Thread: Accepting a Project

Drezzdin

Default Accepting a Project

I have been asked to work on a person's plot..a very Large one at that. I am only lvl 14 Mason so this will be my first project and really thinking about wether I should take on such a large one right off the bat with my Ratio being so low. I was offered 1.5 g to do it. My question is how does payment of this usually work? Not that I think that I would get ripped off...but want to make sure if I take a couple weeks of my life to work on the place that there is Payment at the end. Thank in Advane for any help!!

Default Re: Accepting a Project

Normally the owner of the plot just applies the money directly to the structure they want worked on. Then as the construction items are applied the money is paid out per unit to the person doing the applying. It is paid out per unit completed, not per unit you have to apply, so if you are 5:1 you get the same money for applying 5 blocks that a person a 2:1 gets for applying 2 blocks. The payment gets made automatically as the structure gets built. It is nice because the owner does not have to be there to pay you, but if someone else comes along and does the work, they get the pay instead.

Another idea is that they pay you weekly or so for the work done that week, That way if you have any losses it would only be for that week, and you still have portal money/spending money for equipment.

You will probably level pretty quickly by doing that much construction, just make sure to apply at LEAST at 3:1, if not 2:1, any worse than that it's entirely too wasteful to be worth while. After you finish the 7billion sandstone and move onto slate you should be set, but moving from slate to granite you may need to grind some tools to bring up your efficiency.

-HratLi

HratLi SnowPelt : From Bounty to Chaos : Eyes of Istaria
    MultiCrafter, Spirit Disciple, Walking Bleed Attack.
    HratLi's Bucket of Fury : A Saris in cargo gear appears and beats on your foe.
    Damage :
    50-150 Attack Type: Bucket Duration: Until Dispelled Frequency: 0:02

Drezzdin

I can see that working on just one Building. They want me to just do all the sandstone work. I am guessing about 2000 pieces. Betwen Buildings,fountains,walls..ect...

You'll want to check how they plan on paying you and if they're talking about a lump sum, how much total work there is. 1.5G is actually a low price for 2000 applications of sandstone blocks (2G would be the going rate) and that would go up depending on the number of those applications that are keystones rather than blocks.

Basically, I prefer that when I'm doing work for someone that the money be placed on the structure, that way I get the money as I go, there's no doubt that the person that does the work gets paid, etc. Not that there's much dishonesty going on, but I've seen an argument or two over who did how much work on some plots.

Thread Information