Thread: Suggestion: gear crafting tasks to *skill * not crafter level

Nalaureth

Default Suggestion: gear crafting tasks to *skill * not crafter level

I dinged Blacksmith 20 today. Went to my trainer... Irossk in New Koraelia. Irossk promptly gives me a craft 15 silver bars task. I go get my silver ore from the bank, try to make the bars... no can do. Metalworking skill is only at 180.

The only way I can complete the Blacksmith tasks given me at level 20 is to have 20 points of techs.

Another issue is, different trainers give different numbers of tokens as a reward for the same level and type of tasks.

The Outfitter trainer at lvl 20 is still giving me Tier 1 resource tasks, for a reward of 1 Imperial Lore Token. Around lvl 17 Blacksmith, the Blacksmith trainer began asking for 25 crafted tier 1 resources, for which I was receiving 2 Imperial Lore Tokens. At about lvl 11-12 Tinkerer, the Tinkering trainer in New Rachival began giving me tasks for which I received 2 tokens. And around lvl 15 or so, the Confectioner trainer in Sslanis gives me craft 25 tier 1 tasks for 2 tokens. It seems like at least the beginning schools of Outfitter and Blacksmith should be on par with each other for when they up the rewards and the task difficulty.

But more important than that, all these tasks should be based on the character's relevant SKILL level, not their overall CRAFTING level. If you go off the crafting level, this means for 3 levels or so, a character is simply not able to do any of the tasks his trainer gives him. Either that, or adjust when the trainers swap to the next higher Tier by a few levels.

Manga

Default Re: Suggestion: gear crafting tasks to *skill * not crafter level

Quote Originally Posted by Nalaureth

I dinged Blacksmith 20 today. Went to my trainer... Irossk in New Koraelia. Irossk promptly gives me a craft 15 silver bars task. I go get my silver ore from the bank, try to make the bars... no can do. Metalworking skill is only at 180.

The only way I can complete the Blacksmith tasks given me at level 20 is to have 20 points of techs.
    The crafting quests are intended to scale 10 levels of skill progression, while the current system is a tad unweildly you can still complete the gather portion of the quests untill you are able to craft the the bars, or earlier with buffs or teched gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Nalaureth
    Another issue is, different trainers give different numbers of tokens as a reward for the same level and type of tasks.

The Outfitter trainer at lvl 20 is still giving me Tier 1 resource tasks, for a reward of 1 Imperial Lore Token. Around lvl 17 Blacksmith, the Blacksmith trainer began asking for 25 crafted tier 1 resources, for which I was receiving 2 Imperial Lore Tokens. At about lvl 11-12 Tinkerer, the Tinkering trainer in New Rachival began giving me tasks for which I received 2 tokens. And around lvl 15 or so, the Confectioner trainer in Sslanis gives me craft 25 tier 1 tasks for 2 tokens. It seems like at least the beginning schools of Outfitter and Blacksmith should be on par with each other for when they up the rewards and the task difficulty.
    I've looked into this and the Outfitter trainer on live and on internal servers are giving the correct level 20 tasks.

Both the prestige schools, confectioner and tinkerer rewards differently than base schools. Both the blacksmith and outfitter school at 20-29 give out 3 lore tokens and at level 10-19 you recieve 2 lore tokens.

If you can send in a specific quest that doesn't fit with the above, please do so and I will correct it.

Sincerely,

Manga
    Designer
    Artifact-Entertainment

Nalaureth

Actually, I cannot do the gather portions at all, the skill level for gathering advances slower than the crafting skills involved:

Lvl 20 Blacksmith:
    Mining 169 (actually this is under the Outfitter class)
    Logging 162
    Quarrying 173 (with3 techs already on board)
    vs
    Lumbering 182
    Stoneworking 182
    Weaponcraft 182
    Fletching 182
    Sculpting 181
    Woodworking 181
    Metalworking 181

So the only way I can do gathering tasks at lvls 20-22 is tosave those bonus materials of silver, iron, and slate, and hand them in if I can get the quests to cycle around enough. I can't do logging at all because one doesn't get bonus elm off cedar trees (go figure, eh ;) )

Will check the outfitter lvl 20 tasks again.

Nalaureth

Ok specific quests not working the way they should:

Lvl 20 Outfitter:
    Dennison's Letter - receive 1 beginner lore token for taking the letter and 20 maggot hides to Dennison. (Didn't test it, but it's a lvl 1-20 task)
    Craft 2 Flaxen Cloth Belts: received 125 outfitter exp and 1 beginner imperial lore token.
    (and in a very odd side note, see my other post ... still had the flax spools and hide strips to do for the QM task... had 84 flax spools on me when I greeted Delilah the Outfitter Trainer to hand in the flaxen belts I'd made, and she completed the craft 50 flax spools Quartermaster task instead. Had to greet her a second time to get the flaxen cloth belts award).
    Craft 15 hide strips:
    1 - received only 125outfitter exp and 1 imperial lore token (beginner)
    2- while at the tanning rack "in the field" on NK, as soon as I'd crafted the full load (53) hide strips, I got that instant QM task completion and reward, 50/50 exp, 100c, and 1 bounty marker, with a dialogue box from Elmond Weiss, the Tazoon QM. This is basically what happened before at the sandstone. I *think* it may vary because the last time, I got the sandstone task first, and this time I had the hide strips task first. So perhaps it's the *first* QM task you get that auto completes like this.

Was unable to get any tier 2 materials tasks from Delilah at all, at outfitter lvl 20 - all she offers is the same ones I've done all along, craft 15 tier 1, or collect 50, or make two belts, or deliver to theQMs, or Dennison'sLetter. Will check again at 21.

Nalaureth

Default Further testing

Have now tried getting Outfitter tasks at lvl 20 outfitter in New Trismus, New Vassarak, and New Brommel as well as New Koraelia. Ditto in Sslanis. In each city, I have only been offered the tier 1 - 1 token tasks. These have included: Craft 2 Flaxen Cloth Belts, Craft 2 Bronze Ringmail Belts, Craft 15 Hide Strips, Craft 15 Flax Spools, Craft 15 Bronze Bars, Collect 50 Animal Hides, Collect 50 Unspun Flax, Collect 50 Copper and Tin Ore, ... cycled through several quests at each place, also completed some to make sure they were actually rewarding as the NPC said: 125 outfitter exp, and 1 Imperial lore token (beginner).

Also was offered the Quartermaster report tasks regularly, these for 50 exp and a handful of copper.

The Blacksmith trainers in each city mentioned gave the appropriate tier 2 tasks for the appropriate amount of exp and 3 imperial lore tokens (beginner) at lvl 20-21 blacksmith.

fodder

Quote Originally Posted by Manga

The crafting quests are intended to scale 10 levels of skill progression, while the current system is a tad unweildly you can still complete the gather portion of the quests untill you are able to craft the the bars, or earlier with buffs or teched gear.

I've looked into this and the Outfitter trainer on live and on internal servers are giving the correct level 20 tasks.

Both the prestige schools, confectioner and tinkerer rewards differently than base schools. Both the blacksmith and outfitter school at 20-29 give out 3 lore tokens and at level 10-19 you recieve 2 lore tokens.

If you can send in a specific quest that doesn't fit with the above, please do so and I will correct it.

Sincerely,

Manga
    Designer
    Artifact-Entertainment

Sorry, This just isn't right, I am also an outfitter, lvl 38,and Nalaureth's comments in regard to still getting low lvl tasks are spot on.

I am also still getting the tier one tasks, as in, make 2 bronze ringmail belts etc, and also getting just 1 lore token per task, I needed to buy a plate chestguard form yesterday to fill an order for someone and i had to do 27 tasks just to be able to buy the 1 form, seems out of wack to me [^o)]

Manga

"I've looked into this and the Outfitter trainer on live and on internal servers are giving the correct level 20 tasks."

That much is true, that thescript is setup to give the correct tasks at the intended levels, however the level constraint that points the correct script was constrained incorrectly and always pointed to the level 1-9 script. This will be fixed live on thrusday.

Sincerely,
    Manga
    Designer
    Artifact-Entertainment

Nalaureth

Amen that I'm not just going prematurely mad, and thank you for looking into this and getting it sorted.

Thread Information