next to the road in a few small crevaces and on a few slopes, a not so big but unbelievably rich gemfield (all tier 1 gems mixed). Plots right around it... at the moment all empty. Yet another undiscovered pearl, this place...[:)]

Oh and when you have worked your way through tier 1: Scorpion Island is the next (still very much unknown) place to go (all tier II resources) if you want to craft safely (no mobs except on a few spots where a crafter doesn't need to be or pass through). Gems tier II can be found in the south-east (around scorpions claw) and also north of Slate Hills (at the foot of the mountain you will find again a double-machined workplace; surrounded by all tier II gems).

Shaikura

Wow great info Galilee, The problem that newbies have is no info is ever givin about any of these places. Thats what i find annoying about the quest info or lack of info you get. For a newbie, this is a huge game world to explore. All i can say is thank god for the boards. Now i need to find dim essence orbs. All you get with every quest i've done so far is go get 35xxx. And thats it. Every other game i've played at least give info where to find xxx.

I would say that finding the ressources you are being asked to bring back is part of the quest.
    As such I would only want a clue as to where to start looking for the requested stuff.

I certainly wouldn't want something along the lines of "go to 21200/30350 and gather XYZ amount of ABC" or "go east of Mahagra until you reach a bridge and gather XYZ amount of the ressource you find the most nodes of nearby"

What I would like to see, however, is maybe a quest to identify the type of ressource you are looking at. One shouldn't be able to tell the different Whisps apart without the required knowledge. A quest like "Go to ABC and find out where the Whisps are. Then examine XYC of them to find out what type they are." or "Granite is a valuable ressource. To be able to properly tell it apart from other types of stone, you need to collect and examine samples of the ressources that you can find near ABC. Go and bring back 10 samples and I will teach you what you need to know about granite."

grumbold

I'm confused. Why have they slapped level 11-20 mobs around the revised tier 1resource sites only to supply a teleport to an island completely free of monsters? The original distribution had an interesting mix of pretty safe locations, challenging locations and ones that needed construction to make viable. The revamp seems to have forced them to invent new islands somewherenewbies will never findthem. Strange.

Thread Information