Awdz stowed her carpentry hammer after placing another 3 brace units on the guildhouse. The crafting was going slowly; she was not very efficient at it yet, but at least she was making progress.

Stretching, Awdz let out a low groan from her tired muscles, and decided it was time for some relaxation... and there was one in particular with whom she would like to unwind. Calling to Sir Cero, she asked him to meet her at a remote spot on the border between icy Kirasanct and burning Dralk. Awdz made her way to where the ice melted upon meeting the lava, forming a wide pool of warm water that got no deeper than her shoulders. She found it fascinating how one could select their preferred temperature by sitting closer to the icy side or the lava side. Spotting Cero as he approached, she dug quickly into her pack. "I was hoping you would let me bathe you, I find it helps me relax - which I can certainly use about now - but I cannot scrub through armor, so would you be willing to wear these?" Pulling out a pair of shorts adorned with hearts, Awdz handed them to Cero. "I need to get some items I have stowed nearby, I will be right back." With that, Awdz scampered over a hill, leaving Cero looking bemusedly at the shorts. Cero changed into the shorts and waded into a comfortable spot in the pool by the time Awdz returned. Awdz was now dressed in a soft cotton shift and carrying a satchel. Reaching in, she pulled out sandstone mixed with flax blossoms. "You will have to sit so I can reach your head, if you do not mind?" Awdz looked at Cero expectantly. At that, Cero promptly sat and made himself comfortable. Awdz began with gently massaging the scrub into Cero's scalp, then ducked his head under the water to rinse it. "Hey!" Cero came up spluttering. "Oops, sorry, forgot to warn you!" Awdz replied, a mischievous twinkle in her eye. Without missing a beat, she began rubbing the scrub across Cero's shoulders, working her way slowly down his back. When she got to the bottom of his back, she pulled him backwards so he went underwater again. Cero, a bit more wary now, grabbed Awdz and ducked her under as he went in. Both came up gasping for breath and laughing at the other. "Hey, I was just trying to rinse you!" Awdz protested feebly. Scooping up more of the scrub, she tackled his arms, chest, and legs, "rinsing" each as they were scrubbed, unsuccessfully trying to avoid Cero's splashing her in return. Thoroughly soaked by the time Cero was clean, Awdz clambered out of the pool and pulled out soft dry kenaf towels. After using one on herself, she offered it to Cero, who picked up a towel of his own to dry off with. Giggling, Awdz snapped the towel at Cero, missing him by a length. Awdz reached again into her satchel and pulled out a jar filled with flax blooms from Kion, cottonseed oil from Mahagra, and lillies from ruxus mountain. "I find this helps keep my hands softer after crafting, and is nice all over after a bath," Awdz stated. With that, she proceeded to massage the lotion tenderly but firmly into Cero's back, arms, chest and legs, enjoying his physique and marveling at the strength in his sinewy muscles. As she finished applying the lotion, she cleaned off her hands on her towel, and twirled a lock of Cero's hair around her finger. "I feel much refreshed now, and you?" Awdz looked into Cero's eyes, happier now than she had been in weeks. "I really needed that to unwind, and I thank you for coming." Gathering up her things, Awdz scampered off into the hills, turning at the top to wink mischievously at Cero in hopes he might give chase. Cero stood chuckling as Awdz scurried amongst the rocks and crested the mountain ridge, vanishing on the other side. As he took up his gear and ran quietly behind her, he wondered to himself if she had any idea how refreshing her gnomish baths were. As he topped the ridge, he felt as though he could face any challenge; in fact many of his fondest memories of either brave, or silly, things he had tried often involved a certain blue-haired gnome. Casting his gaze amongst the tall maples in the valley, his notions were soon confirmed; Awdz stood dutifully at the base of a fine specimen of tree, hacking mercilessly at it with an axe. My axe? Cero chuckled, knowing how much work it had done for him, and could only imagine how many more trees fell to it in her capable hands. He stalked slowly down the jagged rocks, careful to mind his shadow and his scent in her presence; the lovely Ranger could be as sharp as the fyakki's talons she often faced in combat. As she made short work of the tree, Cero decided it time to return some of the gnomish playfulness he so adored. Hiding behind a bush, he set his bow at his feet and began concentrating on the tree. With a slight wiggle of his fingers and a wink, he attempted to use his powers to Spellbind the tree. His ability to hold the beasts of Istaria motionless were well known; why then should he not be able to hold something meant to be motionless? His concentration unwavering, it was all he could do not to laugh uproariously as Awdz stood scratching her head, pacing the rim of the tree in awe as it stood rigid. She passed her arm through the huge chunk she had removed, wondering if perhaps some invisible force were there that could be pushed out. She hacked at the tree again, this time from the other side, until the massive maple stood transfixed with only the finest sinew of wood balanced atop an hourglass of fiber. By now the master carpenter was truly confounded. The great tree occasionally creaked and groaned, but Cero knew from experience he could sit here and mind this tree stand forever if he so wished. Awdz pushed, shoved, and kicked at the tree; the axe having been tossed at her feet in frustration. Cero could contain himself no longer; he grabbed his bow, focused his thoughts on the tree once more, and stood. "Having problems Miss?", he shouted, now smiling ear to ear. "YOU!", Awdz shouted, both irritated and amused now. Cero drew his arrow carefully, and winked at Awdz. "Better not to stand too close, no way of knowing which way it will fall!" And with that, he loosed the arrow, releasing the tree from his spell as it impacted the fine thread seemingly holding up the entire tree. With a snap, it began to fall, slowly at first, then thundering down to the ground opposite Awdz. As he neared the small gnome, she gave him a playful push, and went about dragging the tree to the woodshop. Smiling, Cero took up the other end, and they carried the tree together. He did not know if Awdz's magic was at work, but oddly enough the two different races worked in perfect harmony despite their obvious height differences. Cero didn't care; he was helping his blue-haired angel, and would do so well into the night, having brought out his huge disk gifted him when he became a centurion Armorer, and fashioning himself some crude tools from steel. He smiled as they worked, and often smiled as Awdz commented on the sweet scent that often tickled her nose; he had taken to forging all his metals with flax oil imbued into the bars. As always, he wondered if she knew just how much of an impact she had on him... Awdz finished the latest load of maple with a satisfied smile, then watched Cero pack up his disk. Cero's help was invaluable, and she wished she could do more to thank him. Stuffing her cobalt tools into her pack, she remembered that she never had returned his excellent steel tools after finishing her oak work. Splat! Awdz hit Cero with a large snowball, laughed mischievously and took off for Mahagra. Cero startled at the cold hit, then took up the chase. As the terrain changed to snowy hills, Awdz stopped to make a snow angel. Cero caught up, scooped up a handful of snow, and beaned Awdz with it as she made wings in the snow. "Hey! No fair, I'm making a snow angel!" Awdz protested. Cero chuckled and helped Awdz up, only to get beaned himself with another snowball. A merry chase ensued, until Awdz tried taking refuge in a snow-covered oak tree. Cero easily targeted her through the branches with each snowball he tossed. Awdz, chagrined with her poor choice of cover, retaliated in the only way she effectively could: she shook the snow-covered branches so that a small avalanche landed on Cero. Cero shook the snow out of his face in time to see Awdz slipping out of the tree and running for Gwillimena's house. Quietly he snuck around to the house from another direction, only to get rooted by a very watchful Awdz. She ran up, beeped his nose, and said, "Come on inside, I think I have your tools stored in here, and I need to get out of this sweaty crafting gear. Care to get a fire going in the fireplace while I change?" Letting Cero and herself into Gwill's house, Awdz headed into another room while Cero set to the task of putting logs in the fireplace and summoning his magic to start flames licking the wood. Awdz emerged in clean clothes, smiled at the warm fire Cero started both in the fireplace and in her heart, and headed to the kitchen. "Care for some hot cocoa?" Awdz got a kettle going and rummaged through Gwill's cupboards. "Ooh!" Awdz pulled out peppermint sticks and popcorn in addition to the cocoa. "I love stirring my cocoa with a peppermint stick, and we can make some popcorn too!" Awdz gave the cocoa and peppermint sticks to Cero, pulled out some mugs and a pot from the cupboards, and started cooking the popcorn on the stove. Cero promptly used the cocoa in the mugs to make perfectly chocolately drinks, and carefully placed one peppermint stick alongside each mug. Awdz picked up a mug and began stirring the contents with a peppermint stick. As it melted in the hot cocoa, Awdz took a deep drink. "Mmmmm, perfect... just like the one who made it!" Cero blushed and helped himself to the other mug, enjoying the warm drink after playing in the cold snow. While the popcorn popped away, Awdz pulled out a blanket which she spread near the fire, and plopped down on it. "Come watch the fire?" she invited Cero to sit near her. She watched his muscular physique with pleasure as Cero brought his mug and carefully sat while sipping more cocoa. Just as he got settled, Awdz jumped up. "The popcorn!" Awdz ran back to the kitchen, opened the windows, and took the smoking pot off the stove. "Aww crumblies... Well, I think I can salvage about half of it... You stay put!" she ordered Cero. Amused, Cero obediently stayed put and sipped more cocoa as he listened to Awdz banging about in the kitchen. Shortly Awdz returned with a small bowl of popcorn. "It's a bit more buttery and salty than usual, since half the batch was thrown away, and I measured the same as usual of butter and salt," Awdz explained as she sat next to Cero. "Open up!" Awdz tossed a piece of popcorn which hit Cero on the nose. Cero grinned, and caught the next several pieces Awdz tossed at him, barely managing not to gag on the heavy salt. Cero took the bowl from Awdz and tossed popcorn for her to catch; she seemed to savor the overseasoning. Eventually, the popcorn and cocoa consumed, they sat back to just gaze at the dancing flames of the fire. Awdz leaned her head on Cero's shoulder, and time stopped. A moment of perfect contentment, feeling like it has always been and always will be, filled her senses. Awdz knew she would treasure the time with her beloved Cero always. Awdz awoke alone, wrapped in the blanket before the now cold fireplace. The dishes from the night before were already cleared and the room straightened. Sleepily she sat up, and her gaze fell upon the ashes. A contented smile formed on her face as she remembered the warmth that danced across her flesh in the light of that fire the night before. She wondered if Cero had any idea how intensely she missed him when they were apart... Rising, Awdz headed to the kitchen for klava to help her face the new day. There, she was delighted by a single flax bloom left on the table next to a peppermint stick.