Thread: preview for dragons?

Default preview for dragons?

hello there

is there any info/preview for some dragon issues?

1) dragon area breath

2) dragon skill/ability quests till max lvl?

are this things stopped or only not mentioned on the already existing preview?

IcingDeath

Default Re: preview for dragons?

From what I've seen in almost the last year and a half of playing the Devs don't take much interest in doing much with dragons in general.

example 1 Dragons were severly under powered for the longest time before beingupgraded, and even then their special abilities still require hoar, imagine a biped having to lose money every time they used critical strike, or multistrike, there would be an uproar.

example 2 ARoP This has been something talked about since release and almost 2 years later, still not full implememnted.

example 3 It took them a year and a half to make a dragons armor class actually register in combat, basically the were running around with no armor even though their armor class said other wise.

example 4 Lairs. Me personnally I don't want one, but if they are not going to put them into the game they should allow dragons to build various objects on purchased plots.

example 5 Dragons can never reach a max potential. Training points need to be distributed to make any stat over 1000. A 100/100 dragon should have all base stats at 1000 without the use of a trainer. on top of that I believe that with dragons HP's and strength should be put a lot higher than that of a biped- just makes sence.

V/R Icing Death, 5th dragon to complete RoP

let them implement the arop in peace....

And untill then we rest in peace... [^o)]
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

I'm just glad that we are now able to solo monsters OUR level, let alone above them..
    Playing since release.
    4th to complete RoP.
    Purely Lunus.
    Dragor Firestrike - (Nobody to play with.)

common now, we've been able to do that since we had absolutely nothing it just took skill... wellas much skill as a non twitch game can test anyways. More like good resource management.

We are far from the paper tigers we once were. In fact mostdragons who are unable to kill things solo isdue topersonal performance and skill management rather than character strength.

The only thing i should hope the devs realize is while bipeds can basically improve their character forever through multiclassing and moderate playtime. Dragons are capped and even for a moderate player like myself i've been left with absolutely nothing to do for the past 8 months in istaria. If i wasn't so nice(ha) i would have just unsubscribed during that time, but i do like to pay my measly 12$ in the hopes others are doing the same to try and keep this game afloat.

i felt rather weak as a hatchling, but then again i wanted to be weak, i was afterall an infant in a grown up world.

but i still made it to lvl 68 or 69 before RoP went live and i grew up. i knew i was weaker than bipeds but i still managed to do pretty good for myself.

however as i grew into adulthood and realized that i wasnt any more powerful than a hatchling i really got a bit peeved. a bit later they introduced hoard abilities and that staved me off some. i will hold final judgement over the race/class after ARoP is live and i have completed it.

as for being able to kill equal lvl monsters, as a hatchling i wasnt able to do that until i hit 20 after that it was doable, now as an adult with shield of gold, gold rage and lots of great timing i can solo several lvls above me with almost no risk unless i get multiple adds, more than 3 on me at once.
    This page intentionally left blank.

Well at least they are considering some form of advancement for dragons, ancient wise anyway from the design preview....
    Xerses 100 Dragon Adventurer / 100 Dragon Crafter
    28 million hoard and counting...
    Yamir Onimar 100 Warrior / 100 Cleric / 84 Druid / 37 Mage

I assume they are nothing more than ancient only quests.

I hope, but remain sceptical thatthis is something more.What i would want is something thatwe can actually use to put our exp gained to use.

The original question was fair and reasonable. Perhaps a polite question will get some more info.

Some of the whiny responses were not.

They gave the timetable for the rest of the AROP in the last preview. As far as I"m concerned that's end of story if they deliver on anything approximating that timetable.

They described lairs. Yes it would have been nice if they'd released with the game but they didn't and they told everyone they weren't going to release with the game. If you went ahead and made a dragonknowing lairs weren't in yet that'syour business,but you were warned.

There is no reason to believe it was ever intended to have adventuring quests through level 100. I mean come on. Considering the damage the top level gold rage does now (I'm not logged in now but Ithink it's 7 which means level 70 is the last quest level -- it's been a long long time since I was level 70). I hate to think what a level 100 gold rage would be like. If I"m doing 2000 damage per usenow with a recycle of 15 seconds, I suppose a level 100 woulddo around 4000 with a recycle of 5 seconds. I think there may be a problem with that. (actually a straight extrapolation of the recycle from lower levels makes it' 0 at level 100 -- you could reuseGold Rage10as fast as you could spam the button -- which is ridiculous).Perhaps ancients will be able to go farther in some areas or perhaps not. But the argument should be based on if it makes sense (I don't think it necessarily does andcertainly notfor gold rage) not because the quests don't go all the way to 100.

Adults aren't exactly world shattering monsters who can destroy everything in their path but they're not exactly weaklings either -- especially if they have carefully chosen their training points and scales well (including vengeance scale) and have gotten plenty of hoard.

Oh, and by the way I started a new hatchling just to check things out (he is currently level 23). At no time could he not kill something several levels above him.

Considering the fact that they aren't all that hard to play it wouldn't be fair to make them that powerful. If you want to play a powerful dragon ToA will probably be out somedayalthough youalmost certainlywon't make it to adult in that game. Especially if your attitude is to whine the moment you're weaker orhave things tougher then people playing other races.

why should quests are not intended to go to lvl 100?

if they stopped spiked scales or gold rage at 70 then the only reason is balancing (and having not the time or manpower to give us more quests)

but balancing is not my mistake...

maybe another could ask this stuff in a more polite way than im able to do ^^

There is no reason why at least the primal, T&C, and scale hardening quests should not go to 100... and probably dragon's gift as well. I feel the sting of those missing 30 points of primal every day. That's 90 TPs I would much rather place somewhere else, but I can't if I want to scribe my spells. Some things like Gold Rage X might be too much, but that can't be true of all of the quested abilities.
    Tympest Stormchaser
    100/100 Ancient Lunus Dragon - Retired
    Erus Ex Istaria - Order

It's possible you need ancient status to get lvl 90-100 quests anyway since that's when you start the arop.

However, questioning the area breath effect is very validsince itwas stated in the last design preview as coming soon. Months ago devs said it was ready and should be out within a week to blight, and now today it isn't even in the design preview nor is the caster gold rage which was also stated as being nearly ready to go in the design preview before this recent one.

I don't mind them holding off stuff to move ahead with more important issues, but it does bug me when they just leave stuff like that out completely.

Even though no communication on the ability quests, breath weapons ect does bug me the assumption is still easy and relatively clear they are swamped and need to work on more important things.

My longshot assumtion is that these things like area breath ect are finished but they are just holding off for the full implementation of the arop to give us a big package of content. I doub't any of the 80-100 quests are done though.

Thread Information