Thread: Gathering Sounds

Default Gathering Sounds

Anyone else noticed or experienced the loss of continuing gathering sounds? The only one that seems to work for me atm is chopping wood. All others I'll get the initial gathering sound but then it drops out thru the rest of the node harvesting.

I have a SoundBlaster Audigy 2 ZS - currently not using the latest drivers because of install issues.

Any ideas? Thanks

Bulgrim
    Putter'er of Crafts and Near Miss-Adventurer on Chaos
    Guild Leader - Council of War
    C.O.W. : "Milking the WA Daily....fear the cow"

Default Re: Gathering Sounds

I notice the same effect happening. It happened on both my Audigy Gamer card and on the integrated sound of my new motherboard. I've played with a few of the sound settings without success in fixing it.
    Sammo - Order Shard
    Maelstrom Guild
    Sslik Paladin/Carpenter
    Plot owner in South March

Got the same issue when gathering ironsilk.
    Using an nforce2 motherboard with the most up to date all-in-one driver release.

Thalak

I have had this happen with essence siphoning, but mining, chopping seem to be fine. Guess I am the odd-ball here, I use the Realtek HD audio from a 915 Intel board.

what i have discovered so far is that mining sounds work fine even clay gathering with scoop work fine but if you use a harvest knife you get one to two swooshes and thats it, what is really bizzare is that i had some horrendus fps one night and by accident i brought up my character screen and while i was down to almost no fps i heard the sound of gathering silk the entire time.
    Given enough time and the proper temperament anything doable in game is possible
    Confectioner first last and always

I was mining the other day and I noticed when gathering T5 gems i only got one or two hits with the pick with sound then none on each node.
    Zodias of Order
    Sprit Disciple Quilt, Miner

Monk Issue List

Quote Originally Posted by Custard
    Got the same issue when gathering ironsilk.
    Using an nforce2 motherboard with the most up to date all-in-one driver release.
    Got exactly the same issue when I'm gathering kenaf.
    Also have a nforce2 motherboard updated with the last drivers known.

Ok, when I was lagged the other day, I had could hear the sounds as well.

I'm wondering if they knocked out ofsinc the sounds to the actual gathering itself way back when - back when there were a lot of problems with gathering from wisps.

For the record, I still can hear the chopping when it comes to harvesting timber. Every other sound for me "dies" after the initial swing unless I have really bad lag, then it get sporadic gathering sounds.

Bulgrim
    Putter'er of Crafts and Near Miss-Adventurer on Chaos
    Guild Leader - Council of War
    C.O.W. : "Milking the WA Daily....fear the cow"

Thread Information