Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What is up with the FOREVER PORTING

Default Re: What is up with the FOREVER PORTING

It got patched today and is now fixed. Tested and logged in with it today - woot! The Web Launcher is too slow for me - must have speedy logins/downloads!

Bulgrim
    Putter'er of Crafts and Near Miss-Adventurer on Chaos
    Guild Leader - Council of War
    C.O.W. : "Milking the WA Daily....fear the cow"

I confirmed that I had patch 361.2 last night..

All is golden and working great. Ports are going quick...just the memory problem that has been there forever.

Hopefully some day this will be addressed.

I hate having to relog after porting about 8 times or so, puts a real crimp in crafting...but what can I say, it is much better than it was
    16 100 crafting classes....getting closer

Staff :: Developer

Thank you all for this great thread!

With the details in these reports we've found and fixed the "not loading from cache even when you have it" issue on Blight. I've taken a quick look at it and load times have increased significantly for me after deleting world cache and going there once to load it again (without having to relog). We'll continue to run this on Blight until Tuesday in case anyone finds problems with it that might prevent it from going to Live shards. If you go take a look at it and find something to report, please send your details in to [email protected].

Look for this to go to Live shards on Tuesday maintenance (when you'll also have a huge database update, so will be longer loading times the first time you go anywhere.)

Again, thanks!

PS I'm extending the thanks from the Chief Officer of Engineering and Diector of Technical Stuff (or whatever his title is), as well as from myself. Keep 'em coming like this and we'll keep fixing them! We really appreciate your help.
    ~Illyist
    ~Aru

Galem

Yay!

Thank you Illyist.

Thank you all for this great thread!

With the details in these reports we've found and fixed the "not loading from cache even when you have it" issue on Blight. I've taken a quick look at it and load times have increased significantly for me after deleting world cache and going there once to load it again (without having to relog). We'll continue to run this on Blight until Tuesday in case anyone finds problems with it that might prevent it from going to Live shards. If you go take a look at it and find something to report, please send your details in to [email protected].

Look for this to go to Live shards on Tuesday maintenance (when you'll also have a huge database update, so will be longer loading times the first time you go anywhere.)

Again, thanks!

PS I'm extending the thanks from the Chief Officer of Engineering and Director of Technical Stuff (or whatever his title is), as well as from myself. Keep 'em coming like this and we'll keep fixing them! We really appreciate your help.
    ~Illyist
    ~Aru

Lol, double post, guess this forum newb should look at page 2 before hitting the post button again. Oh well, gave me a chance to spellcheck it :)
    ~Illyist
    ~Aru

I just want to say thank you for fixing this issue up to this point. The last week has been fine for me with port times. I don't know if the objects are still reloading and are just being faster at it than before or what but my port times are much faster and I thank you guys for that!

Now if only the memory leaks with portalling could be sorted out I'd be sitting pretty. :D

I just have to say, for one...I am very glad for all the feedback from community members as well as developers. I find this truly a "community", as it should be.

There are few games out there that truly deal with issues brought about by players...these might be addressed in other games, but never are they getting interaction with staff members to rectify problems and issues.

I truly enjoy my gaming here...a few issues, but I am sure they are being worked on as best as it can be.

keep up the work "Community", it will all come along for everyone nicely in the future.
    16 100 crafting classes....getting closer

I think the overall porting problems that I (we)) was having over the last couple of weeks is getting better. I do notice this though...

Before all the work on porting started I could port for hours. If I went to Tazoon after porting a dozen times I would get booted at the "Receiving World Objects" screen. If I stayed out of Tazoon I could port at least 2-3 dozen times before it would boot me. With all this latest work.. and it is improving.... I can only port maybe 10 times tops before it hangs up and I have to force a relog. I just wanted to add that so you had another players perspective on the porting problems.

To sum it up... porting wasn't all that bad for me before as long as I stayed out of tazoon. With the patch a couple of weeks ago it was unbearable... now it's better but, I think you still have some work to do yet. Keep up the good work guys.

Lastly, Can you NUKE tazoon off the map and rearrange the ports from that town to other towns? That town is something else. I would be very pleased to never have to step foot in that town again.

Thanks again for all you're doing guys!

PUKI

I wanted to make a few comments.

First, I think Tulga did a great job in acknowledging this issue very rapidly.

Second, I think Tulga corrected the issue very rapidly.

Mistakes happen. What defines a company is how they are handled. Great job Tulga!! I think you handled it quite nicely!!

I'm rather astonished at some of the posts here. Bottom line is that performance has degraded since the patch to fix the deletion of plot structures. Yes, it's better than it was post-patch, but still far far worse than it was pre-patch.

Sadly, seems as though most people are so used to performance issues that when we regain a small bit of lost ground, we rejoice and congratulate the devs.

We should be seeing net performance gains, given how bad the memory leak, porting lag and combat lag are currently.

This is NOT a job well done.

TYVM.

Quote Originally Posted by BKBanzai
    I'm rather astonished at some of the posts here. Bottom line is that performance has degraded since the patch to fix the deletion of plot structures. Yes, it's better than it was post-patch, but still far far worse than it was pre-patch.

Sadly, seems as though most people are so used to performance issues that when we regain a small bit of lost ground, we rejoice and congratulate the devs.

We should be seeing net performance gains, given how bad the memory leak, porting lag and combat lag are currently.

This is NOT a job well done.

TYVM.
    My stance at this point is that the recent fix must have fixed it for some people but not for all. I have spoken to some that swear that the lag now is the same as it was pre-plot-deletion patch. For me, it's temendously worse still.
    Twelvebagger
    12x100. <-- I did monk!
    Twelvebagger's Mistress (pinkie!)
    Redo the loot tables and bring on the undead hordes! (*Hands Beer to NimK)

I used to get FPS in the high teens to high 20s, sometimes as high as 30+.

After hitting 6 gates (last stand-&gt;nana-&gt;bristugo -- 2x) my fps dropped to between 3.9 with a high of 6.7.

This was post-patch, post hotfix to improve FPS....

I know others that have to log after every 4-5 ports or the game is unplayable.

Oh, and those that don't need to relog get spared that from crashing on opening silos after porting or accessing house/guild inventories.

Those of you that aren't having these issues, great. I upgraded to 2 GiG of RAM (from 1 GiG) and still had to re-log every 6 or so ports.

Memory leak is worse than it's ever been for me and others I know -- it may be fine for some of you, but those of you that have no problems, please do not dismiss those of us that are having a horrendous time trying to play this game.

Some patch back in early part of the year was supposed to fix memory leak, instead it transfered the massive drain of tazoon into cities such as Aug, Dalimond, and worst of all, New Rachivel, which used to be the home base of many a high level player/crafter. I can port to NR with about 350 meg of RAM avail and it hits about 70 meg instantly. I've crashed trying to leave NR because of the memory leak.

These performance issues should be your main priority and come before new content, additional time sinks and game changes to slow down craft and adventure leveling.

I am sorely disappointed in the direction of the game, and the performance degradation with each successive patch.

Invisible mobs are STILL in game...this has been an issue since March of this year (about the time blight anchors went invisible).

Player positioning is still whacked, mobs still run past you and our workaround is that you have to MOVE your character to get these mobs to "snap" into view (while they hit you the whole time).

Thread Information