Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Current Changes

Aboroth

Default Current Changes

I am not complaining just expressing my opioions, not meaning to make anyone mad or anything.

Aamer wrote On perspective and about broken eggs...I belive what he sayed sort hit the spot in a real eggy way (lol just kidding [:)]), however it did hit the spot,No matter what changes accur it may not be best, but to give a lil is to recive a little. But two of the changes that were given to us, the new aggro, and tier III to tier V metal change Ibelive should stop being "cnsidered stupid, nerfed".

I say this about the 2 changes because....

Lets take the new aggro first off, Many people focus on the one or two bad parts. One of which is being the "there can be no more tank", and pwerlvling. As far as im concerned, a tank should be related to a class and one on one, because if your in a group and a pulls a ton of stuff, its seems more relistic for the undead to go after the whole group instead of just one of us, after all that is what we do. Someone pulls fyakki or flies in a bg group everyone just picks or does the F10 command.As one on one class a tank would be an upfront attacker, sure archers are made for staying back and attacking, but that all changes within a group, due to the fact what ever your hunting or grouped with, you may have to change your ways a lil in order for the group to work.I dont think however pulling a mob and it goes off to anothr person crafting where your hutning ro runs away needs to be fixed and im sure its being taking care of. Power lvling has different fews, yes no, i dont care i just wanna play the game, SO really its your own opioion and that subjet can be debated back and forth. Also the new aggro hads sort of a "new challenge to the game", before it was easy to pull masive amounts, keep them on one person, load thm up with heals and that was it. Now however you got to adjust to what ever the aggro does, making it more diffucult yes, but i bit more fun. I remember a while back people asking for more challenging mobs, more epic monsters etc, they may be working ont hat how ever they gave you the same mobs but added a bit of challenge.

The new metal changes....its not like mith and cobalt are going to be 3 ports away from each other, they will all be in same field, like Aamer (well going to use my imput) sayed, "you must give a lil to recive a lil", many people wanted cobalt and steel to be easier, by doing this they made steel easier by adding more nickel to iron fields, and cobalt easier by no longer needing steel bars. You may have known this already but....so you got this great idea to shape these up a bit, wow cobalt and stel are ging to be easier, you dont look at it that way, you look at it as your mith is going to be takin away. So u ahev to add cbalt ore now, at least the devs made it easy by adding cobalt to the fields.

Like i sayed before, this is not a rant, not made to be rude or anything, just expressing my opioions from what i have heard, and sorry for the spelling if anything is wrong hehe

[H]

Default Re: Current Changes

i agree to you! i dont think this changes have nerfed the gameplay. They enhance it!

i hope the aggro system will be fine tuned because to attack only the lowest is boring! Attack the group is ok!

Then i hope they will give us strong solo monsters for groupplay.

To give a little is to receive a little. Hmm.

Confectioners have given a lot, a lot of time, a lot of patience and what have they received ? nothing.

For most of us it?s not about whether we agree with the changes or not. It?s about priorities and focus. I would much rather hear talk about one of the deficiencies being addressed first, not reworking a system that is not broken. Once the glaring deficiencies are addressed then by all means rework those parts of the game that you feel need restructuring.
    Master of the "Veiled Insult" .... Observe
    [veil]Your Mother was a hamster and your Father smells of elderberries[/veil]

Quote Originally Posted by Machivelli
    Confectioners have given a lot, a lot of time, a lot of patience and what have they received ? nothing.
    nothing yet.
    torvos: shadow/chaos shard (on vacation)
    100 mage/100 wizard/100 sorcerer/100 conjuror
    96 chaos warrior
    100 enchanter & member of the dark council

Explorer 86%, Socializer 46%,
    Killer 40%, Achiever 26%

Aboroth

Machivelli,

I did not say anything in my topic about confectioners, just about the new mith and aggro system.

If you of you are asking, they give us a mith change, but what do we get, possibly the answer to that is the new tier 6 forms coming out. The reason why mith may be changed and not others, is due to the fact that you can mix metal and not stone etc.

The new mith formula does not enhance gameplay positively. It only adds more time to process, it doesn't help an already ailing storyline and it doesn't help an anorexic playerbase.
    No matter how you look at it, this doesn't make mithiril harder...don't fool yourself. It just makes it more boring.

I love these "don't worry, be happy" threads. But how many do we need?
    100 Adventure/Crafter following the path of Helian

Expert Lairshaper
    Grand hall complete.

Aboroth

Quote Originally Posted by Death-Knell
    The new mith formula does not enhance gameplay positively. It only adds more time to process, it doesn't help an already ailing storyline and it doesn't help an anorexic playerbase.
    No matter how you look at it, this doesn't make mithiril harder...don't fool yourself. It just makes it more boring.

I thing we need more "dont worry be happy" thread because more people are considering it a "nerf" and complaining then there are "dont woory be happy" threads, there are more negitives then positives i seems.

Aboroth

Quote Originally Posted by Vlisson
    i agree to you! i dont think this changes have nerfed the gameplay. They enhance it!

i hope the aggro system will be fine tuned because to attack only the lowest is boring! Attack the group is ok!

Then i hope they will give us strong solo monsters for groupplay.
    love the enthusium!! and thxs for agreeing

Altho as far as attacking the lowest player, i agree but lwo lvl people should know the risks of going out with a higher rated group. Besides they can be used as bait , run away fron a creature while your attacking to get it down a good half way before it attacks you ! LOL im just kidding on that part [:D]

but only when it makes sense, I knock a mobs health bar in half with a shot or 2 and the mob attacks the guy who hasn't done any damage?

Expert Lairshaper
    Grand hall complete.

Quote Originally Posted by Aboroth
    [img]/Web/Themes/default/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Death-Knell wrote: The new mith formula does not enhance gameplay positively. It only adds more time to process, it doesn't help an already ailing storyline and it doesn't help an anorexic playerbase.

I thing we need more "dont worry be happy" thread because more people are considering it a "nerf" and complaining then there are "dont woory be happy" threads, there are more negitives then positives i seems.
    Well no matter how many of these threads pop up it doesn't change the fact that when you make changes that affect so many people negatively you're going to have to expect that to reflect on the boards. And on the mithiril end this is a negative change. Now tier 3 and 4 I say, "it's about time". But for mithiril not only does it add one more step, but I have every confidence when they implement it will be even more messed up. I can see myself having to make runs to Kira just to get enough cobalt to do the job. Yes, I have that much confidence in Tulga!
    They can't seem to connect the dots between game and fun.

Expert Lairshaper
    Grand hall complete.

Quote Originally Posted by Aboroth
    [img]/Web/Themes/default/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Machivelli wrote:

Machivelli,

I did not say anything in my topic about confectioners, just about the new mith and aggro system.

If you of you are asking, they give us a mith change, but what do we get, possibly the answer to that is the new tier 6 forms coming out. The reason why mith may be changed and not others, is due to the fact that you can mix metal and not stone etc.
    I used Confectioners as a point of reference to counter your ?Give a little, Get a little? analogy, nothing more than that.

I?ve heard that argument (or line of thinking) offered up on Chaos. I can?t see where changing Mith has anything to do with T6 metal forms. It was stated a while back that Adamantium was going to be an Alloy. Ok, great, it?s an alloy. So we have Bronze (alloy with mix resource nodes to make it pure), Iron (pure), Steel (alloy), Cobalt (alloy), Mith (pure), Adamantium (alloy). How does changing Mith influence this? And the Mith change is now subject to speculation as they have stated that they are looking at other options (keeping it pure but changing the ratios, using plat etc.).

The stated (as so much in this is what is being reverberated throughout the servers, and here on the boards) purpose for the change is to slow the leveling progression of those schools that utilize metals. Thus the change is viewed upon as a ?Nerf?. It?s not making a change to bring mith inline with the story, or to give it added functionality or durability. Just simply to restructure an area the dev?s feel is being used to level faster then they had wished or intended.

The ?Nothing yet? comment tjl is exactly the point. We haven?t heard any news of them testing out new confectioner forms, food sources or uses. In fact it?s not even on the docket until August. So as of right now, when the testing of reworking mith is taking place on Blight, there is not one confectioner issue even close to testing. Priorities and focus, all it boils down too. I and a few others don?t agree with the Dev?s on what should be worked first. Pretty simple, we don?t have a hand in setting those priorities, so we voice our opposition to them here. Or if you?re in favor of them, then you voice you?re support here.
    Master of the "Veiled Insult" .... Observe
    [veil]Your Mother was a hamster and your Father smells of elderberries[/veil]

Aboroth

but only when it makes sense, I knock a mobs health bar in half with a shot or 2 and the mob attacks the guy who hasn't done any damage?
    Yes, i never sayed the aggro system was perfect, things like this i belive due need to be fixed, as well as the mob going off to hunt another group or a near by craftsman.

Aboroth

Well no matter how many of these threads pop up it doesn't change the fact that when you make changes that affect so many people negatively you're going to have to expect that to reflect on the boards. And on the mithiril end this is a negative change. Now tier 3 and 4 I say, "it's about time". But for mithiril not only does it add one more step, but I have every confidence when they implement it will be even more messed up. I can see myself having to make runs to Kira just to get enough cobalt to do the job. Yes, I have that much confidence in Tulga!
    They can't seem to connect the dots between game and fun.
    As sayed on the change, cobalt will now be in with the mithril for starters, it would eb a pain making a trip but no need if cobalt is going to be there as stated.

And im not trying to change peoples opioions, and yes i do suspect it to pop up on the boards, things need to be disscussed i understand. If you have read the first post, i simply sayed these are my opioions and i do not mean to be rude.

I understand cobalt will be in with the mith, but so far you can't tell the difference between cobalt and mithiriland theres not near enough cobalt. Both problems would be solved by just giving up this rediculous change.

Put a community just north of the swamps, I'll even volunteer my little enchanter to provide all the essense required for the new machines.

Expert Lairshaper
    Grand hall complete.

Aboroth

I used Confectioners as a point of reference to counter your ?Give a little, Get a little? analogy, nothing more than that.

I?ve heard that argument (or line of thinking) offered up on Chaos. I can?t see where changing Mith has anything to do with T6 metal forms. It was stated a while back that Adamantium was going to be an Alloy. Ok, great, it?s an alloy. So we have Bronze (alloy with mix resource nodes to make it pure), Iron (pure), Steel (alloy), Cobalt (alloy), Mith (pure), Adamantium (alloy). How does changing Mith influence this? And the Mith change is now subject to speculation as they have stated that they are looking at other options (keeping it pure but changing the ratios, using plat etc.).

The stated (as so much in this is what is being reverberated throughout the servers, and here on the boards) purpose for the change is to slow the leveling progression of those schools that utilize metals. Thus the change is viewed upon as a ?Nerf?. It?s not making a change to bring mith inline with the story, or to give it added functionality or durability. Just simply to restructure an area the dev?s feel is being used to level faster then they had wished or intended.

The ?Nothing yet? comment tjl is exactly the point. We haven?t heard any news of them testing out new confectioner forms, food sources or uses. In fact it?s not even on the docket until August. So as of right now, when the testing of reworking mith is taking place on Blight, there is not one confectioner issue even close to testing. Priorities and focus, all it boils down too. I and a few others don?t agree with the Dev?s on what should be worked first. Pretty simple, we don?t have a hand in setting those priorities, so we voice our opposition to them here. Or if you?re in favor of them, then you voice you?re support here.
    Which is all im doing, expression my opioions, none the less.

And confectioneers maybe not a priority due to the face the only thing i needed a confectioner for was ambrosia, which requires EoBs which i was to lazy to get, so i simply went to a ambrosia vendor ( not sayign confectioners are useless, once again just expression my opioion ) . And if you feel confectioner is so bad, simply dont do it, i mean everyone told me to go ranger instead of elemental archer because they have been badly nerfed (this is an example). So i knew the risks of doing ELAR, i still did the class, but did i complain, no because that was my decision, just liek it your decision to pick the confectioneer class, and can also due a different class multiclassing.

As i have stated before these are my opioions and i can't stress that enough, i may be wrong to others, right to some, i do NOT mean to be rude etc, if you have taken that from what i have said.

Aboroth

Blarg!, fogot to say one other thing lol [:P]

Manypeople hate nerfs, if it messes up there "game plan" or how easy the game is . But on the forums there is talk abotu equppment duribility and how after you taken a beating got to get you armor repaired. Which i think is a good idea however, that would be a nerf correct?, now you got to take the timeo get armor repaired and spend money doing it. Yet it is a nerf that people want, so as far as im concerned people only "omplain" when its not something they want.

If you catch my drift.

You know I'm still trying to figure out how in the world some think that Tulga owes us some explanation. Yes it would be nice to know things and I think they release what they need to.

Just like at my job, just because you work there doesn't mean your privy to the information. So no, Tulga doesnt owe us a ******** thing.

And like I always say, you have to make a mess before you can clean it.

If its so bad of a game and you dislike it so much then leave, simple. I know if I was in as much discontent as others I see here, I would leave.

Bye go away, good riddens, see ya, asta la vesta, aloha!!!!!

Jayne

Quote Originally Posted by Jayne
    If its so bad of a game and you dislike it so much then leave, simple. I know if I was in as much discontent as others I see here, I would leave.

Bye go away, good riddens, see ya, asta la vesta, aloha!!!!!

Jayne
    Its this kind of response that leads to bankruptcy. You need to encourage people to play. And if you can't handle people expressing their opinion in an open forum you might want to re-thing your viewing options.

Expert Lairshaper
    Grand hall complete.

Jayne, and what actually gives you the right to think that you can tell other players to bugger off and leave??

Just curious.

Rainbow

Same right apparently others have to voice there opinion. Yes I think if its so bad then maybe people should see whats better out there to there liking and leave.

Jayne

Thread Information