Thread: Returning player, but a problem

Default Returning player, but a problem

I tried WoW and got sick of it. Decided to come back to Horizons and I reinstalled it, but after patching it says not enough video ram, need 32 (says I have 26 something). I'm confused since I had no problems last time.

My video card is Intel 82845G Graphics Controller (sucks I know, but I ran it without a problem last time I played). Current driver is iamlmrnt5.dll. Any help would be appreciated.

Edit: Forgot to include I also get a runtime error that 0x2112dd6a referenced memory at 0x050460c0. The memory could not be read.
    Aziroth Frostscale
    19 seasons spent in the wilds of Istaria
    15 seasons spent in the field of resources

Gossinger

Default Re: Returning player, but a problem

[:'(] Same thing with me, returning but not enough memory for some dumb reason. Turgle or whatever messed up this game harshly.

Only solution I was given is get a new video card.
    Aziroth Frostscale
    19 seasons spent in the wilds of Istaria
    15 seasons spent in the field of resources

new card would be your best bet. you should be able to find a card with enough memory for next to nothing, pci or agp if you have a slot.
    This page intentionally left blank.

Drask

the game doesn't really run well (or at all) with 32mb of video memory. It barely runs with 64mb, imho. Get a new GPU, you'll be happy. It's not like there are expensive. Make sure to disable your integrated card and reclaim some system memory allocated to the intel graphics controller.

The big problem and you'll begin getting this with more and more games as time passes is the Intel Graphics controller. It does not support Hardware T&L which Horizons and other games (like EQ2) require. Cards such as nVidia GeForce and ATI Radeon do support this.

- Amon
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Thread Information