Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Blight Patch Notes - 7/27/05

Default Re: Blight Patch Notes - 7/27/05

Quote Originally Posted by Ssilmath
    [img]/Web/Themes/default/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Brassandyn wrote:
    The change is a slap in the face to the casual players. The 24/7 folks, the power levelers, the kids without jobs, have all reached and gone past the mithril stage.

Those of us who have been plugging away for 590 days and still haven't reached the mithril stage, I guess we're the crybabies. Even if I can't play 12-20 hours a day, my sub counts just as much as anyone else's and I think this is a bad thing to implement for those of us who have been looking forward to freedom from alloys, at least for a few levels.

Sooo...you're saying it takes 12-20 hours a day to reach mithril status? Where do you get that from? I may not have a whole bunch of adv levels, but I worked armorer from 10-85 all off of non mithril, with maybe 6 hours a day total available, usually 4...I used mithril for the last part, with even less time...It doesn't take powergaming, it takes prioritizing...

Me personally, I think the alloying of mithrilisn't a good idea, but it's workable...

IF the different nodes spawn in appropriate ratios...That is the big stipulation...The change will not affect my leveling too much, and it won't even make working the material too much more difficult...The main difference is that you'll get 2/3 the resources per load, and if you don't have the right ratio of nodes you'll get too many of one type...

The blight changes look great...I just hope that the mithril change is done correctly...And Devs, don't be discouraged by the huge amount of negativity over one thing and few notices of the rest...As there are two patches this week, it seems you've done a huge amount of work...

Thank you
    In my own case, I didn't think there were be any hurry to get to mithril because I assumed, when I returned from my 4-month hiatus in World of Warcraft, that mithril mining was as intended. So, there was no need to prioritize.

Had I known two or three months ago that mithril was to be changed I might have been able to stop what I was doing -- actually building two 75x75 plots for al most NO experience because most of it was t1 and t2 -- and prioritize mining or fitting.

That's why I think changing the way mithril is done at this stage is a mistake. It will only anger people, like me, who didn't think it needed to be fixed and wasn't hollering to have it fixed.

Change is often good. Sometimes it's not and it creates anger and frustration. Guess which one I'd be feeling if mithril is changed?
    Brassandyn and Landowyn
    The Steelworks. Realm of Order

Quote Originally Posted by oluviel
    ONce againcorrect me if i'm wrong, and tell me why i'm wrong

Old rules of creatingmetal bars according to my memory

T3 1steel ore 1 iron bar

T4 1cobalt ore 1 steel bar

T5 MIthril ore
    My comments were aimed to T3 and T5 - and now take a look at the new "easy" sytem:
    T3-new: 1 Iron Ore + 2 Nickel Ore

T3-old: 2 Iron Ore + 1 Nickel Ore - you were also able to gather all the ore 1st, go to smelter and then yes, you had to open two forms to make an iron bar and then a steel bar. With the new system on the other hand you will need to gather more higher Tier resources but only have to open one form. I don't see the point of "yeah, finally steel is made easier".

T5:
    using 50% more raw resources for a bar and making by far largest container ingame useless for that, is not "slighty less efficient".

Joaqim - Multiclassed God on Unity
    "I'm Immortal, I'm Glorious, I'm Supreme, I'm My Saviour"

Beleenda - Goddess of Melee
    "Kill 'em all, let God sort them out"

Whats missing from this list part 2.

1.) Beginner and Jman Weapon dye kits are missing.
    2.) Tanning bonus still missing from player built distilleries.
    3.)Enchanting bonuses still missing from player built cauldrons.

(more to come)
    25 months waiting for expert CNF forms. Tired of the intentional deceptions and being kicked in the junk.

ADV: Centenarian Nature Walker; Rating: 162
    Craft: 1900 levels; Craft Rating: 234
    DRGN: Lunus, Adult, 100 DRAG, 100 DCRA, 100 DLSH, Expert Lairshaper (Chaos-04)

No, try not! Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda

If the enemy presents an opportunity, take advantage of it - Sun Tzu

Having problems with my right to speak? Report me or click here *Ignore Seranthor*

Quote Originally Posted by Joaqim

My comments were aimed to T3 and T5 - and now take a look at the new "easy" sytem:
    T3-new: 1 Iron Ore + 2 Nickel Ore

T3-old: 2 Iron Ore + 1 Nickel Ore - you were also able to gather all the ore 1st, go to smelter and then yes, you had to open two forms to make an iron bar and then a steel bar. With the new system on the other hand you will need to gather more higher Tier resources but only have to open one form. I don't see the point of "yeah, finally steel is made easier".
    I searched my comments for "yeah, finnaly steel is made easier." I may have just overlooked it but this was the closest i could find to it, and it was taken somewhat out of context
    "if you only need ore of the previous tier and that previous tier will be found amongst mithrilit is hardly an inconvenience.I just cannot understand any negativity directed towards this change except those who wish it were harder. Actually, if this is the case tier 3 and 4 have been made easier while tier 5 has been made slightly less efficient"

T5:
    using 50% more raw resources for a bar and making by far largest container ingame useless for that, is not "slighty less efficient".
    I agree with you here maybe the container should be changed to hold two items rather than one, but mithril needed a change and you know it.

It turns to perception as to whether it is an inconvenience or not. For me and anyone else who reads what the devs say we knew mithril was going to be changed from the very beggining. Every day was a bonus that it remained in its old state.

We all knew tier 4 was way to hard, and tier 5 was simply a temp solution. All the devs have done here it streamlined the tiers to make them equally hard and in effect making them equallysimple as well.

"When bloodmages have the ability to turn into a bat" LOL
    nice patch overall. :)
    Soaring the skies of Istaria every day.

well really, if your going to screw it up why not go all the way. You shouldn't be contaminating mithiril with a lesser metal, thats just ****************. If you must alloy mith it should be combined with shining ess. Mith is a magical metal!
    100 Adventure/Crafter following the path of Helian

Expert Lairshaper
    Grand hall complete.

Quote Originally Posted by Death-Knell
    well really, if your going to screw it up why not go all the way. You shouldn't be contaminating mithiril with a lesser metal, thats just ****************. If you must alloy mith it should be combined with shining ess. Mith is a magical metal!
    Maybe you have something there, that would definitely slow things down. Not only would you have to be able to gather the mithril ore, but also be able to gather essence of that level. That would make mithril special alright!

Once again, this is not AD&D or other fantasy world where mithril may exist. In many worlds it does not. This is Istaria and the Istarian mithril could very well be different. For all intents and purposes I wish they would just change the name of it to Lirhtim, which should settle that argument. The authors of each and every Fantasy world have the right to change things as they see fit.

We do not have Middle Earth Elves, we have Istarian Elves.
    We do not have AD&D Dwarves, we have Istarian Dwarves.
    We do not have Pern Dragons, we have Istarian Dragons.
    Now we no longer have Forgotten realms Mithril, we have Istarian mithril.

As to making it harder, we win some and we lose some. The making of steel and cobalt bars is easier under the new system of ore only, mithril bar making is a bit more, albeit not that much, labor intensive. In my view they balance out quite nicely.
    Bori Grimbattle --->The Dwarf
    Sinistre Azazael---> The Fiend
    Adramaleck Flerious--->The Dragon

~Mystic Blades~
    ~Jambi,Order~

I will say this Im all for most of the changes but come on how long before we see the stuff on the live servers its been 6 weeks now. Some of the things wrong on the live servers should have been patched to us at least by now.
    Given enough time and the proper temperament anything doable in game is possible
    Confectioner first last and always

Ouch! Now *that* is a nerf! [:O]
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

Did I say I was comparing it to any of those things Bori? You can't say what is and isn't istarian when it comes to mithiril. Because at implementation MITHIRIL WAS PURE and thus it should remain so. So put away that high and mighty horse you climbed up on.

Expert Lairshaper
    Grand hall complete.

Did I say I was comparing it to any of those things Bori? You can't say what is and isn't istarian when it comes to mithiril. Because at implementation MITHIRIL WAS PURE and thus it should remain so. So put away that high and mighty horse you climbed up on.
    Tell you what. Let us make a deal. I will get down off the horse if you quit whining about a game change that when taken overall actually helps more people then cater to the whims of the current mithril crowd. And I happen to be working mithril now.

Who are you to insist that mithril should remain pure? Perhaps all the "PURE" mithril has been long ago mined out? If I have no right to say what is or is not Istarian then neither do you? Understand?

~Mystic Blades~
    ~Jambi,Order~

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Hasia
    [img]/Web/Themes/Generic/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Death-Knell wrote:....So I guess your immune to Mherdon, he killed me just the other day. Guess your immune to the other golems that seem to pop 4 at a time . Well yes in a way...I got wings and I just fly from safespot to safespot[img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-2.gif[/img]
    *sigh* You had to rub it in, didn't you? Now people will be agitating to have the golems supplied with shoulder-launched surface-to-air missiles. [W] Just kidding.... [:)]
    Regards;
    --------->Hasai

"I feel like a fugitive from the Law of Averages."

Well, lots of things are pure when they first appear....doesn't mean they stay that way - take blight effects for instance.

Bulgrim
    Putter'er of Crafts and Near Miss-Adventurer on Chaos
    Guild Leader - Council of War
    C.O.W. : "Milking the WA Daily....fear the cow"

I don't get the idea of using platinum. cobalt ore is more convenient for me than platinum. I'd be happier with the 6:1-3:1 pure mithril ore formula.

I've been in the mithril/cobalt fields on blight, and unless the quantities were changed in the latest patch, the lesser metals aren't abundant enough to be relied on unless you want to spend half your time looking for just hte lesser ore.

Who am I? I'm one of many players who think this change is uncalled for and bad for the game. Thats who I am!

And if you want to call someone who see's a problem and does his best to oppose it whining ....so be it! It's your so called whiners who made this a free country.

Expert Lairshaper
    Grand hall complete.

You have the right to your opinion as I have the right to mine. Telling me to get down off my high horse however does little to nothing to strengthen your argument. I could answer the same way. Who am I? I am one that has no problem with the proposed change.

~Mystic Blades~
    ~Jambi,Order~

Quote Originally Posted by Bori Grimbattle
    [img]/Web/Themes/default/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Death-Knell wrote: Did I say I was comparing it to any of those things Bori? You can't say what is and isn't istarian when it comes to mithiril. Because at implementation MITHIRIL WAS PURE and thus it should remain so. So put away that high and mighty horse you climbed up on.

Tell you what. Let us make a deal. I will get down off the horse if you quit whining about a game change that when taken overall actually helps more people then cater to the whims of the current mithril crowd. And I happen to be working mithril now.

Who are you to insist that mithril should remain pure? Perhaps all the "PURE" mithril has been long ago mined out? If I have no right to say what is or is not Istarian then neither do you? Understand?
    Who exactly does it help? The idea is dumb, takes valueable time to get correct and adds absolutely no fun to the game whatsoever. I guess your right, the Istarian way is to work on things that make no sense, tweaking mithril, werewolf island, blighted equipment, consignment stats on website that most players dont visit, on and on. When obvious problems get overlooked over and over again.

Again who exactly does messing with mithril help?

NimKhazad
    redo the loot tables and bring on the undead hordes!

So original implementation is more valid than any later revisions?

I guess you dragons should go back to having lousy armor, then.

"So original implementation is more valid than any later revisions?"

No, not always. But clicking on rocks, is still clicking on rocks no matter how you revise it. A game is not a game without a few heroes. A bunch of people clicking on rocks and chatting does not make for much excitement. No matter if they are bragging about having 10 100 craft levels or griping about how easy mithril is.
    Without excitement, clicking on rocks and any revision of clicking on rocks is a big waiste of time.

Heres the thing, whether you want to believe me or not. Most players are not very good at Horizons. Maybe they have a slow computer, maybe they dont spend alot of time playing, or maybe they just suck. But they still wanna be a part of it. Just like any other game, you have your fans, you have some mediocre players, and you have your Heroes. The Heroes are what make the game a great game. They are what people cheer for, they are what build the economy.

Golf is a good game, I like to play golf, i suck at it, I buy stuff based on what the good players use. No matter how much I play or what stuff I use, I still gonna suck. But Heroes and acts of greatness are what keep golf alive. Keep drawing in players and fans.

There is nuthing for Heroes to do in this game. Without any heroes, the fans and average joes are left bored. They go looking for a game with Heroes or chances to be a hero.

Having adventure level 200 or 27 level 100 craftsdoesnt say Hero. It just establishes that you invested a whole heck of alot of time.

Change mithril, who cares anymore.

NimKhazad

redo the loot tables and bring on the undead hordes!

Thread Information