Thread: Dear Tulga...

Growl

Default Dear Tulga...

Yesterday I posted a request for updates on a few issues that affect Unity on the GN forums. Luca responded quite promptly but alas, he was unable to provide any new information.

I have copied the questions and answers below

Would you please provide an update on the following issues?

Shard status seem to constantly show "online" and population "low"
    Security certifiacate for horizons.eu.istaria.com has expired
    Web access to the stocks of items held on Imperial connies
    Plot reclamation of expired accounts

Dear Player,

nothing has changed about the issues listed in your post since the last communications made during the past few months. If we had any news about them it would have been made public already, but the recap where we stand:

The shard status stopped working after the consolidation process and this is due to the non-propietary coding of the login website which has not been developed by Game Network Online.

The security certificate hasn't been updated yet as we (Game Network Online) are not the owners of the domain.

Web access to the consigners would require a different kind of website for the game (which again hasn't been developed internally). This is planned and currently in concept, but not with top priority level.

Plot reclamation. We've been asked by David Bowman to wait for the process to be complete before we can run the same process on Unity. It will start only when a precise plan can be set for the European shard.

I'm afraid I'm not saying anything new, but hopefully this will satisfy your curiosity.

Take care,
    Luca

I would be grateful if Tulga could shed any light on a possible resolution to these issues, in particular the security certificate and shard status issue.

Regards

Elspeth & Growl

Default Re: Dear Tulga...

Buried [^o)]
    Uroloki Chaos (Unity)(ice)

Growl

yep :(

I had hoped it would last more than a few hours before being moved.
    It is a shame as a response from Tulga would have given me a boost of confidence to know that they ,Tulga, were actively working towards supporting Unity.

Regards

Elspeth & Growl

Sorry folks, unfortunately one particular person is being vindictive and reporting all posts thateven mention the shardUnity, despite the fact that posts like this one are clearly needing read by Tulga. I would love to move this post back to the General forum (where it belongs in my honest opinion) however I am unwilling to go above the other moderators. I will be discussing the matter with the rest of the moderators when we next have a meeting because I personally feel it is unfair on the Unity playerbase that moderators are acting on reports from one single person.

Growl

Entilzah,

Thank you for your support in this, it is appreciated.

Regards

Elspeth & Growl

Surely though the post was actually read by Peaches before she moved it?

Rainbow

Growl

If Peaches works for Tulga, then that is fine as the request has been seen. If Peaches does not work for Tulga then the movement of the post, in my opinion, reduces the chance of it being read and thus acted upon by Tulga.

If someone could furnish me with an e-mail address for Tulga, then I will try direct. These are issues that I feel quite strongly about, and highlight the 2nd class treatment of the Unity server.

The resolution of some of the issues could be bought forward if Tulga and GN were to cooperate.

Regards
    Elspeth & Growl

Quote Originally Posted by Entilzah
    Sorry folks, unfortunately one particular person is being vindictive and reporting all posts thateven mention the shardUnity, despite the fact that posts like this one are clearly needing read by Tulga. I would love to move this post back to the General forum (where it belongs in my honest opinion) however I am unwilling to go above the other moderators. I will be discussing the matter with the rest of the moderators when we next have a meeting because I personally feel it is unfair on the Unity playerbase that moderators are acting on reports from one single person.
    I wish that the people reporting posts made by unity players about unity shard would be just as busy reporting posts from various other shard... Order shard in this particular case... [:)]
    http://community.istaria.com/Web/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=84323
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

Quote Originally Posted by Entilzah
    In my opinion its not whether one should heed a request/report of one single person or not but whether the policy the move all posts mentioning Unity to the Unity boards is correct. Unity players should be given a chance to address Tulga directly with matters that concern them. The only other thing that is left to us is to post on general boards about other matters and hope that our desperate light blue banner gets some attention from Tulga...

The current policy gives rise to the suspision that it may be in the interest of Tulga not to hear from Unity players, that they do wish to be involved and have to explain their position via GN.
    snickel wigglsniff (retired) Twilight Crusaders on Unity
    poggle wigglsniff (gnomish crafter and mage) semi-retired on Order
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    A gnomish house should not just sit there, it should definitely DO something!

Sadly enough nothing positive happend on this part.

It still seems like this forum is over moderated like it was since the last time I was here. I thought moderating should support the overall viewing of the board to make things clear and not hide things.

This is just another example

I have to agree Growl that when posts are moved out of the mainstream forums and 'buried' they stand a greatly reduced chance of being read and acted upon by those that might be able to assist. Being treated like your 2nd class is horrid I agree.
    25 months waiting for expert CNF forms. Tired of the intentional deceptions and being kicked in the junk.

ADV: Centenarian Nature Walker; Rating: 162
    Craft: 1900 levels; Craft Rating: 234
    DRGN: Lunus, Adult, 100 DRAG, 100 DCRA, 100 DLSH, Expert Lairshaper (Chaos-04)

No, try not! Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda

If the enemy presents an opportunity, take advantage of it - Sun Tzu

Having problems with my right to speak? Report me or click here *Ignore Seranthor*

Thread Information