Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Blight Patch Notes - 7/27/05

Default Re: Blight Patch Notes - 7/27/05

Quote Originally Posted by oluviel
    Possibly your out of the loop. To create cobalt you need tier 3 bars that in turn need tier 2 bars to create them. Get the picture?

PLatinum however is just platinum, you don't need gold to create it. Not to mention it will be palced close to the mithril.

Your faced with doing cobalt and having to run around to all previous tier areas just to make a few tier 5 stuff, orusing platinum and beingable to stay within the tier 5 mithril area while creating the bars.

Oluviel, perhaps your the one thats out of the 'loop' a review of the proposed metal changes will reveal to you that the new metals will require ORE not processed bars of the previous tier... so mith bars are intended to be mith ore and was meant to be cobalt ore, now its changed to plat ore.

Read it for yourself here

http://community.istaria.com/Web/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=81211

Quote Originally Posted by Manga

Journeyman and Expert Metal Bar Formulae have been changed to the following:[*]Steel Bars require 4-2 Nickel Ore and 2-1 Iron Ore[*]Cobalt Bars require 4-2 Cobalt Ore and 2-1 Nickel Ore[*]Mithril Bars require 4-2 Mithril Ore and 2-1 Cobalt Ore[/list]
    25 months waiting for expert CNF forms. Tired of the intentional deceptions and being kicked in the junk.

ADV: Centenarian Nature Walker; Rating: 162
    Craft: 1900 levels; Craft Rating: 234
    DRGN: Lunus, Adult, 100 DRAG, 100 DCRA, 100 DLSH, Expert Lairshaper (Chaos-04)

No, try not! Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda

If the enemy presents an opportunity, take advantage of it - Sun Tzu

Having problems with my right to speak? Report me or click here *Ignore Seranthor*

While I am not in favor of the mithril being an alloy, I think the reason the change from cobalt to platinum ore will be because they have some lore setup to explain it. Probably, since platinum is a pure precious metal and is needed to keep the mithril intact.

I am glad the weapon dye forms and stuff are going to blight finally. [:D]

GhostRdr -
    100- RVR, SPRT, HLR, CONJ, SHMN, GRD
    100- BLK, WPN, FIT, MSN

Fayde- 69 Adult Lunus/35 craft
    82nd Level Hoard
    Member of the Dark Council
    Nana & Gerard Guild Communities

[*]Blighted Essence has been added to all Withered Aegis monsters, and can be used to construct Blighted Orbs. These Blighted Orbs can then be used to construct Blight Cores.[/list]
    This one has me interested the most... those are some nice additions on blight.
    torvos: shadow/chaos shard (on vacation)
    100 mage/100 wizard/100 sorcerer/100 conjuror
    96 chaos warrior
    100 enchanter & member of the dark council

Explorer 86%, Socializer 46%,
    Killer 40%, Achiever 26%

Quote Originally Posted by Amon Gwareth
    Created Armor and Weapon Dye Kits. Once these kits are crafted, they can be dragged onto pre-crafted items in order to change their color. The formulas for Beginner and Journeyman Armor Dye Kits can be obtained from Sshranu the Alchemist Trainer in Sslanis. Expert Armor and Weapon Dye Kits will be dropped as monster loot.

I really love to see this one [:D]

Blighted Essence has been added to all Withered Aegis monsters, and can be used to construct Blighted Orbs. These Blighted Orbs can then be used to construct Blight Cores.
    Hehe finally we can do the uber Blight Protection Potion again - hehehe well maybe worth a try if hunting Shamans.

PS: I still think that theMithril chnage is a mess -but well -guess most already know...

Joaqim - Multiclassed God on Unity
    "I'm Immortal, I'm Glorious, I'm Supreme, I'm My Saviour"

Beleenda - Goddess of Melee
    "Kill 'em all, let God sort them out"

While I won't benefit or ever farm for the new refurbished loot on t1 mobs, it IS loot, and I think this change will help interest new players. Yes, the refurb loot is sub par, but it WILL give a new player a means of getting equipment.

I only hope that they will expand this "loot" that they are adding :)
    Twelvebagger
    12x100. <-- I did monk!
    Twelvebagger's Mistress (pinkie!)
    Redo the loot tables and bring on the undead hordes! (*Hands Beer to NimK)

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor
    Oluviel, perhaps your the one thats out of the 'loop' a review of the proposed metal changes will reveal to you that the new metals will require ORE not processed bars of the previous tier... so mith bars are intended to be mith ore and was meant to be cobalt ore, now its changed to plat ore
    Indeed. I didn't mean to compare to hwo things are now on live, but how it was changed on blight. All this second change to mith bars effectively did, is switch cobalt ore to platinum ore.

Since it appears people haven't been reading previous threads on this subject [;)] I'll state again that I'm not very happy with the current state of metals. The good thing this change has done is it has brought to general awareness the unequal treatment metal crafters are currently getting. No other resource type needs to be alloyed at any tier.

I'd like to see metal bars brough to similar simplicity with the rest of the base resources. This should be done in conjunction with an overall review of resource spots of all types and their accessibility. If the developers want to add more complexity to crafting, it should be done as additional resource requirements to finished goods. For example, swords could well require either wood or leather strips to constuct the grip. Many forms of armor would use a layer of cloth padding (in real life, plate armor had padding beneath it). Studded leather would require metal pieces. Bows need their strings. And so forth. Unfortunately, the current rigid class-based crafting system - as opposed to a skill based system - doesn't too well wrap around such an idea.

Dragon adventurer 100 | Dragon crafter 100 | Dragon lairshaper 84

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor
    [img]/Web/Themes/Generic/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]oluviel wrote:
    Possibly your out of the loop. To create cobalt you need tier 3 bars that in turn need tier 2 bars to create them. Get the picture?

PLatinum however is just platinum, you don't need gold to create it. Not to mention it will be palced close to the mithril.

Your faced with doing cobalt and having to run around to all previous tier areas just to make a few tier 5 stuff, orusing platinum and beingable to stay within the tier 5 mithril area while creating the bars.

Oluviel, perhaps your the one thats out of the 'loop' a review of the proposed metal changes will reveal to you that the new metals will require ORE not processed bars of the previous tier... so mith bars are intended to be mith ore and was meant to be cobalt ore, now its changed to plat ore.

Read it for yourself here

http://community.istaria.com/Web/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=81211

All i can say is blah, i glanced them over thinking the dev'sintentions and the player's reasons for complaintwere about making mithrilcrafting more of a challenge, so i didn't even notice ore rather than bars. Why in the hell is anyone complaining if this is the case?

Correct me if my memory is wrong but the old way for cobalt and suchUSED to work with bars from the previous tierright? Maybe i've jumbled what i thought the process was with something else, but if you only need ore of the previous tier and that previous tier will be found amongst mithril it is hardly an inconvenience.I just cannot understand any negativity directed towards this change except those who wish it were harder. Actually, if this is the case tier 3 and 4 have been made easier while tier 5 has been made slightly less efficient.

some people just don't get it.

First some object to the corruption of mithiril.

Others object to the fact that metalcrafters are the only craftsmen who have to alloy. Why do they have to alloy? Metalcrafters don't get any extra benefit from their class, they get the exact same reward as any other crafting class. Why should it be harder?

Lastly a group ofplayers think it's just a half-arse solution to keep the whiners at bay.

100 Adventure/Crafter following the path of Helian

Expert Lairshaper
    Grand hall complete.

Cobalt or Platinum doesn't make a difference. Its still a bad solution to the "problem" of "Mithril is too easy"

Why change from Cobalt if you are still going with the alloy idea?

This change still doesn't the fact that metal is STILL the only resource that must go through the alloy process. Please don't explain the fact that you can't alloy other resources because of the nature of metal. We have been down that road and don't need to go again.

If you want reasons why this is a bad idea refer to this thread. http://community.istaria.com/Web/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=81211Just replace all instances of the work Cobalt with Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by Death-Knell
    [img]/Web/Themes/default/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Blue Hasia wrote: Mith bars were always way to easy I felt like I was making bronze bars with making the recipe more complex it will now make it harder and making it feellike it truly is a t5 metal bar rather than bronze

So I guess your immune to Mherdon, he killed me just the other day. Guess your immune to the other golems that seem to pop 4 at a time .
    well yes in a way...I got wings and I just fly from safespot to safespot[:D]

The environment you find tier 5 is expected to be harsh. This game started with a crafter/adventurer relationship in mind and it hasn't realy come true. It's always best to be both.

The environment you find tier 5 is expected to be harsh. This game started with a crafter/adventurer relationship in mind and it hasn't realy come true. It's always best to be both.
    Yeah, bring those Blight Anchors back! Everyone is missing them!

Correct me if my memory is wrong but the old way for cobalt and suchUSED to work with bars from the previous tierright? Maybe i've jumbled what i thought the process was with something else, but if you only need ore of the previous tier and that previous tier will be found amongst mithril it is hardly an inconvenience.I just cannot understand any negativity directed towards this change except those who wish it were harder. Actually, if this is the case tier 3 and 4 have been made easier while tier 5 has been made slightly less efficient.
    Let me guess, you haven't ever smelted one metal bar higher then T2!

There is a buzz in Dalimond as the townsfolk greet a new arrival. Solistan, an Imperial Recognition Officer, was recently dispatched from Tazoon, and has just completed his journey. Many people are curious as to what has brought him to their town on the Vandus March.
    Emblems??? *drools*

[*]Anti-Lycanthropy Salve now has a 5 minute timer.[*]Trial Anti-Lycanthropy Salve now has a 10 minute timer.
    Ummm, I'll take "Whoa! What the Heck is This?" for $500, Art . . . .
    Before you criticize anyone, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticize him, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have his shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by Joaqim
    [img]/Web/Themes/default/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]oluviel wrote:

Let me guess, you haven't ever smelted one metal bar higher then T2!
    When i reached level 100 after about 10 months i stoped playing. Sorry if the last metal bar i smelted is about 8 months old but that's the way it goes. You see if you are more concerned with reality you can forget a lot about gaming.

ONce againcorrect me if i'm wrong, and tell me why i'm wrong

Old rules of creatingmetal bars according to my memory

T3 1steel ore 1 iron bar

T4 1cobalt ore 1 steel bar

T5 MIthril ore

[img]/Web/Themes/default/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]oluviel wrote: The environment you find tier 5 is expected to be harsh. This game started with a crafter/adventurer relationship in mind and it hasn't realy come true. It's always best to be both.

Yeah, bring those Blight Anchors back! Everyone is missing them!
    Yeah why have challenge in an mmorpg, it has no place here!

Some nice changes and good to see some quests being added. I am also glad to see that many of the tech comps that previously were brown boxes shall now have icons associated with them.

Regarding the mith change. I would still prefer to see either skill required increased or max efficiency decreased I don't think tedious=more difficult just more annoying. On the other hand I also laugh at all the mith cry babies HAHA.
    Zodias of Order
    Sprit Disciple Quilt, Miner

Monk Issue List

Quote Originally Posted by evilkarl
    Some nice changes and good to see some quests being added. I am also glad to see that many of the tech comps that previously were brown boxes shall now have icons associated with them.

Regarding the mith change. I would still prefer to see either skill required increased or max efficiency decreased I don't think tedious=more difficult just more annoying. On the other hand I also laugh at all the mith cry babies HAHA.
    The change is a slap in the face to the casual players. The 24/7 folks, the power levelers, the kids without jobs, have all reached and gone past the mithril stage.

Those of us who have been plugging away for 590 days and still haven't reached the mithril stage, I guess we're the crybabies. Even if I can't play 12-20 hours a day, my sub counts just as much as anyone else's and I think this is a bad thing to implement for those of us who have been looking forward to freedom from alloys, at least for a few levels.
    Brassandyn and Landowyn
    The Steelworks. Realm of Order

The other issue of real importance is the xp/ore dug. When I checked the previous version on Blight, there was also a reduction of xp/ore of more than 30%. In the long run an xp change may be more important than the alloying as such. This needs to be checked again, not sure when I'll get to it. Someone else should confirm anyway.
    ____Kulamata Quality Armor___
    None Genuine without this Pawprint `',''

Achiever 86%, Explorer 60%, Socializer 46%, Killer 6%.

Quote Originally Posted by Brassandyn
    The change is a slap in the face to the casual players. The 24/7 folks, the power levelers, the kids without jobs, have all reached and gone past the mithril stage.

Those of us who have been plugging away for 590 days and still haven't reached the mithril stage, I guess we're the crybabies. Even if I can't play 12-20 hours a day, my sub counts just as much as anyone else's and I think this is a bad thing to implement for those of us who have been looking forward to freedom from alloys, at least for a few levels.
    Sooo...you're saying it takes 12-20 hours a day to reach mithril status? Where do you get that from? I may not have a whole bunch of adv levels, but I worked armorer from 10-85 all off of non mithril, with maybe 6 hours a day total available, usually 4...I used mithril for the last part, with even less time...It doesn't take powergaming, it takes prioritizing...

Me personally, I think the alloying of mithrilisn't a good idea, but it's workable...

IF the different nodes spawn in appropriate ratios...That is the big stipulation...The change will not affect my leveling too much, and it won't even make working the material too much more difficult...The main difference is that you'll get 2/3 the resources per load, and if you don't have the right ratio of nodes you'll get too many of one type...

The blight changes look great...I just hope that the mithril change is done correctly...And Devs, don't be discouraged by the huge amount of negativity over one thing and few notices of the rest...As there are two patches this week, it seems you've done a huge amount of work...

Thank you
    Death is the ultimate dilemma and integral to the beliefs and behavior of every culture. Life is bore on the corpses of the dead. Without death, there would be no motivation to do anything. The only emotion would be existing. Life would be pestilent and agonizing.

Ssilmath Torshak
    Paladin of Kass, Master Armorsmith

Quote Originally Posted by Durand
    Whatever happened to Darkstaff?

&lt;looks at the ongoing debate&gt;
    He probably quit.

Why make mithril harder? Leveling a craft isnt the game, just a way to make better stuff. Click on a few rocks, find the quickest route to a machine, and do it again. Big ******** deal, who cares if its harder or easier. Its still boring! and ads absolutely 0% fun to the game one way or another. Any bonehead knows all you really need in ANY craft trade is around 82 levels to triple tech anything. Tech your gear and find a jman shop and your good to go. Really no need to hit 100 anyways.

Besides that I really dont see anything to stain my briches over in this patch.

When bloodmages have the ability to turn into a bat, I might have to change briches thou.

Life is good :)

NimKhazad

redo the loot tables and bring on the undead hordes!

Thread Information